Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everything is over exaggerated on MM. so many posters are furious and shaking with rage over any minor thing, I don’t know how they get through the day.
Totally. I once Googled something about smoking weed. I smoke weed before bed in the back garden. I will only do this on cold / rainy nights when I know all my neighbours windows are shut and past midnight. I’m a terrible sleeper and it’s the only thing that helps. I do often wonder though if my neighbours are upset about smell etc although we all have great relationships and I would like to think they would approach me if they had a problem. Anyway. I was Googling one day about neighbours smoking weed outside. Just to see the lay of the land, if people generally are annoyed but stay silent. I found a Mumsnet thread asking basically would you mind if your neighbour smoked weed in the back garden once an evening after dark. JESUS bleeping CHRIST THE RESPONSES. Now, not liking the smell, worried about children smelling it - all valid concerns. However these people went in on this woman (it was about her husband). I would be disgusted to live beside the local druggy. I would phone social work. Once a night is an addiction and he needs rehab. I would contact their child’s school. You are pathetic and talking like an addict yourself. He’s going to end up in a mental institution. You don’t deserve children. Leave him now before it escalates to stronger drugs. Leave him now because he’s a vegetable who will turn violent. Mind totally blown.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I want to know who this is!! I dib into MN every now and then but tbh it’s full of sanctimonious twats who are all holier then thou.
Me too 🤣 The only names I still recognise these days are AnyFucker and Soupdragon. Was it either of them? Oh and Bluntness (who’s an absolute c*nt) but I don’t think she was around in the early days.

Reactions: 3
WorraLiberty is another one. Nasty fucker.

They are all so middle class and privileged.In real life I don’t know anyone with a cleaner or who shops Waitrose or who sends their kids to bleeping prep school. It’s another world that I don’t live in.

Reactions: 9

They are all so middle class and privileged.In real life I don’t know anyone with a cleaner or who shops Waitrose or who sends their kids to bleeping prep school. It’s another world that I don’t live in.
Yeah, there’s a thread on there at the minute that’s something like ‘is a combined income of £60,000 enough to live on?’ and there are loads of posters aghast at how they couldn’t manage on such a low wage 🙄 Obviously, people can pretend to be something they’re not on an anonymous forum but everyone on MN either seems to earn £250,000 a year and are still struggling to make ends meet or they live on the bones of their arse claiming 5p a week on benefits. There’s no in between.

• Haha
Not a Mumsnet user but I have been known to browse... a weird thing I notice is that Mumsnet users are convinced they’re really powerful and start all these trends?

The “Mumsnet scarf” is one... I mean, isn’t it just a leopard scarf? I had one years ago, well before I ever heard it was related to Mumsnet!

The “Mumsnet haircut”. Erm, people have been cutting their own hair like that FOREVER.

“Peter Andre loves his kids” is another. Yeah, that’s a joke that has gone around for years on many social media platforms and forums, especially Digital Spy. Someone said it on Gogglebox and all the Mumsnetters were convinced they’re secretly on there?

They also all seem to be convinced that multiple very famous women are secretly Mumsnetters. Yeah sure hun, Kate Middleton is definitely posting for advice about getting the kids to go to bed on time!

They always believr they affect huge change, like boycotting a company will have a HUGE impact and cause them to go under. It’s bizarre. I’ve never seen it on any other forum.

Got to disagree mostly on the feminism boards though - those beliefs about sex work are part of radical feminism, the wave of feminism that addresses the root cause of women’s oppression - biology. I think some of the lib fem arguments for sex work are very weak, playing into capitalism and masking women’s oppression under the guise of choice. That’s just my personal opinion.

I do think Mumsnet is very racist, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

I bet they aren’t middle class at all. They just pretend they are.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Such a weird flex. Pretending to be middle class would just make me feel even worse about the fact I've got duck all?? 😂

• Haha
The transphobia on there is so shocking as well. They can hide it all they like, but it’s obvious that because they hate men so much they assume that because trans women used to be men they are all out to rape and murder us.

Things they hate on Mumsnet

Men
Trans people
Teachers

Anything else?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
The transphobia on there is so shocking as well. They can hide it all they like, but it’s obvious that because they hate men so much they assume that because trans women used to be men they are all out to rape and murder us.

Men
Trans people
Teachers

Anything else?
Women that haven't been with their men for 45 years and saved 32k before making the choice to have a baby

Stoners

Anyone that games

Anyone that dares sit in their garden and speak above a whisper beyond 5pm

• Haha
I don't know the person who took against me is still on MN, it's probably beneath her now. She occasionally gets retweeted into my twitter timeline and is still an absolute hole. Imagine spending pretty much your entire adult life showing everyone what an awful person you are via social media.

Reactions: 4
I don't know the person who took against me is still on MN, it's probably beneath her now. She occasionally gets retweeted into my twitter timeline and is still an absolute hole. Imagine spending pretty much your entire adult life showing everyone what an awful person you are via social media.
Ooh who? I was on there for years , I remember all the old Mumsnet Royalty 🧐

Ooh who? I was on there for years , I remember all the old Mumsnet Royalty 🧐

I wouldn't like to say but sometimes her work-related tweets get into my timeline and I wonder how thick you have to be to post stuff like that in a public forum. Only takes one complaint or a colleague who's not keen on you to notice. I should mute or block really, but happily I don't have any hard feelings towards her now, I'm just glad I'm not like her.

Men
Trans people
Teachers

Anything else?
I was on Babycentre but it was the same there lol i think they hate their own lives tbh.

Yeah, there’s a thread on there at the minute that’s something like ‘is a combined income of £60,000 enough to live on?’ and there are loads of posters aghast at how they couldn’t manage on such a low wage 🙄 Obviously, people can pretend to be something they’re not on an anonymous forum but everyone on MN either seems to earn £250,000 a year and are still struggling to make ends meet or they live on the bones of their arse claiming 5p a week on benefits. There’s no in between.
well 60k combined in London really isn’t much.
In the company I work for starting salaries for junior roles are no more than 25/30k and believe me after rent there is not much to spare.

I’ve only ever been on mumnset after hours of late night googling led me to things like ‘could I be pregnant’ and read peoples pregnancy symptoms as vague as mine (only ever had scares, never actually been pregnant haha) but I’d be fascinated to know the psychology of sites like that and this one! Like WHY people especially women use them, the things discussed etc, I think it’s fascinating 😅

I’ve only ever been on mumnset after hours of late night googling led me to things like ‘could I be pregnant’ and read peoples pregnancy symptoms as vague as mine (only ever had scares, never actually been pregnant haha) but I’d be fascinated to know the psychology of sites like that and this one! Like WHY people especially women use them, the things discussed etc, I think it’s fascinating 😅
I used it furiously for about 2 weeks when I had bleeding in pregnancy and hospital wouldn’t see me due to lockdown (ended in m/c)
I found the pregnancy forums fairly nice and supportive but some of the other forums people are totally vicious!! I can be blunt and have to check myself sometimes but these people have no debate or conversation, just replying with things like “get over it”. Oh and every thread about marital issues culminated in dozens of people saying he’s having an affair 😂

• Sad
Oh yes. ‘My DH has been really distant with me lately‘ there follows lots of responses saying he must be having an affair. It’s always the way there. Though quite frankly it’s not hard to see why their husbands and partners cheat on them if them if they are like that in real life is it?

Reactions: 2
It does make me sad sometimes to see threads like that, when they say like they’re at home with 3 young children and DH is being a twit like it must be lonely and it makes me sad they go through pregnancies and pain and childbirth for men who just treat them like tit!

What of the ones that say don’t take digs of the kids and you must keep them for however long it take them to move out

Aye right delusional much.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I once posted on there about dv
it had just happened and I was in shock-I’d ran to my mates house so was safe but felt I needed some support
some posters where lovely-some where just foul
i went to bed (on her sofa) and when I woke up not only had every single word I’d ever written had been deleted but I was banned!
no email,no warning,nothing
i sent a crappy email-never answered
i sent one via Facebook-deleted
duck em-I hope they sink without trace-I came over here after ptwm had her snotty meltdown and never left

i love it over here-if someone doesn’t agree with you,we seem to agree to disagree and move on

I wish I’d known about here that night-would have saved a lot of tears

• Heart
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.