Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They can be really judgmental on there when it comes to the topic of childcare, to send or not send kid to nursery/pre-school/how many hours etc :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2
You should have seen the replies when I mentioned my 7 year old had asked for jam sandwiches for packed lunch and I made them (her pal had them the day before, mother a teacher). I think if they knew my address I’d have had social services at my door. It happened twice in seven years and my daughter has so far not suffered.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
You should have seen the replies when I mentioned my 7 year old had asked for jam sandwiches for packed lunch and I made them (her pal had them the day before, mother a teacher). I think if they knew my address I’d have had social services at my door. It happened twice in seven years and my daughter has so far not suffered.
I was accused of child abuse for saying I let my then 8 year old watch the later Harry Potter movies 🤷‍♀️ apparently he would be scarred for life... he’s almost 10 now and so far hasn’t tried to kill anyone with magic.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
People who have the audacity to rent, earn minimum wage, not go to university, have a child in their teens - all are castigated by the mafiosi on there
God yeah, it's a ridiculously privileged bunch of people. Or they pretend to be. I think my favourite recent thread was the one about whether being on 60k made you 'well off.' A surprising number of posters were actually insisting that they were poor because they didn't have that much disposable income after paying for school fees and their ÂŁ2000 mortgage payments, I kid you not.
I've flounced plenty of times, I always seem to manage to post something completely innocuous about family meals or something and then get singled out by some weird member who just goes on and on about how I'm messing my child up somehow. It's completely crazy over there at the moment so I would avoid. Pure hysteria and they're all just winding each other up and up and up!

Reactions: 4
I am studiously ignoring the covid section. It's full of people who can't or won't cope with it.

Reactions: 5
I once got accused of being a troll because I mentioned bus fare for a child. I had one “Royalty” member insisting at me that kids are free on buses all over England followed by a load of her friends jumping in to insist the same and that kids oysters are free - they may well be, but you can’t use an oyster in Lancashire and they charge for 7 year olds on the bus here. Definitely my weirdest personal experience.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Its very London centric, Apparently one time a poster who lived in rural Yorkshire was struggling to get into work and someone asked her why she didn’t just use the tube. I don’t think it’s goes that far North does it?🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Ha ha! Yes, and on every thread about snoring husbands the majority of posters say 'can't you just sleep in the spare room?' What effing spare room?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Its very London centric, Apparently one time a poster who lived in rural Yorkshire was struggling to get into work and someone asked her why she didn’t just use the tube. I don’t think it’s goes that far North does it?🙄
I think it was quite london centric in the early days but I read recently they have over 100 million members now.

Reactions: 2
Ha ha! Yes, and on every thread about snoring husbands the majority of posters say 'can't you just sleep in the spare room?' What effing spare room?
Yes, and so many of them have Au Pairs! I don’t know anyone in real life who has one. ‘AIBU my Au Pair made a mess in my kitchen and didn’t clean up’. Well how about you employ a proper Nanny with proper child care qualifications and not a teenager little older than the kids she’s looking after? Oh but then that you’d have to pay them the living wage wouldn’t you and give them ‘pocket money’.

Reactions: 9
I'm always utterly shocked and appalled at how vicious they all are on there. I've rarely seen a more toxic platform.

What's wrong with them? I don't get why anyone would want to spent their time being so horrible every day, or why they sit and take it from each other either.

Stopping mumsnet was one of the most liberating things I did. It’s a magnet for bullying and bullshitters. It’s made up of trolls and idiots who twist the words of someone desperate asking for help then stick the knife in. I feel bad for anyone deluded enough to think they’re in some kind of support network for mums.

The “MN royalty” posters are bitter, twisted and have too much time on their hands going by their presence on every thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think it was quite london centric in the early days but I read recently they have over 100 million members now.
I think it still can be, but a couple of the main “It’s done this way in London thus it is everywhere else too” royalty left and WorraLiberty, who used to be quite bad for it, has learnt that other places do things differently so you stand a much better chance of getting the thread started constructively rather than the London lot coming on to hijack it.

The same with school holidays being different in different countries, posters from Scotland used to constantly be called trolls at the point the holidays don’t match with England, but recently it seems to have sunk in different places do things differently.

Reactions: 3
There’s a poster called ‘WorraLiberty’ who is one of the rudest people I’ve ever encountered anywhere on the internet, and yet because she’s part of the ’royalty’ everyone thinks she’s wonderful” because she ‘tells it like it is’. No, she’s a bleeping rude witch who has been really unpleasant to lots of people who were just asking for advice. If you dare call her out on it though you will be on the receiving end of a pile on from other royalty members for daring to stand up to her.

Reactions: 9
It annoys me how cliquey it is too. All this
“Oh hi boden_dress67!”
“Hiiii *waves*”
Total derailing of the thread for people to show off how much they use the site

Reactions: 8
Another thing is whenever someone asks where they can buy nice clothes from them and they always say Mint Velvet. Have you seen the prices at Mint Velvet?! It’s £60,00 for a basic top or shirt!

• Haha
Mn is also deleting threads on a random basis but also seems abit of censorship of dissenting views re covid going on .There was a thread asking nurses their current experiences of admissions etc, and most were saying things were busy..but I think a few sceptics were on it too..looked for it this morning and it had gone . Im not a sceptic but wanted to post about a woman on fb going round hospitals on the south coast filming empty wards and waiting rooms...just wanted refutations if possible but now no chance of open discussion .

Another thing is whenever someone asks where they can buy nice clothes from them and they always say Mint Velvet. Have you seen the prices at Mint Velvet?! It’s £60,00 for a basic top or shirt!
Mint Velvet, Toast, Boden. The answer to “What basics do I need?” is always a Breton top :rolleyes:

• Haha
Once I expressed surprise that someone owned a £3k sofa but didn’t have any sort of kitchen or dining room table or breakfast bar to eat meals off and had a million people scream at me for being privileged and not knowing how poorer people live..

Honestly the people on there must wake up every morning with a stretching routine, otherwise how do they manage this sort of reeeeeeeeeeach 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.