Mumsnet #6 Did you mean so be so rude?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry I’ve never ventured on this thread before but I did venture on mumsnet probably around 16/17 years ago when I was pregnant with my son.

To answer the thread topic question….. yes, they did mean to be so rude. They’re all cnuts.

Am not surprised to see nothings changed in all these years!

as you were 🫡

• Haha
Reactions: 15
A year ago I made the mistake having been there years of posting about a situation I’m in. I was torn to shreds. I even got accused by mods of lying. A friend I knew from there in real life posted defending me and it got really nasty. I posted on here about the same thing and people were lovely; I actually sat in tears as people were so nice here.

When they updated I couldn’t access anymore, mostly I PM.D with support anyway but had got to a point of ‘friends’ demanding why I’d not sorted my situation, being accused of constantly lying about how bad stuff was (as it was impossible I lived as rurally as I claimed/was so ill/lost benefits etc) and IF I ever REALLY had problems no one would give a tit - these were people I’d considered friends. I complained about the update meaning I couldn’t PST and trolled by the bloody mods too, being told it was time for a quick update, lying I didn’t need a new device.

In the end my actual friending there who was trolled for standing up for me texted to say it was time to let it go. They (the people I though were friends) were middle class morons who were actually bitching about me calling me a liar on a private fb group they set up.

I know people who were openly trolled for being disabled too.

I became unpopular when the founder posted asking people to sign up for premium ‘to keep the lights on’ and let them know how angry I was - I was without heating last winter and devastated it was being joked about. The post was pulled ‘for abuse’ even though I wasn’t abusive.

Ah. That feels better. Thanks for letting me vent!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Everyone on there is so doom mongering and pessimistic it’s just too depressing to read.

When covid was rife they were saying things like covid cases would never go down and we’d be in lockdown forever. Someone else was crying and shaking the other week in a food shop due to price increases. And someone on a clothing thread has said they don’t think most people will ever be able to afford new clothes again.

Just total scaremongering!

Reactions: 8
I got a ban during covid - as a shielder with no safe help (an abusive ex registered to volunteer and got my address) I was forced to breach it and was terrified. I was inundated with messages on thread (which was gone in an hour) and PMs saying people like me were the cause of covid; then I got an email from a nod telling me my account was suspended for ‘ignoring nhs advice and promoting others to do the same’

Actually no. I wanted to see if I was alone and how others in my situation managed (and there were a shocking numbers contacted women’s aid having been found via the scheme).

It’s an odd place. Aside from a blip a year ago I didn’t post about anything advice wise and only gave it via pm. I got a temporary ban for being mask exempt as well - mindfulness and CBT would have cured that supposedly (uh no it’s a physical issue that would land me in covid ridden hospital).

I was deeply embarrassed about thinking people were friends there and then finding out there was a secret fb group making fun of me, apparently I’m the kid that cry’s wolf and lives in a massive house because no one can only have one room (actually many can only afford a bedsit when alone and disabled).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Everyone on there is so doom mongering and pessimistic it’s just too depressing to read.

When covid was rife they were saying things like covid cases would never go down and we’d be in lockdown forever. Someone else was crying and shaking the other week in a food shop due to price increases. And someone on a clothing thread has said they don’t think most people will ever be able to afford new clothes again.

Just total scaremongering!
The part about the shopping thread reminded me of one I saw a little while ago basically a woman saying she can hardly afford to feed her family, how can she cut costs (when given ways to cut costs none of them were suitable 🙄). Someone asked what she buys so they can help and everything she listed was fresh/branded/out of season - smoked salmon, 4 types of berries, avocados, steak, joint of pork, a whole chicken etc for 2 adults and a baby and no idea how to save money…

It was similar to another thread where a woman had just started wearing her child so costs going up and needed to save money - again shopping for her, husband and weaning child. Again asked for what she buys and again numerous berries, pre cut melon/mango etc plus bread which is £3-4 from Waitrose that the baby HAD to have even though she throws away over half a loaf a week - freeze it someone said. OP was aghast at giving a baby frozen bread and presumably continues to throw away £2.80 worth of bread a week. Someone suggested she make her own bread as she mentioned she was a stay at home mum - she hasn’t got time for that. She can’t bear to go to Aldi and she has no time to shop around.

Do these people want miracles. You don’t want to change supermarkets, go to other shops, buy cheaper brands or products, change what you buy or do anything different than you currently do but you want to save money… ok, good luck hun.

Reactions: 9
The part about the shopping thread reminded me of one I saw a little while ago basically a woman saying she can hardly afford to feed her family, how can she cut costs (when given ways to cut costs none of them were suitable 🙄). Someone asked what she buys so they can help and everything she listed was fresh/branded/out of season - smoked salmon, 4 types of berries, avocados, steak, joint of pork, a whole chicken etc for 2 adults and a baby and no idea how to save money…

It was similar to another thread where a woman had just started wearing her child so costs going up and needed to save money - again shopping for her, husband and weaning child. Again asked for what she buys and again numerous berries, pre cut melon/mango etc plus bread which is £3-4 from Waitrose that the baby HAD to have even though she throws away over half a loaf a week - freeze it someone said. OP was aghast at giving a baby frozen bread and presumably continues to throw away £2.80 worth of bread a week. Someone suggested she make her own bread as she mentioned she was a stay at home mum - she hasn’t got time for that. She can’t bear to go to Aldi and she has no time to shop around.

Do these people want miracles. You don’t want to change supermarkets, go to other shops, buy cheaper brands or products, change what you buy or do anything different than you currently do but you want to save money… ok, good luck hun.
I’d assume those kinds of posts were trolls tbh!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.