Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sienna which is both nonsense ( it’s a city not a person’s name, would you call someone Oslo? Miami? Madrid?) and also misspelled ( city is called Siena )
Most people who use it have also never been there 🤣
I also can’t stand Andrea for a girl as the meaning is “vigorous man” same goes for Cecily ( the one who is blind ) or Claudia ( the one who is limping )
I often wonder how people give names without checking their meaning before.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Sienna which is both nonsense ( it’s a city not a person’s name, would you call someone Oslo? Miami? Madrid?) and also misspelled ( city is called Siena )
Most people who use it have also never been there 🤣
I also can’t stand Andrea for a girl as the meaning is “vigorous man” same goes for Cecily ( the one who is blind ) or Claudia ( the one who is limping )
I often wonder how people give names without checking their meaning before.
Sienna is my niece's name, I associate it with the colour

Agree re Andrea, Cecily, Claudia. Same goes for Mallory/Malorie (means "unlucky") or Alexia (a brain disorder that causes a loss of reading ability)

Reactions: 6
I like Sienna, and LOVE Cressida! sorry not sorry. I also love posh boys names like Hugo and Rupert.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Sienna is my niece's name, I associate it with the colour

Agree re Andrea, Cecily, Claudia. Same goes for Mallory/Malorie (means "unlucky") or Alexia (a brain disorder that causes a loss of reading ability)
even the colour is with one N as it refers to the same city, it’s just us english speakers who mispelled it and it stayed that way

I also have a dislike for names that are actually the short version of a full name. Like the famous Archie. Alex comes to mind. Bill. Charlie. Why

I just read someone named their son Dashiell :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
even the colour is with one N as it refers to the same city, it’s just us english speakers who mispelled it and it stayed that way

I also have a dislike for names that are actually the short version of a full name. Like the famous Archie. Alex comes to mind. Bill. Charlie. Why
I did not know that, interesting!

I think that full names as nicknames risk being perceived as childish/immature when someone's a teenager or adult. Might be some exceptions - I don't think most people would bat an eyelid at someone being named Sally rather than Sarah for instance. But Alfie, Archie, Maisie and so on are another story

Reactions: 2
Some names might cute as a baby but can you imagine when that person is elderly and saying ‘let’s go see nanny Shakira’ or ‘granny Aria’

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Blaise- just no..
Xayvier- why with all these letters
Shanda- shanda? shanda? shanda? are you serious
Author- sigh

I've just read this thread and some of the names here :oops::oops::oops::oops:
(poor kids)

Reactions: 3
Talked to a guy on tinder from Glasgow, his name was Michaelangelo, not Michelangelo like the actual artist (which would have been bad enough already) no, it's Michael- angelo. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Jasper, Felix, Gus, Cyril, Sybil & Persephone , not a fan of these.
Wasn't Skipper the name of the Barbie Doll's sister?

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.