Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I LOVE Keeping Up Appearances and Hyacinth. She’s an icon!

Reactions: 10
Her physical comedy is incredible as well.
Oh it's a very physical role. She manages to be everywhere all at once. And at the bottom of it all, Hyacinth is essentially kind-hearted, but goes about things in such an obsessive and dominating way that any kind intentions are swiftly forgotten.

Reactions: 6
Also, I don’t even really associate mumsnetters with Hyancinth.

I picture Lucy & Yak dungaree wearing, fake woke types who brag about never ironing anything (see a recent thread about kids clothing). Our Hyacinth would never

Reactions: 11
Also, I don’t even really associate mumsnetters with Hyancinth.

I picture Lucy & Yak dungaree wearing, fake woke types who brag about never ironing anything (see a recent thread about kids clothing). Our Hyacinth would never
Oh I agree. The comparison is often made on there with HB when they are discussing (perceptions of) class, but they are worlds apart. Hyacinth would have a conniption at the very idea of RICH-ARD! in unironed clothing.

Reactions: 4
The reason Keeping up Appearances is so funny and timeless is because everyone knows someone like Hyacinth. It’s a fantastic piece of observational humour.

For example I call my Dad’s two sisters ‘The Hyacinths’ because they are both as stuck up as anything and look down on everyone, including the wider family. This is despite coming from a working class council house background.

Reactions: 8
They're now complaining there's hot weather in July . Lots of RED zone warnings and general hysteria not seen since the early days of covid. Chill out and have a Solero!

Reactions: 17
I remember in the early days of covid someone on there predicted that there would be ‘bodies piled high in the streets’.

Reactions: 19
I remember in the early days of covid someone on there predicted that there would be ‘bodies piled high in the streets’.
I had to avoid all covid threads. I saw an occasional one when they sneaked it into AIBU.
It was a crackers time on there - even more than usual.

They are so completely obsessed with class. Anyone who has any class - no matter what it's described as - doesn't give a flying fuck. There's a kind of desperation behind it which I find really hard to understand.

They are so completely obsessed with class. Anyone who has any class - no matter what it's described as - doesn't give a flying fuck. There's a kind of desperation behind it which I find really hard to understand.
According to some survey I'm middle class... but I'm from a working class background and proud!

I do take a fortnum bag into lidl with me but that's because it was about all I could afford in there, its huge and has a gold lobster on it so I loved it I do feel right snooty using it mind but....its a good shopper bag! That's my story and I'm sticking to it

According to some survey I'm middle class... but I'm from a working class background and proud!
I think that pretty much describes me these days.

I do love the sound of that F&M lobster bag.

Edit: I've just looked it up - very stylish!

I tore the ligament in my ankle yesterday so I’ve been bored and this thread inspired me. I’ve wasted hours reading shit on there today. The Sex Talk is my favourite. I’m currently chuckling at “Sexy underwear for men” - in particular the linked image.

I’m surprised no ones commented with the usual, “wear what makes you feel happy/sexy, do not dress for someone else”.

Edit: whatever floats your boat but if any of my ex sexual partners turned up in that, there’d have been absolutely nothing sexual happening.

Wasn't that rage against the universe post about a woman in Switzerland in a wheelchair, who had a husband in a menage a troi?
That's the one. She isn't in wheelchair yet, it's on standby for her decline. Just complete and utter poorly written bollocks!

Reactions: 5
That's the one. She isn't in wheelchair yet, it's on standby for her decline. Just complete and utter poorly written bollocks!
I think her audience numbers / socks are depleted compared to the days when she was driving them around in an imaginary bus.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.