Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone remember Crumbs / Cherry pavlova
Yes, I do 😆 she was a massive bleeping fantasist. I did enjoy her posts though. Someone on the MN Trolls on Reddit once trawled through all her posts and collected them altogether and it was brilliant. She posted a photo of her supposed mansion once and it looked like she’d taken it by hiding in a bush. And then she posted a pic of her ‘bedroom’ that was actually from the website of a hotel in London. Her posts were all about living in a village similar to the one in The Vicar of Dibley and all her 6 kids were either high achieving Drs and Navy Generals and they were the most popular kid at school and the younger ones were child prodigies. MN knew she was a troll but always let her posts stand.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Crumb's fictional Christmas Eve celebrations where the entire village joined in, including the amicable and delightful teenagers - there were never any surly spotty ones, drinking cider and smoking behind the church hall, telling everyone to duck off - oh no, Crumb's teenagers were a cheerful lot - they thoroughly enjoyed taking part in the live nativity play (with real sheep adorned with fairylights) and then happily babysat younger siblings whilst their parents drank mulled wine and danced the night away. On Boxing Day the same happy teenagers would willingly box up the majority of their Christmas gifts for "the poor."

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Crumbs posted on a Xmas list thread once that got more and more outrageous as it went on. It went something like;

Sister In Law: Harrods hamper
Best friend: tickets for the box at Hamilton
Cleaner: Truffles handpicked by Peruvian orphans
Next door neighbour: the principality of Monaco
Ds: His own rocket ship
The vicar: a jar of jam once owned by Jane Austen

I miss her 🥲 I think she had something sadly lacking in her life, but her posts were always great.

Does anyone remember EatShitDerek?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
EatShitDerek was the hoaxer who pretended to have a surprise pregnancy, wasn't she? Then got caught out by a name change fail or something similar?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
EatShitDerek was the hoaxer who pretended to have a surprise pregnancy, wasn't she? Then got caught out by a name change fail or something similar?
Yeah, that’s her. She was a MN blagger and apparently got sent quite a bit of stuff from the MN aunties in the old days. She was vile but untouchable coz she was MN royalty

Reactions: 1
Yeah, that’s her. She was a MN blagger and apparently got sent quite a bit of stuff from the MN aunties in the old days. She was vile but untouchable coz she was MN royalty
Is she the one that posted a picture of her extremely flat tummy and it was supposedly days before her surprise birth?

That was one of the first MN posts I read.

Is she the one that posted a picture of her extremely flat tummy and it was supposedly days before her surprise birth?

That was one of the first MN posts I read.
Yeah, it might have been her. She said it was a surprise pregnancy but I think it got found out that it wasn’t. Or she posted on a sock puppet account that she’d died or something stupid. I can’t remember exactly but I haven’t seen her on MN since she had the second kid. It’s been a good few years since I’ve seen anyone who might be her.

I vaguely recall she 'died' after being caught out in numerous lies. One of her many socks announced she had passed away suddenly and unexpectedly (and actually hadn't died at all).

• Haha
This is going back many years, I think it was either 07 or 08 during the Christmas period there was a romance thread about a single mum kissing her Dr colleague at the Christmas party she was so embarrassed but slowly admits she fancies him. It was a long thread about them eventually falling in love. It was really sweet or so I thought years later i found out it was all a hoax it was a writer testing out the plot for a book!

My favorite MN christmas moment has to be the mouldies being discovered, threads and threads of full on hysteria. :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
I think there is a lot of piss taking on there, snobbery and trying to outdo each other . However, once when I was was worried about the possibility of Mum nearly dying during a major operation some people were very kind / helpful and supportive. No one was taking the piss or being nasty. It really helped me and I am grateful for their kindness.
I'm not on there now, its too snobby for me.

Reactions: 8
I think there is a lot of piss taking on there, snobbery and trying to outdo each other . However, once when I was was worried about the possibility of Mum nearly dying during a major operation some people were very kind / helpful and supportive. No one was taking the piss or being nasty. It really helped me and I am grateful for their kindness.
I'm not on there now, its too snobby for me.
I do wonder if you’d get the same response these days. There are a lot of posters just waiting to jump down an OP’s throat for the sake of it, especially in relationships, where you get a lot of smug married people telling women that they’re needy, clingy and suffocating for wanting the most basic of decent behaviour from their partners.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Crumbs posted on a Xmas list thread once that got more and more outrageous as it went on. It went something like;

Sister In Law: Harrods hamper
Best friend: tickets for the box at Hamilton
Cleaner: Truffles handpicked by Peruvian orphans
Next door neighbour: the principality of Monaco
Ds: His own rocket ship
The vicar: a jar of jam once owned by Jane Austen

I miss her 🥲 I think she had something sadly lacking in her life, but her posts were always great.

Does anyone remember EatShitDerek?
She is still on there. CherryPavlova

Reactions: 2
She is still on there. CherryPavlova
Is she?! Oh excellent! 😆

ETA: I’ve just looked up some of her posts. Yep, she’s still got it. Couldn’t live solely off a two grand a month disposable income for the rest of her life, and talking about her boat and husband jetting off to Hong Kong.

Marvellous.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I was always surprised when BertrandRussell disappeared, she’d turn up on every thread like she was the queen of MN and spout the most obtuse comments. Everyone would then pretend they agreed because no one dared not.

Reactions: 6
I was always surprised when BertrandRussell disappeared, she’d turn up on every thread like she was the queen of MN and spout the most obtuse comments. Everyone would then pretend they agreed because no one dared not.
Wonder if she’s back under another name? Still a bleep either way.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The AIBU to think Mumsnet isn’t any better than Tattle Life one!! Ohhhh the irony.
From what I've seen people on Tattle are so much nicer. I would never post on Mumnset. Not only do they ignore anyone not in the clique, they are just vicious all the time for no reason.

Reactions: 10
BertrandRussell was still there until fairly recently. Whenever a thread appeared about ghosts or anything paranormal she would always appear to try and debunk everything, and was so rude and patronising about it. Even when they were just fun ghost stories that weren’t even meant to be taken seriously she’d have to come a long and piss on everyone’s fun. Such a miserable fucker.

Reactions: 8
Hahahaha this was me - I used to defend them fiercely because I had done that job and it was utterly soul destroying.
Me too Sven - I was shocked at how challenging the job was - the pressures managing the expectations of patients and doctors - primary care is hard!

This is going back many years, I think it was either 07 or 08 during the Christmas period there was a romance thread about a single mum kissing her Dr colleague at the Christmas party she was so embarrassed but slowly admits she fancies him. It was a long thread about them eventually falling in love. It was really sweet or so I thought years later i found out it was all a hoax it was a writer testing out the plot for a book!
Oh god I remember that one! There have been quite a few 'romance' ones over the years which were either book plots or written by pervy blokes!

There was the Zeebrugge one too which was ridiculous and unsurprisingly also turned out to be a creative writing exercise.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.