Mumsnet #6 Did you mean so be so rude?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dear Tattlers, I have 2.5 loads of washing out on the whirligig. Should I be worried that it's getting 'darked on' or may attract 'spider willies'??

Obvs if DH and I both had 6 figure salaries I would have put it all in the tumblie dry, but then will no one think of the environment?? Or the children??

Answers on a postcard to MNHQ...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just had a gander at the ring thread. Only got to page 3 but omfg what fugly rings! Especially those huge ones with multiple stones and no delicateness to them whatsoever, making already stubby hands look even worse.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The posters who think they are so edgy and cool with their unconventional fashion sense look like they have early onset dementia and have forgotten what getting dressed means.

My favourite is still the lady in the tartan suit. A lovely tribute to the Bay City Rollers. Bye Bye Baby 😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It’s on page 1! 😆 3rd from the bottom currently.
Duh, I must have missed it and kept going!

Found some crackers though.

I'm sure I remember an even older and tackier thread though that started with the OP talking about engagement rings rather than wedding rings.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
the midwife asked to check my dilation, I said no, she asked again, I said no and she did it anyway. I was wriggling up the bed to try and get away, but she carried on.
I once posted on there seeking advice, I suppose, about something that happened during the birth of my son. It ended up being my fault, somehow, because I called it a sexual assault. Wrong term, apparently, for someone being elbow deep in your fanny. I was torn to bits on the thread, to the point I was shaking. Cunts.

• Heart
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Duh, I must have missed it and kept going!

Found some crackers though.

I'm sure I remember an even older and tackier thread though that started with the OP talking about engagement rings rather than wedding rings.
That might be the same one I'm thinking of. She starts threads regularly but mostly gets spotted and deleted quickly enough.
'DH and I are in our twenties but we just bought a mansion for a few million, cos we are so well off, and now we have a baby, I'm looking for a Norland nanny.'
The first time she appeared she had a (pretend engagement) ring like something you would get in a cracker except even more tacky 🤣

Reactions: 4
S&B is my fave too - everyone's so thin and skinnies, which give women 'parsnip legs' are verboten. Has anyone encountered one of those "I have £3K to spend on a luxury item, please help me choose" threads? They usually dissolve into a mass of posters suggesting that the OP buys a cheap bag and donate the rest to charity.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
That might be the same one I'm thinking of. She starts threads regularly but mostly gets spotted and deleted quickly enough.
'DH and I are in our twenties but we just bought a mansion for a few million, cos we are so well off, and now we have a baby, I'm looking for a Norland nanny.'
The first time she appeared she had a (pretend engagement) ring like something you would get in a cracker except even more tacky 🤣
Beanie Baby? She posted photos nicked from google images of her swimming pool in Los Angeles, and someone reverse image searched it and it was an Air BnB in Chicago.

She also frequently asks where to live in London with a budget of 15mill.

Cue all the other fantasists telling her that sort of money will buy her a shed in Walthamstow and she needs at least treble that to even afford a bedsit in a semi decent area.

I think she’s young and poor and single. Her dream is to be married to a multimillionaire with a private jet, their own yacht and luxury apartments in London, Paris, New York, Milan and Rome.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think a lot of them are also lying about their weight too though. There’s currently a ‘show me your (engagement/wedding) ring’ thread and if the size of the hands are anything to go by, 80% of them are overweight (not that there’s anything wrong with that btw, but I honestly think there’s a fair few on there who are living out a fantasy life where they’re a size 8, higher earner with a perfect husband and kids).

Incidentally, some of the rings on that thread are awful. Proper Christmas cracker stuff.
I have that impression also. I think the persona they put forth on mumsnet is their fantasy one, not real life.
You only have to see the popularity of the weight related chat threads. How most of them glorify weight loss and thinness but as something to aspire to (it makes you look rich!) rather than something they already have. Like 7 figure salaries, lol.

I often think the people who leave reviews at Ocado are in the same bracket. Aspirational nutcases who only shop there to show off the Ocado van to the neighbours (they think it's middle class). Their neighbours being working class homeowners, much like themselves. Ocado is the only site where someone will leave a long and negative review for a packet of rainbow carrots.
And every review for organic meat or wild salmon says 'it stinks!'......yet reviews for cupasoup and pot noodles are wholly positive!
Not very U at all! :p:p

S&B is my fave too - everyone's so thin and skinnies, which give women 'parsnip legs' are verboten. Has anyone encountered one of those "I have £3K to spend on a luxury item, please help me choose" threads? They usually dissolve into a mass of posters suggesting that the OP buys a cheap bag and donate the rest to charity.
But nobody is thin or skinny in S&B if the popular threads are anything to go by. The most popular threads complain about weight, blame it on meno, and usually attack or diminish slimmer women. According to these people, anyone over the age of 40 who isn't obese is starving to death. I don't think they've thought it through..

ALSO!!!! (Been meaning to ask this on Tattle for ever) Please tell me why MN HQ designed that bloody awful pop up whenever you click on a thread!?? The one that enlarges the OP's post so you have to start clicking around like a tit to get rid of it and just read the damn thread. No other website has anything like it, I am sure it's a form of sadism. Just why oh why???? It is so pointless, time-wastey and tit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Beanie Baby? She posted photos nicked from google images of her swimming pool in Los Angeles, and someone reverse image searched it and it was an Air BnB in Chicago.

She also frequently asks where to live in London with a budget of 15mill.

Cue all the other fantasists telling her that sort of money will buy her a shed in Walthamstow and she needs at least treble that to even afford a bedsit in a semi decent area.

I think she’s young and poor and single. Her dream is to be married to a multimillionaire with a private jet, their own yacht and luxury apartments in London, Paris, New York, Milan and Rome.
I missed all of those ones about swimming pools etc but yep, that's the one.
Recognisable from a hundred miles off.

Definitely living in her own fantasy world as is the likes of Crumbs, where their reality is the polar opposite of the picture they try to present, imo.

Reactions: 3
I know of someone who trolls MN on occasion as well. They used to post on another forum I was on.

I haven't seen them in a while now but they liked to start threads about being a "Nice Guy" who can't find a partner while all those ghastly sexist blokes mistreat their wives/girlfriends. After reeling in enough posters who'll encourage them to keep on keeping on, they start to drip feed icky stuff about how they're incapable of doing anything for themselves and need a replacement mummy to look after them once mummy has popped her clogs. Then they get scolded by a bunch of women who tell them how pathetic they are and, in turn, they get their jollies. Cheaper than hiring a Dom.

• Sick
  • Sad
According to one recent thread 'Diamonds are ageing'. Who knew? I have subsequently binned all of mine.

That's why I'm so easily mistaken for one of our Lower 6th, darling. It's the Amazon crystal heart necklace and Fitbit with a £1.99 replacement strap that really gets across my youthful girlishness.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.