Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It doesn’t matter who you are, what your job is or how much volunteering and giving back you do the rules are the bleeping rules. We’re in lockdown until told otherwise. I know somebody who’s second home was broken into and he isn’t allowed to drive 80 miles to go and check it.

AF is an entitled twit and everyone defending her needs to get a bleeping grip.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Have you ever read such a load of fawning bullshit in all your life as this post from Beefcurtains79?

‘I’m going to say this in general rather than address individual posters who’ve bleated about fawning or crowning etc

AF is a regular yup.

She’s ‘known’ yup

She also puts way way way more than most of you will ever know. I don’t know ANY of you bleaters, you’ve probably contributed nothing of any value to anyone. Not paid in, not given back. Nothing.

So before you get all mean girls, bitter and jealous take a looong look in the mumsnet mirror.

Do you pm people asking them just how they are? Do you ask people going through hell if they’re ok? Or congratulate them on getting out of an abusive relationship? Offer them a manly punch on the shoulder and a chin up love?

No? Then pipe the duck down.

Af can stand up for herself, absolutely but she’s kind and caring to others, struggling Internet strangers, and if she’s struggling, ffs.

Ask yourself if your mean little comments are of any help at all.

If you have nothing constructive to say, say nothing.

Wow. And just to clarify, it’s others who are ‘mean girls’?’

Which roughly translates as, yes AnyFucker is long term poster and part of the Mumsnet Hierarchy and inner circle, and therefore can do what she likes and you lot aren’t part of our gang so why don’t you duck off.
What thread is that and in what section? God I hate mumsnet 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm really surprised AF made that thread tbh! Surely to goodness even she is capable of reading the room at a time like this. I'm even more surprised that the same old names are still popping up doing the same old things. Do they never get bored and why the feck haven't they just applied for a "job" as mod because that's what they do day in day out.

Reactions: 6
Just read that thread, what the f**k?! All the reasons I hate mumsnet in one thread right there! What a right bunch of a**se licking p**cks 🤣👅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Have you ever read such a load of fawning bullshit in all your life as this post from Beefcurtains79?

‘I’m going to say this in general rather than address individual posters who’ve bleated about fawning or crowning etc

AF is a regular yup.

She’s ‘known’ yup

She also puts way way way more than most of you will ever know. I don’t know ANY of you bleaters, you’ve probably contributed nothing of any value to anyone. Not paid in, not given back. Nothing.

So before you get all mean girls, bitter and jealous take a looong look in the mumsnet mirror.

Do you pm people asking them just how they are? Do you ask people going through hell if they’re ok? Or congratulate them on getting out of an abusive relationship? Offer them a manly punch on the shoulder and a chin up love?

No? Then pipe the duck down.

Af can stand up for herself, absolutely but she’s kind and caring to others, struggling Internet strangers, and if she’s struggling, ffs.

Ask yourself if your mean little comments are of any help at all.

If you have nothing constructive to say, say nothing.

Wow. And just to clarify, it’s others who are ‘mean girls’?’

Which roughly translates as, yes AnyFucker is long term poster and part of the Mumsnet Hierarchy and inner circle, and therefore can do what she likes and you lot aren’t part of our gang so why don’t you duck off.
That’s the comment that finished me off and made me vow never to look on Mumsnet again 😂

• Haha
I just took a quick look to see what the comments are on the ‘leak’ about return to schools. It’s the same comments as the other 584 threads about the same thing. One poster saying how bad it is and how surprised she is, then says at the end well mine are homeschooled so it makes no difference😂.

• Haha
That’s the comment that finished me off and made me vow never to look on Mumsnet again 😂
It’s not Beefcurtains79 that made the comment, they were just quoting it taking the piss out of the sycophants.

The thread has now been zapped by Mumsnet HQ! Can’t have the queen bee of Mumsnet being portrayed badly now.

Reactions: 7
That thread was an eye opener, if you never thought there was hierarchy on MN surely that changed your perspective? Some posters even claimed that it couldn’t have been AF and someone must have stolen her name 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It’s not Beefcurtains79 that made the comment, they were just quoting it taking the piss out of the sycophants.

The thread has now been zapped by Mumsnet HQ! Can’t have the queen bee of Mumsnet being portrayed badly now.
Ah,right- yes, it was the original quote I meant . I was seething after reading it!’

Reactions: 2
It’s going to be a hot bed of hysteria, teeth gnashing and wailing over the update from the PM today. Most of the COVID threads are so hysterical, one minute they want everything locked down for eternity, next minute MN royalty should be allowed to their second home.... totally hypocrisy!

Reactions: 9
It’s going to be a hot bed of hysteria, teeth gnashing and wailing over the update from the PM today. Most of the COVID threads are so hysterical, one minute they want everything locked down for eternity, next minute MN royalty should be allowed to their second home.... totally hypocrisy!
This time last year they were practically foaming at the mouth over Covid. Ranting about the government not doing enough, screeching that children are super spreaders and schools needed to be closed ASAP, raging about people with ‘persistent coughs’ being outside in public, telling us that we were on the same path as Italy and soon there would be bodies piled up in the street etc (Yes, really). And then when it happened and they had to homeschool little Tarquin and Isabella alongside doing their ever so important jobs from home, and the reality wasn’t all sweetness and light the tone changed and it was ‘I can’t live like this anymore, I’m lying on kitchen floor crying with frustration, I haven’t hugged my DM for three weeks’. Then the teacher bashing came, how dare they want to stay safe in their place of work when my child is suffering severe mental distress by being at home (yeah right hun) and I am unable to my ever so important job.

And don’t get me started on the endless ‘Can I do this’ posts. How the duck do you expect MN to know? It’s fairly easy to access government advice. MN is not some all knowing oracle.

Reactions: 12
This time last year they were practically foaming at the mouth over Covid. Ranting about the government not doing enough, screeching that children are super spreaders and schools needed to be closed ASAP, raging about people with ‘persistent coughs’ being outside in public, telling us that we were on the same path as Italy and soon there would be bodies piled up in the street etc (Yes, really). And then when it happened and they had to homeschool little Tarquin and Isabella alongside doing their ever so important jobs from home, and the reality wasn’t all sweetness and light the tone changed and it was ‘I can’t live like this anymore, I’m lying on kitchen floor crying with frustration, I haven’t hugged my DM for three weeks’. Then the teacher bashing came, how dare they want to stay safe in their place of work when my child is suffering severe mental distress by being at home (yeah right hun) and I am unable to my ever so important job.

And don’t get me started on the endless ‘Can I do this’ posts. How the duck do you expect MN to know? It’s fairly easy to access government advice. MN is not some all knowing oracle.
YABU! Sorry , I just couldn’t help it 😂😂. They are a bunch of attention seeking old crows.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Slightly! I’ve just looked again at the main section which shows the live threads, 3 out of 6 are about schools returning. Same old tit being trawled, it’s a cess pit 😂
I think a lot of them genuinely don’t like spending time with their children.

• Heart
Exactly it’s the sheer lack of rational debate on it all. And there are clearly some people on their deliberately trying to put fear out there, pretty sick as you can tell they are loving it.

anyone else get fed up of the lies and inaccurate posts as well? There‘s a thread on AIBU called thanks all brexiteers which OP was importing 3k of art into U.K. from Russia and blamed brexit. The thread descended into a mess of people mocking the 3k art and a brexit debate. People keep saying that russia has a trade agreement with the EU which is completely unsubstantiated and if it did, there would still be customs charges to import goods. so OP has managed to create a complete froth about two unrelated things as her AIBU is about the customs fees and process.

There needs to be some fact check on certain posts like a big banner that says ‘this could be bollocks’.

• Haha
I think a lot of them genuinely don’t like spending time with their children.
Do you ever post on there or just read? I’ve only ever posted once when I had a problem with my radiators!!! There’s a plumber on there and ( I think it’s a he) is really helpful! Saved me calling out someone to look when one of them didn’t work 😂. Apart from that have never posted, it seems like it’s stuck in rut.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.