Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree, the whole "bump!" is seriously annoying

There was a thread about en suites where someone described having a poo in one as the same as doing a dump in the corner of your living room. Mnetters never poo obviously
They are certainly obsessed with talking about poo ...

Reactions: 1
i don’t understand anyone not allowing workmen (or women) to use their toilets, or not making them a cup of tea! I’ve never made any of them a meal though, but saying that I did make our plasterer a bacon butty because I could see he was trying to catch up on his work by missing lunch. I normally make them the first one or when I’m making myself one and say to help themselves as they go along.
My mum is like this. She’ll make tea and offer biscuits, or food etc but she hates it when workmen use the toilet. I don’t get it, really. I mean, what’d you want him to do, tit in the garden?

Mind you we did once have a tradesman who came in, mum said oh help yourself to the sweets and I literally watched him take the whole bowl of sweets, bowl and all. Just. Took it. Took it and left the house with it. I mean who leaves the house with SOMEONE ELSE’S BOWL. Never mind the sweets in it, that was a nice bowl as well. He said he wanted to give some sweets to his colleagues. Which was fine. Still didn’t need to take the bleeping bowl though 😆 Sat there in disbelief. One of those moments where you can’t say anything.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
There was a thread about en suites where someone described having a poo in one as the same as doing a dump in the corner of your living room. Mnetters never poo obviously
Or someone who has never stayed in a hotel room or lived in a house with the luxury of an ensuite bathroom.

On some property show though, I saw an 'open' ensuite, where the toilet, basin and bath were separated by a low wall and not boxed off completely. Now THAT would be like someone doing a dump in the corner. Also a swift way to remove any romance from the relationship :D

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Another Au Pair one!

What the hell do you expect when you employ a teenager with no proper childcare qualifications and pay her a skivvies wage? (They call it pocket money!) Just pay for a proper Nanny or put them in a nursery.

Reactions: 5
That thread is quite astonishing. The OP earns 50k but considers that a low salary. She has a property portfolio. She owns a flat in central London. But mummy and daddy are spending all their wealth on luxury holidays and it's not fair. They should give her more money, not waste it on having a good time. She sounds like a petulant child.
Oohh how dare they spend their hard earned savings enjoying their retirement, the bloody cheek of it.
I know a couple of people who know that everything will be left to them once their parents pop their cloggs and its actually quite upsetting to hear them speak like that.
Imagine going to the will reading..."And to Battersea Dogs Home I leave my entire estate. To my only daughter, I leave you my collection of antique China dolls." 🤣🤣

I would reply back..."never took a dump in my living room so can't relate."

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It’s Mother’s Day and of course over on Mumsnet we have the usual threads complaining about lack of effort from children and husbands or partners. Most of the time they have very unrealistic expectations of what to expect and sound so bleeping ungrateful. One poster is moaning that she only got a card and small potted plant from her toddler. I feel they’ve totally forgotten what Mothers Day is about, it’s a religious festival not Christmas mark 2. What do they want or expect?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
It’s Mother’s Day and of course over on Mumsnet we have the usual threads complaining about lack of effort from children and husbands or partners. Most of the time they have very unrealistic expectations of what to expect and sound so bleeping ungrateful. One poster is moaning that she only got a card and small potted plant from her toddler. I feel they’ve totally forgotten what Mothers Day is about, it’s a religious festival not Christmas mark 2. What do they want or expect?
Posters are making threads at 8am moaning about not having had messages or effort.

jesus let the country wake up and have their coffee first! 🙄

i blame social media as well, everyone constantly posting what they have got etc, will make others feel bad about perhaps a more modest effort. everything has to be done on a grand scale!

Reactions: 12
I’ve been reading some of the Mother’s Day posts over there this morning too. What gifts/over the top celebrations are they expecting??

I’ve been reading some of the Mother’s Day posts over there this morning too. What gifts/over the top celebrations are they expecting??
I just don’t know? My mum has always been happy with just a card and a box of chocolates or a bottle of wine. My grandmothers were exactly the same, though in their cases it would be flowers rather than wine because neither of them drank ! I think a lot of the posters there are very needy and high maintenance and must be hard work most of the time, expecting constant validation from their partners and children. You see similar threads about birthdays and wedding anniversaries. Unless it’s a big milestone it’s not a big deal IMO. Also we are in lockdown, we are not allowed to meet up outside the home and there is nowhere open to take these needy women and ‘spoil’ them anyway.

I love the ridiculous mother's day threads! I was actually looking forward to today so I could read them, haha. Can not get over how much some people get in a twist over their husband not doing enough for them or whatever. You aren't your husband's mother though, surely?!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Last year I got 2 bags of Maynard sports mix because they are my fave , I was grateful for them as the children know what I like .

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Posters are making threads at 8am moaning about not having had messages or effort.

jesus let the country wake up and have their coffee first! 🙄

i blame social media as well, everyone constantly posting what they have got etc, will make others feel bad about perhaps a more modest effort. everything has to be done on a grand scale!
One of my colleagues went on a massive rant last year about not having had a text from her 18 year old son yet. All posted (on Facebook) at 7:30am. Fair play I don’t have an 18 year old son, but I imagine most 18 year old lads (and girls) are still asleep at that time on a Sunday FFS.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
One of my colleagues went on a massive rant last year about not having had a text from her 18 year old son yet. All posted (on Facebook) at 7:30am. Fair play I don’t have an 18 year old son, but I imagine most 18 year old lads (and girls) are still asleep at that time on a Sunday FFS.
Bet she’s a mumsnetter 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
There's someone on my Facebook who has posted 6 separate photos of all the goodies her DH bought her for Mother's Day - flowers, chocolates, jewellery, clothes, cosmetics, a watch - all with love from their 17 week foetus. :D :D :D

Mumsnetters would be up in arms, either raging with jealousy or sneering at the expense.

I just hope her DH realises he has set the bar extremely high for all future mother's days. :)

I think it's really sweet.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Just read a thread saying where the OP didnt understand all the complaining, and that her dad didn't have to buy things for her mother

But she's not allowed an opinion as she's childless. Think people forget theres a difference between child free and childless.

Reactions: 4
My mum is like this. She’ll make tea and offer biscuits, or food etc but she hates it when workmen use the toilet. I don’t get it, really. I mean, what’d you want him to do, tit in the garden?

Mind you we did once have a tradesman who came in, mum said oh help yourself to the sweets and I literally watched him take the whole bowl of sweets, bowl and all. Just. Took it. Took it and left the house with it. I mean who leaves the house with SOMEONE ELSE’S BOWL. Never mind the sweets in it, that was a nice bowl as well. He said he wanted to give some sweets to his colleagues. Which was fine. Still didn’t need to take the bleeping bowl though 😆 Sat there in disbelief. One of those moments where you can’t say anything.
Well I’m sorry, but what can equally be applied here is: who watches someone and lets them leave their house WITH A BOWLFUL (plus bowl!) OF SWEETS WHEN THAT ISN’T WHAT YOU MEANT? That is Mumsnet-esque in itself 😂 In fact, it deserves a copied and pasted and (hopefully works) one of these:
BDED5533-00B3-4838-9329-B2783AF2E3E5.jpeg

😄

There's someone on my Facebook who has posted 6 separate photos of all the goodies her DH bought her for Mother's Day - flowers, chocolates, jewellery, clothes, cosmetics, a watch - all with love from their 17 week foetus. :D :D :D

Mumsnetters would be up in arms, either raging with jealousy or sneering at the expense.

I just hope her DH realises he has set the bar extremely high for all future mother's days. :)

I think it's really sweet.
Or, “he obviously has something to hide, OP”!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Or, “he obviously has something to hide, OP”!
Followed by calls to check his phone (wait til he's asleep then use his fingerprint to access it), put a tracker in his car and hire a private investigator. He's following the cheater's script, OP, he's probably got another family or at the very least another woman. Get your ducks in a row and hire a tit hot solicitor.

In fact the husband in this scenario is absolutely 100% over the moon that they are having a baby because they had already suffered a pregnancy loss, then he'd been through treatment for testicular cancer. The cancer is now in remission and he wants the whole world to know how much he loves his wife and cannot wait to be a dad.💖💝💞

• Heart
  • Haha
Followed by calls to check his phone (wait til he's asleep then use his fingerprint to access it), put a tracker in his car and hire a private investigator. He's following the cheater's script, OP, he's probably got another family or at the very least another woman. Get your ducks in a row and hire a tit hot solicitor.

In fact the husband in this scenario is absolutely 100% over the moon that they are having a baby because they had already suffered a pregnancy loss, then he'd been through treatment for testicular cancer. The cancer is now in remission and he wants the whole world to know how much he loves his wife and cannot wait to be a dad.💖💝💞
I can just imagine the Mumsnet response, they literally suck the joy out of everything

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.