Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if anyone’s already said but check out @mumsnet_madness on Twitter, absolute gold

Reactions: 3
I gave mumsnet £50 as I was worried about them closing down as so many use them for support. I had no idea just how much money they made because they run it like its a small cottage company or charity struggling to get by as it runs so badly and keeps getting hacked. Anyway I got baned last week for talking about meghan markle. I didn't say anything bad more that the language used was like finding freedom and I don't know what to believe. I thought there was a glitch with the site when I couldn't login, then no password reset was being sent and they've wiped my account without even an email after taking my £50. And mumsnet premium is a load of tosh, nothing premium about it. I wouldn't trust that site again.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I gave mumsnet £50 as I was worried about them closing down as so many use them for support. I had no idea just how much money they made because they run it like its a small cottage company or charity struggling to get by as it runs so badly and keeps getting hacked. Anyway I got baned last week for talking about meghan markle. I didn't say anything bad more that the language used was like finding freedom and I don't know what to believe. I thought there was a glitch with the site when I couldn't login, then no password reset was being sent and they've wiped my account without even an email after taking my £50. And mumsnet premium is a load of tosh, nothing premium about it. I wouldn't trust that site again.
Nothing but cunts, quite frankly.

Welcome, you’ll love it here.

Reactions: 8
I've never posted on Mumsnet but read several threads there in order to try and help me make a decision about whether to become a teacher. I have to say I wouldn't want to work at a school where a large number of students' parents would be on Mumsnet ... some of the posters sounded so demanding. Maybe it's a class thing (I remember one of them saying "ham has no place in a child's lunchbox because it's PROCESSED") but still

Reactions: 5
I agree. The teacher bashing on there is disgusting. If you’ve ever worked in a school of with kids in general you will know exactly the kind of parents they are, the ones who’s precious little shits darlings can never do any wrong and complain about the most ridiculous and petty things imaginable.

Oh and as a teaching assistant I would always choose to work in the schools in the rougher deprived areas than the those in the more affluent ‘posher‘ places. 99.9% of the time they are better behaved and have better manners. The parents don’t look at you like tit they’ve just trodden in either.

Reactions: 11
I was a lurker but I coudn't stand all that toe curling dh, dd, ds nonsense. Absolute cringeworthy. Someone once referred to her 'fd ' and someone asked her what fd meant. She said it meant favourite daughter and they all started having a pop at her. She came back with, 'but I thought all mums had a favourite 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sorry to hear that. I can’t remember if it was on here or on an old thread on mum’s chat that warned this would happen and the moderation basically said “yes, if you pay for premium and get banned, you will not get your money back”. I’ve been banned several times (but to be fair, I deserved it 😂😂)

And I don’t know if anyone has noticed, but has anyone else seen the poster who makes constant threads on there slagging off Tattle and asking things like “AIBU to think Tattle is mean and horrible to poor instagrammers and influencers”? Normally they get told they ABU but the same person (I think) started a recent one in Chat and got mostly sympathetic replies how this place is pure hell and spiteful 🤭🤣 I’ll grab the link, it will probably still be in my history...

...Oh ok, I can’t link to any MN threads, I just tried but they get auto blocked on here with a sassy message. 😂🤣 .

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Sorry to hear that. I can’t remember if it was on here or on an old thread on mum’s chat that warned this would happen and the moderation basically said “yes, if you pay for premium and get banned, you will not get your money back”. I’ve been banned several times (but to be fair, I deserved it 😂😂)

And I don’t know if anyone has noticed, but has anyone else seen the poster who makes constant threads on there slagging off Tattle and asking things like “AIBU to think Tattle is mean and horrible to poor instagrammers and influencers”? Normally they get told they ABU but the same person (I think) started a recent one in Chat and got mostly sympathetic replies how this place is pure hell and spiteful.
Unbelievable. I think threads about baby names on here is far more polite and lighthearted than the ones on mumsnet. Some of them are downright cruel about name choices.

Reactions: 4
Hygiene threads on mn always bring out the loons. God forbid you own a loo brush

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Anyone else get a begging email from Mumsnet on Christmas Eve? I wouldn't mind but they banned me after I posted wanted some help getting out of a toxic relationship! But still ask me for money?! duck right off! Their site provides little worth other than for people to be unpleasant to people and for trolls to post crap. Of all the businesses shouldn't a website be doing well in covid 19?! I hope they go bankrupt.

Attachments

• Wow
Anyone else get a begging email from Mumsnet on Christmas Eve? I wouldn't mind but they banned me after I posted wanted some help getting out of a toxic relationship! But still ask me for money?! duck right off! Their site provides little worth other than for people to be unpleasant to people and for trolls to post crap. Of all the businesses shouldn't a website be doing well in covid 19?! I hope they go bankrupt.
Yes I did. I hit unsubscribe!

Still, it shows that even after they delete your account they keep your personal details you signed up with (is that even allowed?)

Reactions: 2
Meanwhile the woman who founded it lives in a 2 million pound house with her odious husband ian katz who is head of C4 programming. He used to be editor of the toxic guardian so that says it all really.

Reactions: 5
I used to tangentially know the co-founder, Carrie Longton (we’re from the same place) and know people still in contact with her. The rumour was always that she’d done the lions share of the work but Justine wanted the credit and the limelight.

i suspect in recent years with all the scandals, Carrie is probably quite happy about that!

Reactions: 6
Women that haven't been with their men for 45 years and saved 32k before making the choice to have a baby

Stoners

Anyone that games

Anyone that dares sit in their garden and speak above a whisper beyond 5pm
So true! I once posted about having been with my partner / lived with them for a couple of years, and got absolutely slated, ridiculous! Never posted again but lurked for many years. Now I prefer a good book or to come on here 😂

Reactions: 1
Justine and Mumsnet sure do have some cheek making so much money for years and still shamelessly begging.

Ad rates and marketing budgets fell quickly in march but then by April had recovered so they've no doubt made a good profit this year.

Mumsnet have had hundreds of thousands of pounds from tax payers for furloughing their inefficient online company that didn't warrant it and had cash donations from people that were taken in by the manipulative begging.

That site is so full of total bs, I'm not sure if it's employees doing it to whip up attention or if they encourage it for the traffic and don't delete stuff they know is fake from multiple account people. Either way the end result is the same and makes the company look shady.

Reactions: 7
Justine and Mumsnet sure do have some cheek making so much money for years and still shamelessly begging.

Ad rates and marketing budgets fell quickly in march but then by April had recovered so they've no doubt made a good profit this year.

Mumsnet have had hundreds of thousands of pounds from tax payers for furloughing their inefficient online company that didn't warrant it and had cash donations from people that were taken in by the manipulative begging.

That site is so full of total bs, I'm not sure if it's employees doing it to whip up attention or if they encourage it for the traffic and don't delete stuff they know is fake from multiple account people. Either way the end result is the same and makes the company look shady.
I think they either invite or turn a blind eye to journalists posting for articles too.

Whoops! People aren’t happy with that email.

MichaelMumsnet: Sorry for sending you an email to an email address that we shouldn’t have on record for you. Please send us an email from the email address we shouldn’t have on record for you so we can look into it.

EDIT: Keep forgetting about not posting the links here 😂 it’s in Site Stuff, anyway

• Haha
Whoops! People aren’t happy with that email.

MichaelMumsnet: Sorry for sending you an email to an email address that we shouldn’t have on record for you. Please send us an email from the email address we shouldn’t have on record for you so we can look into it.

EDIT: Keep forgetting about not posting the links here 😂 it’s in Site Stuff, anyway
Mumsnet really don’t seem to understand GDPR, do they 🤣

Looks like they "accidentally" sent out their spammy begging Christmas Eve email to every single email address they have 😵 so millions?

Apparently it's been fixed, err that's not how emails work. All that spam has gone out and can't just be fixed like that 😆 their internal processes are always a tit show. Micheal again said on the 26th don't worry its all been fixed now 🙄. People claim it's been sent out to email addresses that were supposed to have been wiped years ago and removed from their database.

IMG_20201228_212953.jpg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.