Mumsnet #7 Tinkly little laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Couldn’t even manage one sweet! 😂 Classic mumsnet sanctimonious eating.

I absolutely love this thread by the way. So nice to see it’s not just me rolling my eyes (but also unable to look away).
Well I hope she is getting her ducks in a row and getting ready to LTB. She cant be expected to remain married to man who ate sweets.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

I absolutely love this thread by the way. So nice to see it’s not just me rolling my eyes (but also unable to look away).
I'm not ashamed to say I'd give it a good go.

My ex sister in law once couldn't finish a small pack of Maltesers or a Mars bar in one go and would stretch them. I can do a grab bag in one film. People get all worked up that it's not healthy but in relation to the rest of my diet and exercise and lifestyle,nits perfectly acceptable and ok

Reactions: 17
Jelly sweets make me feel nauseous, especially green ones. Turkish Delight is ok though and actual jelly. Those cherry Haribo are minging.

Green jelly babies are the devil’s snot.

I could eat my own body weight in chocolate, ice cream or crisps though.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

These poor blokes really can’t have anything can they 😂

I don’t like the fizzy ones because they make my teeth furry but I could absolutely smash a whole tub of normal haribo in one go

Reactions: 8

Poor man. He ate some leftover Haribou and his wife has started a thread to mock him. Nice woman.

Reactions: 15
What is it with the competitive eating, what do they get out of this? I notice it with many influencers as well, either boasting about the massive salads or the minimal amount of a bleeping gummy bear they manage to heat before being absolutely filled to the brim.
I don't know anybody in real life who would go on and on about that? Sure, I myself don't like jelly sweets myself that much, but give me crisps or a croissant or chocolate and you better bet I eat it. And they even do the same about the eating habits of their strapping sons and birdlike daughters. Are they projecting some sort of eating disorder on them? That would actually be pretty nasty for the kids.

Reactions: 4
No it was some twit called PigletsChewedEar.

Do people really think that £80k per year salary isn't good money?
Perhaps it's just me, but in my friendship group, the highest earner is on half that amount. We're all in our 30's and 40's.
Then again, none of us have cleaners, gardeners or nannies, none of us live in West London, none of us have children at private school and none of us wear clothes from Boden, Seasalt, Hush and Toast, therefore we are not middle-class either.

The only person I know in real life who brags about being a high earner is an insufferable prick, and even he only lives in a 4 bed new build. He does have an Apple Watch though which he reliably informed me, cost nearly a grand. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
But any of us can go on there and make up tit like that. 😁

I would bet my many mansions and my sixty six figure salary 😉 that the vast majority on there are making stuff up as they go along.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Anyone seen the post where the woman has won £1mil and is asking if she should give her ex 10k (she is remarried)

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Anyone seen the post where the woman has won £1mil and is asking if she should give her ex 10k (she is remarried)
I'm just currently reading this. Can't figure out if it's real or not. I'm definitely on the side where she shouldn't give ex the money.

Reactions: 2

She ate one whole sweet! Wow, what a fat cow. A jelly baby lasts me a week. No wonder there’s an obesity crisis.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Omg that thread is hysterical 🤣 she sounds nuts! Would love to hear their side of the story.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.