Mumsnet #7 Tinkly little laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
MN would clutch their pearls at me, I answered the door at after 12am last night. Turned out to be a slightly drunk lady, perfectly polite, who saw the light on and couldn't quite find her road šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 20
MN would clutch their pearls at me, I answered the door at after 12am last night. Turned out to be a slightly drunk lady, perfectly polite, who saw the light on and couldn't quite find her road šŸ¤£
Iā€™ve bricked up my doors and windows to limit interactions with others. I have a specific email address for people to email me on which I only have signed in on a specific laptop to limit the violence of receiving emails people commit against me and I donā€™t put my SIM card in my phone so they canā€™t call me.

The only downside is that now no one can see just how skinny I am.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I remember once when I was a student I got so drunk I couldn't remember where I lived. Quite a dangerous situation really and it's good the bloke I was with managed to call my friend to find out where I lived and take me back

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I remember once when I was a student I got so drunk I couldn't remember where I lived. Quite a dangerous situation really and it's good the bloke I was with managed to call my friend to find out where I lived and take me back
I was sitting in my folks conservatory one Saturday evening watching xfactor or whatever it was with my dad, brother and sister in law. My other brother came in through the conservatory, walked through the house and out the front door. Woke up in his own house with absolutely no idea heā€™d been there.šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I got lost at a festival once and couldn't find my tent after going to the loo. Some very kind older ladies rang my friends, and following their directions, took me all the way back - I'd gone in completely the wrong direction after exiting the toilet. So if any of those ladies are reading, THANK YOU! If not for you, I would still be walking in drunken circles, crying. :D :D

• Heart
Reactions: 16
To be fair I think it depends where you live, I sure as hell wouldnā€™t answer the door after 12 at night.

To be fair I think it depends where you live, I sure as hell wouldnā€™t answer the door after 12 at night.
You can never guarantee 100% but it's a quiet residential area with no pubs and I could hear next door were up.

It was partially curiosity that made me answer, then she asked me where her road was, and I asked if she had been out on the town, and she said yes. So I directed her and she asked my name and told me hers.

It's your own call though, definitely not if you don't feel comfortable!

I did wonder if she felt embarrassed this morning about knocking on stranger's door but hope she got home ok

I'd already had the Jehovah's witnesses turn up in the afternoon anyway. I thought "who is it next"

Anyway this was about MN paranoia about answering the door, anyway :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Anyone seen the thread of the OP in her 20ā€™s living with her mother? Her mums asked her to be out of the house for 7 hours whilst her partner of 5 years comes over for date night because the OP has never met him and her mum isnā€™t comfortable with them meeting yet.

Itā€™s the weirdest set up Iā€™ve ever read and some posters are telling the OP since itā€™s not her house she should allow her mum privacy and go out for the day grab a McDonaldā€™s and a flask and sit by the beach. For 7 HOURS!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Anyway this was about MN paranoia about answering the door, anyway
I once posted on MN about someone knocking on my door asking if any deaf people lived in the house or if there were any living on the street. I was wondering if it was some sort of scam or religion or something because it was just so odd and all the replies were along the lines of ā€˜donā€™t answer the door if youā€™re scaredā€™ or ā€˜I donā€™t answer the door unless I know who it is, have had email confirmation 3 weeks in advance giving an exact time of arrival and I need to see 4 different forms of ID even if itā€™s familyā€™.

Theyā€™re all bleeping nuts.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I once posted on MN about someone knocking on my door asking if any deaf people lived in the house or if there were any living on the street. I was wondering if it was some sort of scam or religion or something because it was just so odd and all the replies were along the lines of ā€˜donā€™t answer the door if youā€™re scaredā€™ or ā€˜I donā€™t answer the door unless I know who it is, have had email confirmation 3 weeks in advance giving an exact time of arrival and I need to see 4 different forms of ID even if itā€™s familyā€™.

Theyā€™re all bleeping nuts.
Did anything come of the deaf person? Iā€™m intrigued, how odd.

Reactions: 6
Did anything come of the deaf person? Iā€™m intrigued, how odd.
It was a couple of quite polite people, smartly dressed. I thought they were Witnesses to begin with. But there arenā€™t any deaf people in my family or on the street, as far as Iā€™m aware. I tried to work out how it could have been some sort of scam, but I couldnā€™t come up with anything šŸ˜† They werenā€™t selling anything and when I said no, they just walked off. It was totally weird, but it still hasnā€™t put me off answering the door when someone I donā€™t know knocks.

• Haha
I always answer the door, regardless of the time. I would be concerned it was someone in distress or ill who needed help, if it was after midnight. Iā€™m assuming a burglar wouldnā€™t bother knocking?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Anyone seen the thread of the OP in her 20ā€™s living with her mother? Her mums asked her to be out of the house for 7 hours whilst her partner of 5 years comes over for date night because the OP has never met him and her mum isnā€™t comfortable with them meeting yet.

Itā€™s the weirdest set up Iā€™ve ever read and some posters are telling the OP since itā€™s not her house she should allow her mum privacy and go out for the day grab a McDonaldā€™s and a flask and sit by the beach. For 7 HOURS!
That one has to be fake surely?! Itā€™s a strange set up. The mum spends Christmas with the man as well and leaves the OP on her own??

Also I wouldnā€™t answer the door after midnight either, but I live city centre on my own.

Reactions: 7
I bet loads of Mumsnetters read here and donā€™t get why their posts are a problem šŸ˜† can see the veins popping with ā€œDo they mean to be so rudeā€?
Guys none of you are even upper middle class and your kids are mediocre brats šŸ˜‚ šŸ‘¶

Yeh babes most of us just have bowls of grated Parmesan lying around, mine would always be fresh ;) šŸ§€

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I bet loads of Mumsnetters read here and donā€™t get why their posts are a problem šŸ˜† can see the veins popping with ā€œDo they mean to be so rudeā€?
Guys none of you are even upper middle class and your kids are mediocre brats šŸ˜‚ šŸ‘¶

Yeh babes most of us just have bowls of grated Parmesan lying around, mine would always be fresh ;) šŸ§€
Parmesan? I canā€™t believe theyā€™ve let a fatty comment on there without ripping her apart.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.