Names you can’t stand #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cynthia! Reminds me of chlamydia when I see it written down.

Also, I hate when surnames are used as first names, such as Cooper, Carter, Harrison, Jackson etc. Just confusing!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Stripper names
Lexi
Lacey
Lily
Lola
Dixie
Trixie
Pixie
Missy
Misty
Dusty
Dolly
Honey
Star
Blossom
Tallulah
Brooke
Morgan
McKenzie
Cassidy

Reactions: 12
The name Dusty is a bit strange, although Dusty Springfield is a good stage name
Lacey Turner from Eastenders named her daughter Dusty

Reactions: 11
Scout- who in their right mind would call a baby girl this?
Anything really naff like Ella- May etc.

Reactions: 21
I met a guy online dating who had a son called Rylan. I love Rylan on TV of course but this was a deal breaker for me....

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Old fashioned names that are back in fashion:

Elsie
Edith
Nelly
Esme
Archie
Arthur
Ronnie

One of the above was my nans name and she hated it. She'd turn in her grave thinking of little ones being saddled with names like these.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hate the name LYDIA. it’s just so boring and most people I know called Lydia are witches 🤣
Used to like the name until someone said to me it sounds like chlamydia. They’re mot wrong and now I’ll never hear or read the name the same again 🥴 and you probably won’t either, sorry 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Percy and Gregory. Greg is such a horrible shortened version of the name Gregory too.

Reactions: 5
So in my salon today and a girl is talking about her children, She's three , two boys named Skyler and Billy Sailor and a little girl named China doll . Like why .
Poor kids

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
So in my salon today and a girl is talking about her children, She's three , two boys named Skyler and Billy Sailor and a little girl named China doll . Like why .
Poor kids
China doll wins😷😷😷

I know a girl who called her kids Heavenly & Starr, 🤮🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My Sister in Law already has one child from a previous relationship she’s now in her teens.

Her daughters name is double barrelled and when I was first introduced to my brothers step daughter I would sometimes shorten it, more as an affectionate thing (I grew up where my name was shortened as was lots of family members around me).

The mother insisted it was “ *****-Louise”
The daughter never said anything but could tell she felt so uncomfortable.
I apologised as I know some people hate their name being shortened but FGS it was just me using the first name? 😂

Anyways they’ve since had a daughter themselves and I was PRAYING it wouldn’t be some stupid name or even a double barrelled one. Thank goodness it’s not! Sigh of relief 😳

Call me a complete witch, but do some mothers not realise how rough some double barrelled names sound sometimes? Names can be whether we like it or not can give out a first impression to the people we meet in life.
Obviously you shouldn’t just go on judging someone on a name but sometimes think some parents really don’t do their kids any favours at all. 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.