Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A truly posh person wouldn't need to work out whether they were posh. There's an awful lot of posters claiming to have been privately educated and have RP accents. Bless them. Showing off is never classy.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The posh thread is laughable. So many posters falling over themselves to tell everyone how they were called posh growing up because they talked properly. duck off. Posh means the aristocracy, Lords and Lady’s, Duke, Earls etc.
So many trying to demonstrate to a load of trolls how UMC they are.

A truly posh person wouldn't need to work out whether they were posh. There's an awful lot of posters claiming to have been privately educated and have RP accents. Bless them. Showing off is never classy.
I can’t be bothered to read their boring life stories which ends in them claiming to be posher than Wills and Kate.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
These posh women are probably the same ones who salivate over the local builder/gardener/bricklayer, and write reams of self-indulgent twaddle about limerance.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Did anyone see someone starting a thread saying they missed Bluntness and then someone came on called Bluntness101 pretending to be Bluntness?
i bloody dislike her, I literally ignore her if she ever comments anything to me (not that I post these days!) shes who I meant earlier, commenting on police bail when she knows NAFF ALL about it. She honestly gives me the rage and posters constantly quote her for some reason!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
These posh women are probably the same ones who salivate over the local builder/gardener/bricklayer, and write reams of self-indulgent twaddle about limerance.
They all just want a bit of rough when it comes down to it.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
But heaven forbid one of the tradesmen they employ goes and takes a dump in the ensuite.
There was a thread before Christmas about offering tea and coffee to tradesmen. Now thats just basic common decency to me, but the amount of posters who were horrified at the thought of offering ‘the help’ a brew was shocking. Apparently they should bring their own in a flask (most do), but it’s still good manners to offer them a drink in my opinion. Then they all wonder why they get such bad service from tradesmen, Well maybe because you so obviously look down on them and see them as beneath you?

For all their wokedom, they are all mostly a bunch of stuck up middle class Hyacinth Buckets.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
There was a thread before Christmas about offering tea and coffee to tradesmen. Now thats just basic common decency to me, but the amount of posters who were horrified at the thought of offering ‘the help’ a brew was shocking. Apparently they should bring their own in a flask (most do), but it’s still good manners to offer them a drink in my opinion. Then they all wonder why they get such bad service from tradesmen, Well maybe because you so obviously look down on them and see them as beneath you?

For all their wokedom, they are all mostly a bunch of stuck up middle class Hyacinth Buckets.
agree. I’ve had builders at my house from aug to jan doing my extension. We did brews for them everyday and some times got boxes of biscuits. I think it’s polite and to be honest I’m happy to do it, as I want them to do a good job so worth keeping them happy!
They told us some clients treat them awfully, speaking down and not offering a drink ever. I mean it’s just basic manners to offer isn’t it. Or even just put a kettle and cups out.

Reactions: 8
i bloody dislike her, I literally ignore her if she ever comments anything to me (not that I post these days!) shes who I meant earlier, commenting on police bail when she knows NAFF ALL about it. She honestly gives me the rage and posters constantly quote her for some reason!
She is so nasty. She actually puts some real effort into being as vile as possible and it's so transparent. Her posts are bleeping violent.

Reactions: 4
There was a thread about en suites where someone described having a poo in one as the same as doing a dump in the corner of your living room. Mnetters never poo obviously

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Then I’ve seen posts where they insist on making the tradesmen a full on lunch, making the people who do tea/coffee and biscuits feel inadequate. I do add cans fizzy pop to what I offer tradesmen, and always give delivery me (of heavy goods) a can of cold fizzy pop from the fridge.

The last guy who did building work on my house was so cute, I’d have been offering him something more than tea if I wasn’t happily married 💋

Now that would be a good thread!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
A couple of years ago we were having the bathroom tiled by a guy my friend had recommended that had done some work for her.
It turned out that the tiler and I had gone to school together (same year) but we didn't know each other at the time because the school was separate boys and girls.
So obviously we got chatting and I dug out some old school photos (leavers ball etc) and sure enough there we both were.
It was a fiddly job (lots of awkward corners and things to try and tile around) which would have meant a second day, but he said he'd stay late and finish it. Obviously we really appreciated this so when I was cooking dinner for myself and my husband I cooked a dinner for the tiler too. I mean, it wouldn't have occurred to me NOT to, if I'm honest. He was grateful. Said he wouldn't have to go cooking for himself when he got home.
We added each other on Facebook and we had a few mutual friends.

About a month later he was doing a small job in my SIL's house. I'd warned him about her in advance. She stood behind him supervising him while he was working, told him under no circumstances would she allow any 'tradesmen' to use her toilet. He ended up having to pop into the local pub (the only one in the small village where she lives) and ask if he could use theirs,

I had to laugh though when he said to me forget about dinner, she literally didn't even make him a cup of tea!

She's a snobby cow at the best of times, so I wasn't even surprised when he told me, but there's just no need to be that rude and disrespectful towards anyone.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
i don’t understand anyone not allowing workmen (or women) to use their toilets, or not making them a cup of tea! I’ve never made any of them a meal though, but saying that I did make our plasterer a bacon butty because I could see he was trying to catch up on his work by missing lunch. I normally make them the first one or when I’m making myself one and say to help themselves as they go along.

Reactions: 9
I was just on mumsnet reading the Sarah Everard thread (seriously cannot stop following this and I hope she’s found today 🤞🏻🤞🏻)

Anyway, can someone explain why - in the middle of an active thread of people talking- users post “bump” “bumping to keep this active” it is active, you nutter, people are actively using the thread 😳🤷🏻‍♀️

Never used MN before but duck me, bump bump bump, that’s annoying.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The speculation on that thread is disgusting, but then it always is on missing person and murder threads.

Reactions: 2
The speculation on that thread is disgusting, but then it always is on missing person and murder threads.
Yep. I read a page or two and was like “nope, these folks aren’t my people”

disgraceful.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.