Names You Can't Stand #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
for me, it's the letter G. like, regardless of gender, i can't think of a single name that i like. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Many of my least favourite names begin with G, including Gabby. Why name a person after the sound a goose makes, or an adjective that means “overly talkative”?

Reactions: 5
for me, it's the letter G. like, regardless of gender, i can't think of a single name that i like. 🤷🏻‍♂️
same! i think a G sound is so harsh that it takes over the name (if that makes any sense) - like george in particular is such an ugly sounding name to me. i can’t think of a single g name that doesn’t sound like that to me.

Reactions: 3
Many of my least favourite names begin with G, including Gabby. Why name a person after the sound a goose makes, or an adjective that means “overly talkative”?
I dislike many K names Kirsty, Kylie, Keeley, Kelly, Keegan, Keenan, Keith, Kevin, Kai, Kayden, etc

• Haha
Reactions: 11
yeah, Gabby is awful. also Gaia, Gwendolene/Gwyndolene/Gwyneth, Greer, Gisele, Greta, Gillian/Gill, Giovanna, Gianna, Gia, Gemma, Gideon, Geo, Gabriel, Gage, Graham, Greg, Gordon, Geoffe, Godfrey, Gus, Gavin, Gerrard, Garth, Gary. bleurgh. 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Gabby is terrible.

Although I love Kai. It has a lovely meaning and I would use it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I dislike many K names Kirsty, Kylie, Keeley, Kelly, Keegan, Keenan, Keith, Kevin, Kai, Kayden, etc
this actually reminds me of a sorta unrelated thing; i hate when parents name all their kids one letter and miss one out. if you’re going for a theme then commit to it.

colleen and wayne rooney named their kids kai, klay, kit and CASS. why?!! you could easily have named him kass?! if i ever meet colleen this is what i will ask her 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The Rooneys' boys' names are dreadful. Kai sounds like a naughty kid with a buzz cut who looks like he needs a vitamin shot. Klay sounds like a London gangster. Kit sounds bizarrely like a posh toff kid. And Cass is a girl's name, so who knows what they were thinking.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The Rooneys' boys' names are dreadful. Kai sounds like a naughty kid with a buzz cut who looks like he needs a vitamin shot. Klay sounds like a London gangster. Kit sounds bizarrely like a posh toff kid. And Cass is a girl's name, so who knows what they were thinking.
i actually really like kit (🤦🏼‍♀️) but you’re right that it doesn’t fit with the other boys’ names at all, and it’s just the lack of commitment to the theme that bugs me 🤣

siblings names that don’t fit together is another pet peeve of mine though so i’m probably overreacting!

Reactions: 2
Jayden is definitely a naughty name. Haven’t heard of one that wasn’t produced by a chav screaming JAAAAYDEN at them. 😬

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.