Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have they called it a sex pond yet ? There’s also someone claiming they’re going to call their baby Adolf, it always amuses me when people take the obvious trolls seriously

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I posted on Mumsnet for a while but didn't last long. The final straw was when they ripped apart a poor poster who was upset about not being able to see her partner at Christmas due to Covid restrictions and being in a long distance relationship. They all piled on telling her if they had a long distance relationship it wasn't real, they couldn't possibly love each other if neither of them were prepared to uproot and move to be with the other, how very date she suggest she was being hard done to etc. I was in a similar situation and it stung me to the core that they were being so vile.

I couldn't be done with all the DD, DS, DH, DDog etc, name changing because the post was "outing", and generally being very vague about where they lived (a small Northern town, handy for 2 nearby cities). Vagueness in general really, instead of giving actual examples they'd say things like "we gave our DD a traditional name, think Victoria Georgina" or the inability to talk about their DH hobbies (we all knew it was either golf or cycling but they could never admit it).

There were a few good wind up threads but some posters for far too invested in them.
so many times I’ve had to edit my posts here because I’ve put DH like some kind of stupid muscle memory!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Does anyone else remember the time a woman was so distressed about what her bare arse looked like she took a photo of it and uploaded it? There followed lots of posters critiquing it and telling her it looked lovely etc. I couldn’t believe that someone would actually take a photo of their backside and upload it to an Internet forum for all to see!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I wonder if there is any man in the world that mumsnet users wouldn’t label as ‘abusive’

every small thing gets labelled as abusive and one must LTB immedi, but if it was the other way around, the woman would be not labelled as such.

I wonder if there is any man in the world that mumsnet users wouldn’t label as ‘abusive’

every small thing gets labelled as abusive and one must LTB immedi, but if it was the other way around, the woman would be not labelled as such.
Its always an eye opener when you see how they respond to female abusers. Not long ago there was a woman who go so angry because he partner had spilled something that she screamed in his face, chucked things at him and slammed a door so hard that it broke the plaster on the wall. To be fair a few posters did call her out as abusive, but they were mostly drowned out by the mob who found every excuse in the book to justify this woman’s actions. Apparently she was obviously at the end of her tether because her partner was messy, she was tired, struggling with their young child (who’d witnessed it). One even said that female abuse against men isn’t as bad, because men are stronger that women!

Abuse is abuse whoever the perpetrator is, and it’s wrong whoever it is. But don’t let that get in the way of your ‘all men are evil and potential murderers’ narrative.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
There is currently a thread about the woman being resentful being the main earner and contributing more and everyone is saying the husband needs to pull his weight more or make more money so he can contribute more, even though he contributes what he can.

just the other day there was another thread where the wife was saying her husband was pissed off with paying for everything and everyone was obviously labelling him as ‘abusive’ and ‘all money is family money’ 😆

You just have to laugh at the double standards these women set. Would hate to be any of their partners

And the thing is, yes often men do behave badly. But so do women! In real life I know just as many women who’ve had affairs and cheated on their husbands and partners as I do men. In fact I’d say it’s pretty evenly balanced.

Reactions: 6
And the thing is, yes often men do behave badly. But so do women! In real life I know just as many women who’ve had affairs and cheated on their husbands and partners as I do men. In fact I’d say it’s pretty evenly balanced.
Law of averages say cheating is balanced.... unless you have one or two extremely busy cheaters knocking about!

Reactions: 2
I couldn't get over a thread a couple of weeks ago when users branded Yankee candles as 'cheap'. I only use neom was one posters response. £40 a pop for a candle. You're literally burning money. What the bleeping duck? I can't even afford Yankee candles, I buy the Aldi dupes for 3.99 and it's a big treat. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I couldn't get over a thread a couple of weeks ago when users branded Yankee candles as 'cheap'. I only use neom was one posters response. £40 a pop for a candle. You're literally burning money. What the bleeping duck? I can't even afford Yankee candles, I buy the Aldi dupes for 3.99 and it's a big treat. 🤣
Oh don’t you know they all use Jo Malone darling 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh yeh completely overpriced and would never buy any candles , but I meant the image that most of them try to potray that they will only buy jo Malone or neom 😆

Reactions: 2
Yankee candle fan turned into Aldi dupe of Jo Malone fan here. Why pay so much for a lump of wax you're going to burn? There's also the horrific assumption that if you have scented candles or room fragrances, then your house must stink.

I was writing a report for work the other day and realised I'd put next of kin with power of attorney for health is SIL. My colleague said 'who is SIL?' I internally rolled my eyes at my Mumsnetness and corrected it :D

• Haha
I bet they’re the same women who used to buy them on QVC years ago and thought they were the bees knees having an American imported candle, but now turn their noses up because production moved to the Czech Republic (last time I read) and you can buy them in Asda 🤣

The Aldi ones are fab, neom is so overrated IMO. On all fronts.

Reactions: 6
I hate when people buy expensive tit just to brag about it. My friend bought a £220 designer snow globe 😂😂😂 what the actual duck. Who cares

• Haha
I hate when people buy expensive tit just to brag about it. My friend bought a £220 designer snow globe 😂😂😂 what the actual duck. Who cares
snowglobes are things you buy few a few quid in a souvenir shop to put out at Xmastime... anybody spending a fortune on one deserves to be parted with their cash :D

• Haha
My friend, god bless him, is like this. Not in a bragging way, but will tell me that he bought something that cost X amount of money because of the brand name and thinks I’ll be impressed. I straight up tell him I think he’s a twit to part with that much when you can get the same product with a less known brand name for far less. He calls me a stingy cheapskate in retaliation 😆

Reactions: 1
And they all refer to their evening meal as ‘dinner’. My evening meal is tea, I’ve never met anyone who calls it dinner. Ever.
I live in Scotland and where I am we call it dinner! If you said to me you were having your tea I would automatically assume you meant a cup of tea 🤣
But yes, the snobbery on there is just unbelievable!

Yeh the tea/dinner thing is a divider lol.

I’ve never heard anyone call it Tea where i’m
From, its dinner to us too 🤷🏽‍♀️

one of the funniest threads was the cutlery holding- the snobbery on them
Was astonishing

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.