Mumsnet #7 Tinkly little laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i also love how the usually the owner of the ugliest ones say how cheap their ring was and it doesn’t matter because its about what it symbolises, obviously you have to say that cause your ring is tit.

also for a bunch of people obsessed with looking ‘groomed and polished like the french’ who constantly shell out the clean short clear varnish rule, there are ALOT of tacky acrylic talons on these threads.
I’d rather not have a ring than have the archeological nightmare someone has managed to dig up and photograph that was shared here earlier. It’s not the cost that matters but if my boyfriend proposed with that I’d call the police because it looks like a serial killer has exhumed one of his victims to get that ring to propose like some kind of twisted criminal minds episode killer so he can see the trophy every day.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I said to my husband the bigger the better. Don’t think I’d love something dainty because I won’t. The diamonds are so large on my eternity ring I actually got a shock when I opened the box the first time I saw it 🤣

My work colleague said to her man if the ring wasn’t going to weigh her finger down, not to bother buying it!

duck that guff about the thought behind it unless the thought behind it is “she’s wonderful, I think I’ll go large to show I care” 🤣

That shipwreck ring looks as if it could cause an infection.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
i can’t tell if you’re joking or not 😳 even if that was the true story, surely you’d still clean the fecker though? ‘No, I wanted to keep all the mud and dirt and innards of the cockroaches that died underneath it to keep it authentic’ #makingmemories
I was joking! I definitely don’t think the newspaper woman was posting on mumsnet and I’m 100% sure the newspaper woman has had the ring cleaned 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
There has been some absolutely epic pta drama at my kids school recently and it could make such an interesting and lively post over there along the lines of "share your pta drama stories" BUT I just can't be bothered because we all know it would somehow devolve into complete bullshit along the lines of "well just be glad you even have a pta, we can't because they all died and now no one will do it" or "cripes! Thank goodness our pta only lets in parents with 6 figure salaries so we never have to deal with such shenanigans. Have you tried moving to a middle class area to avoid such horseplay?"... etc Your loss Mumsnet, your loss

• Haha
Reactions: 19
There has been some absolutely epic pta drama at my kids school recently and it could make such an interesting and lively post over there along the lines of "share your pta drama stories" BUT I just can't be bothered because we all know it would somehow devolve into complete bullshit along the lines of "well just be glad you even have a pta, we can't because they all died and now no one will do it" or "cripes! Thank goodness our pta only lets in parents with 6 figure salaries so we never have to deal with such shenanigans. Have you tried moving to a middle class area to avoid such horseplay?"... etc Your loss Mumsnet, your loss
Start a thread about it on tattle and put the link to it in here so we can see the drama 😂

Reactions: 9
BIB - I'm cracking up 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Wasn’t there a lemon drizzle cake for a PTA sale Drama one time

Reactions: 3
I was thinking that myself. But anytime they’ve given a glimpse of themselves, they’re always much bigger than what they’d lead you to believe
Maybe the rings were bought when they were a size 4 and they have had too many big salads since then

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I was joking! I definitely don’t think the newspaper woman was posting on mumsnet and I’m 100% sure the newspaper woman has had the ring cleaned 😂
I thought that the archaeological ring wearer was taking the piss out of the rest of them TBH.

Half (at least) of them look like they came from Elizabeth Duke. I've never seen such a load of tack and acrylic talons.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I came across this thread earlier and read out of curiosity. I'd never been on Mumsnet before so decided to have a peek. I felt outraged at one AIBU thread where the OP's daughter asked if she could mind her grandkids ONCE a month and she was upset at the prospect and how rigid the arrangement was. The reason for asking was the daughter was doing a nursing course and she felt it would help her with studies. Add to the fact daughter lived 1.5 hours away, she wouldn't see her Grandkids much anyway! What a raging witch.

And all the posts here about making kids pay their way at 18, the are still children FGS. After my daughter finished Uni, I encouraged her to stay at home as long as possible to save. Her boyfriends parents were the same. I charged her very little rent - £15 which wouldn't have even covered her share of the bills, but we live comfortably so not an issue. The condition was that she save hard, which she did. Her and BF now have enough to buy a flat, which is hard where we live as South Manchester is expensive (Oop Norf, how dreadfully common!). They are only 23 - 24 next month.

They aren't buying now because of all the mortgage interest bollocks, but are going to rent for a while instead knowing that the money is there when the time is right.

Why the duck don't these middle class witches to the same? Surely any parent wants the best for their kids?

I fear I might end up lurking on there as much as I read here now. Thank you to this thread for enlightening me, I don't think I'll ever be bored again!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Wasn’t there a lemon drizzle cake for a PTA sale Drama one time
Yes there was. 😁

I came across this thread earlier and read out of curiosity. I'd never been on Mumsnet before so decided to have a peek. I felt outraged at one AIBU thread where the OP's daughter asked if she could mind her grandkids ONCE a month and she was upset at the prospect and how rigid the arrangement was. The reason for asking was the daughter was doing a nursing course and she felt it would help her with studies. Add to the fact daughter lived 1.5 hours away, she wouldn't see her Grandkids much anyway! What a raging witch.

And all the posts here about making kids pay their way at 18, the are still children FGS. After my daughter finished Uni, I encouraged her to stay at home as long as possible to save. Her boyfriends parents were the same. I charged her very little rent - £15 which wouldn't have even covered her share of the bills, but we live comfortably so not an issue. The condition was that she save hard, which she did. Her and BF now have enough to buy a flat, which is hard where we live as South Manchester is expensive (Oop Norf, how dreadfully common!). They are only 23 - 24 next month.

They aren't buying now because of all the mortgage interest bollocks, but are going to rent for a while instead knowing that the money is there when the time is right.

Why the duck don't these middle class witches to the same? Surely any parent wants the best for their kids?

I fear I might end up lurking on there as much as I read here now. Thank you to this thread for enlightening me, I don't think I'll ever be bored again!
Just be aware of your own sake that it's mostly trolls on Mumsnet who make stuff up as they go along. I don't know if there are any real threads there anymore.

Reactions: 6

Oh you will soon realise that most of MN outright hate pretty much all of their family, including their kids as soon as they reach 18. And if they don't hate them the resent them massively like their parents for daring to age, their kids for being well kids and FFS no husband may ever have a hobby especially if it involves bike.

Reactions: 7
duck me, seriously. To be fair, they are taking a bit of a roasting.

Capture.PNG

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Oh you will soon realise that most of MN outright hate pretty much all of their family, including their kids as soon as they reach 18. And if they don't hate them the resent them massively like their parents for daring to age, their kids for being well kids and FFS no husband may ever have a hobby especially if it involves bike.
Their morals and values are completely warped. If someone starts a thread about having any sort of argument or disagreement with a family member you’ll get swathes of posters telling the op to cut them off and go no contact! Obviously different if someone is abusive etc, but it’s almost always just normal conflicts that are part and parcel of being a family and could be resolved with you know, communication.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.