Mumsnet #6 Did you mean so be so rude?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dear God, I have just gone down the show me your engagement ring thread, what a load of fat, hairy fingers with bad nails and fugly rings!

Load of high flying career women my arse and as for the one with the sapphire that people said was bigger than Diana’s, love to know where she buys her crackers from!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I hope someone asks does she mean she bought the actual dress that Carrie Johnson was wearing, or the same dress. 😁

Here's another of these high powered types asking how to handle a made up scenario. 🥱😴

B68236EB-004C-4A7C-A999-BF73AB66C165.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
"if I saw one of my staff having a coffee when they were off sick I would fire them"
Well they’re kind of lucky they’re massive fantasists, because if they even tried to sack someone for what they did in their private life and something as menial as getting a coffee or going out on a walk whilst they’re off work supposedly sick. They’re being sued immediately.

Also, they’re idiots, life still goes on whilst you’re sick. There’s been times where I have had to cancel appointments because I was so ill but still had to drag myself outside the door because I need basic things like milk or I had to bring my dog out for a walk and a tit.

Thank God that none of them are in charge of running a business, because they’d run it into the ground without thinking twice because their personal views = what’s good for the business.

Reactions: 8
Do any of them have normal jobs like working in a supermarket or shop or something?

• Haha
Do any of them have normal jobs like working in a supermarket or shop or something?
No, mumsnet is the singular reason why we face recession. All of them and/or their husbands run multi million pound businesses thus crashing the market.

Meaning to ask, you know how they’re all so wealthy and upper class? Why are they also so stingy? I make good money I’m not going to lie, but I make nowhere near as much as the mumsnet lot claim to make annually. Yet I do spend like my names Elon but they’re not willing to open their purse to buy anything. It’s weird to me that you would brag about your wealth and your status yet in the next thread talk about how you only buy essentials and would never spend X amount on a certain item. Weird women.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Oversized trench coats have been v popular with young folks round here. Not sure that’s the same look MN are after though.

S&B is my FAVE! Never mention a designer item you will get slaughtered unless its a Mulberry bag 4th hand from 2002.

“i have a big birthday coming up/inheritance/lottery win and have an extra £20 to spoil myself with! I was thinking White Stuff/Fat Face SKINNIES?”

“Help! I need a flattering dress for a wedding, I’m a size 54”

Rings threads- yes!!! 10000 pics of tacky nail art, sausage hands and dull shite rings.

“Where can i buy groovy clothes for my 16 year old? “ HOW ABOUT LETTING THEM BUY THEIR OWN FFS!

maybe i was neglected but i swear every 16 -18 yr old on there can’t wipe their own backsides! Their parent has to pick alevels, universities and underwear for them!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Rings threads- yes!!! 10000 pics of tacky nail art, sausage hands and dull shite rings.
I’ve always noticed they will talk about how slim and how tiny their clothes sizes are. Yet, anytime they show a glimpse of what they look like, they’re always much heavier. There is truly nothing wrong with being bigger especially as the demographic is middle aged mothers who are sure to have gained weight as is normal. But surely they’re just giving themselves body issues and complexes by pretending to be smaller and thinner than what they actually are?

I remember an argument where two women were fighting with each other over who is skinnier and someone butted in with “You’re probably both a size 24, stop it with it the “I’m thinner than you” bullshit” and i cackled like a witch for 15 minutes

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Most of the rings in that thread look straight out of the Argos catalogue. What happened to them being so afraid of being "outed"? Obviously doesn't matter when it's excuse to show off (tacky) diamonds.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Where's the engagement ring thread, please? I had a search but it didn't throw up a thread.

Oddly enough, the What Are You Wearing thread did throw up a suggestion of a broderie anglais blouse that I really liked 😱.

Reactions: 1
Where's the engagement ring thread, please? I had a search but it didn't throw up a thread.

Oddly enough, the What Are You Wearing thread did throw up a suggestion of a broderie anglais blouse that I really liked 😱.
Their search function is tit, but if you go into chat and scroll down for ‘show me your rings!!’ you should find it.

Reactions: 4
Yeah sorry my I didnt mean to fat shame. I’m no longer a size 8 myself.

Why in god’s name would you post these “fashions”?!?
That's shocking, why would you pair a stripy top with an extremely busy blouse like that. you don't even have to have an eye for fashion to know that doesn't look right

• Haha
Mumsnet talking about what turns them on is always cringe inducing. 😂 wtf is this? All I can think of is the soyboy meme.

download.jpg

The most 'niche' thing I'm attracted to in men that I can think of right now is.... when a man opens his mouth really widely to take a big bite of say, a messy burger and he looks drunk on the enjoyment of food not afraid of getting messy not talking about needing to run or spend time in the gym to burn it off, just eating it like it's the last supper appreciatively. I don't mean scoff like a pig I mean, if a little sauce on the corner of his mouth or chin it's fine and he makes effort to be neat but he just loves it too much. I wouldn't want a man who is self conscious about eating in front of others or constantly thinking about macros. I love a man who really really enjoys his food. I'm sure I'm not alone in this....I'm a feeder so I'd rather he likes eating than compete with me for space in the kitchen.

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Fashion? Jesus. Those outfits are the kind of thing I might put together out of sheer desperation after a complete laundry failure. Except for the "girl mum" outfit, even I'm not that bad.

Saying that I found this nod to the 90's "Wear whatever clothes you find in the wardrobe first" trend in Boden. As we know MN thinks Boden is the height of sophistication so perhaps that explains it.

Personally I'm waiting for shell suits to come back in thanks!

Attachments

• Haha
Fashion? Jesus. Those outfits are the kind of thing I might put together out of sheer desperation after a complete laundry failure. Except for the "girl mum" outfit, even I'm not that bad.

Saying that I found this nod to the 90's "Wear whatever clothes you find in the wardrobe first" trend in Boden. As we know MN thinks Boden is the height of sophistication so perhaps that explains it.

She looks like a 3 year old who has been allowed to choose their own outfit…

• Haha
Mumsnet talking about what turns them on is always cringe inducing. 😂 wtf is this? All I can think of is the soyboy meme.

View attachment 1638207

The most 'niche' thing I'm attracted to in men that I can think of right now is.... when a man opens his mouth really widely to take a big bite of say, a messy burger and he looks drunk on the enjoyment of food not afraid of getting messy not talking about needing to run or spend time in the gym to burn it off, just eating it like it's the last supper appreciatively. I don't mean scoff like a pig I mean, if a little sauce on the corner of his mouth or chin it's fine and he makes effort to be neat but he just loves it too much. I wouldn't want a man who is self conscious about eating in front of others or constantly thinking about macros. I love a man who really really enjoys his food. I'm sure I'm not alone in this....I'm a feeder so I'd rather he likes eating than compete with me for space in the kitchen.
They are so bleeping grim 🤮.
Yeah sorry my I didnt mean to fat shame. I’m no longer a size 8 myself.

Why in god’s name would you post these “fashions”?!?
And again, they all lie and tell each other how fabulous they look when in reality their clothes look like they’ve been fished out of a bin and trampled over by heard of elephants.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Do they really aspire to looking like a twit? That model must be taking the piss 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.