Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The EXTRAORDINARY amount of ‘ wills ‘ that haven’t been left to children is astounding.. I hope to baby jeebus my kids are not waiting for me to die so they can get their hands on my 3 bed semi .. all I’ve read over the past 3 and more days is that the parents are retired , going on cruises , spunking the money up the wall and all the daughter says is ‘ wah wah wah’ why can’t they pay off my mortgage.. I even read tonight some mumsnetter went to private school in the 90’s got given 20k and still is crying a river cos the parents are enjoying themselves in retirement

• Wow
Reactions: 13
The EXTRAORDINARY amount of ‘ wills ‘ that haven’t been left to children is astounding.. I hope to baby jeebus my kids are not waiting for me to die so they can get their hands on my 3 bed semi .. all I’ve read over the past 3 and more days is that the parents are retired , going on cruises , spunking the money up the wall and all the daughter says is ‘ wah wah wah’ why can’t they pay off my mortgage.. I even read tonight some mumsnetter went to private school in the 90’s got given 20k and still is crying a river cos the parents are enjoying themselves in retirement
An old timer stirring under a name-change on that cruise thread. She sounds horrible, you just know she is the type to snipe behind your back dare you have anything nice in life.
All that bitterness under the pretence of environmental concerns, I loved her throwaway comment about national trust cottages that she uses.

She is probably chucking lager cans from the sofa outside her house with six feral children running around.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Did anyone see someone starting a thread saying they missed Bluntness and then someone came on called Bluntness101 pretending to be Bluntness?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Did anyone see someone starting a thread saying they missed Bluntness and then someone came on called Bluntness101 pretending to be Bluntness?
How could anyone miss Bluntness, they’re spouting crap on every thread that’s posted 🙄 I wish I’d seen that haha

• Haha
Reactions: 6
That thread is quite astonishing. The OP earns 50k but considers that a low salary. She has a property portfolio. She owns a flat in central London. But mummy and daddy are spending all their wealth on luxury holidays and it's not fair. They should give her more money, not waste it on having a good time. She sounds like a petulant child.

• Sad
  • Wow
There’s currently a thread asking ‘what is the secret to having a husband who adores you’ which isn’t really asking, it was just an excuse for the OP to big herself up and tell everyone how fabulous she is. Some of the replies are vomit inducing.
I think someone has replied that the thread should have been called ‘Aren’t I amazing?’ 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve noticed another post called PlandeRacourment something like that who seems to jump on any thread right at the start and derail or just posts lies.

There was a thread where the OP asked for help on how to delegate tasks at work. Simple enough question. This poster jumped on as first response and queried the use of the word ‘colleagues’ and totally de railed the thread then went on to quote the dictionary and spout some nonsense about engineering. Of course a bunch of lemmings jumped on to agree and repeat the nonsense before another poster with common sense put a stop to it and actually answered the OP.

Certain posters just revel in being complete dickheads. It’s a waste of time reading some threads.

Reactions: 8
How could anyone miss Bluntness, they’re spouting crap on every thread that’s posted 🙄 I wish I’d seen that haha
Same. I can’t stand her. She’s on every bleeping thread that’s posted. I don’t know where she finds the time.

I’ve noticed another post called PlandeRacourment something like that who seems to jump on any thread right at the start and derail or just posts lies.

There was a thread where the OP asked for help on how to delegate tasks at work. Simple enough question. This poster jumped on as first response and queried the use of the word ‘colleagues’ and totally de railed the thread then went on to quote the dictionary and spout some nonsense about engineering. Of course a bunch of lemmings jumped on to agree and repeat the nonsense before another poster with common sense put a stop to it and actually answered the OP.

Certain posters just revel in being complete dickheads. It’s a waste of time reading some threads.
Plan got right on my nerves last time I went to look. You’re right, every thread she can she’s there derailing and making it about herself an her experiences. I swear she’s claimed to have had more careers and expertise than most people have had cups of tea.

Reactions: 5
It’s gone down again. Has anyone else noticed that it seems to go down a lot?

Reactions: 4
Did I not read somewhere that they do allow posters to edit...if they pay a subscription fee and for all of 10 seconds? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Did I not read somewhere that they do allow posters to edit...if they pay a subscription fee and for all of 10 seconds? :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, they did. £5 a month or £50 a year for a 10 second edit function. I’m sure they said that quoting posts was in with subscription fee as well but everyone can do that now. And I’m not sure if the edit function ever materialised either.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Down for me too. The site is glitchy as hell. I bet they are running it on some clapped out server somewhere and someone turned the plug off!

Reactions: 6
Digital Spy, despite its faults, has always allowed you to edit your posts. Expecting people to pay for the privilege is disgusting!

I've never been on digital spy, I've just heard they're as bad as mumsnet for deleting threads. For some reason I was under the impression it was a forum for TV viewers.

Reactions: 4
I've never been on digital spy, I've just heard they're as bad as mumsnet for deleting threads. For some reason I was under the impression it was a forum for TV viewers.
It was originally, but then they added forums for general discussion, politics, sport etc

Reactions: 3
They delete any thread that might result in Hearst getting sued, I think. Any slanderous comments about showbiz people get zapped.

Has anyone seen the thread about what makes you posh, on Mumsnet? The snobbery is hilarious to read. I remember one similar thread where a poster claimed to be middle-class because she had a bean to cup coffee machine. You can buy them in Argos ffs, hardly Harrods :D
Then there was that horrifically sneery thread about rattan garden furniture and how chavvy it is to have a garden sofa. One should recline on a blanket under a tree, not all comfy on a settee with a can of lager glass of wine.

• Haha
The posh thread is laughable. So many posters falling over themselves to tell everyone how they were called posh growing up because they talked properly. duck off. Posh means the aristocracy, Lords and Lady’s, Duke, Earls etc.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.