Mumsnet #41 A cesspit of superiority, casual racism, loathing, and tinkly laughter

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just reading about E Coli possibly being in lettuce. What a dilemma! What to put in a massive salad?

Although if I eat the lettuce and get E Coli I could then be size French when I’ve tit out a small country. Who wants to follow my E Coli diet?
You can start an E Coli Bootcamp

• Haha
Reactions: 18
There is yet another thread about kids and UPFs. The current obsession with UPFs is doing my nut in. As is the trumpeting of a tuna baked potato as the answer to all your dietary needs. It's so cheap! It's so nutritious! Enjoy the mercury!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’ve just deleted Mumsnet again. Can’t be doing with all the racism.
---
There is yet another thread about kids and UPFs. The current obsession with UPFs is doing my nut in. As is the trumpeting of a tuna baked potato as the answer to all your dietary needs. It's so cheap! It's so nutritious! Enjoy the mercury!
Isn’t some canned tuna technically a UPF?

Reactions: 6
The cake phobia on that thread about minding someone's child is insane. I love cake but I also love exercising. Means I remain sized carbish but strong.

Reactions: 12
Enjoy the mercury!

Indeed!

Don't they know that Mercury is a HEAVY metal poison? Surely they can get some sort of fish that is merely contaminated with aluminium.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I had canned tuna with yesterday's supper, shhh...

I did read that having green tea beforehand minimises heavy metal absorption 🤷‍♀️

Anyway that sounds a bit MN so I'll shut up 😣🤐

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Full disclosure, I eat tuna plenty and one of my kids would live off it. We'll probably die of UPF before the mercury gets us, because biscuits are worth it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Tuna’s not cheap anymore. I remember it being 75p a can and being a cheap standby when I was a student (I seriously could have written a book of tuna recipes back then), now you’re looking at a couple of pounds a tin and far less fish then there used to be. Honestly, whenever they spout off about ‘cheap and healthy’ food it all comes from such a place of privilege - you can tell they take things like a kitchen stocked with basics and the money to turn your oven on for granted. It’s like the ‘it’s so cheap to make your own bread’ brigade - well yes, it can be, assuming you have the time, some skill, the physical capability, a decent oven and so on.

If I won the Euromillions there's a distinct possibility that I would contribute to the economy by employing a couple of people to take shifts standing outside Biwi's house eating bananas, malt loaf and chips (as part of a healthy balanced lifestyle, DNHS, dont worry!). Either that or hire an ice cream van and a mobile chippie to rock up there daily.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Oh, now we have a homophobia thread where people definitely aren’t homophobic but hate x, y and z about all gay people.

We just need a fat husband thread now, or how about a fat, secretly gay muslim husband thread.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
More words of wisdom from the fun sponge loser collective of mumsnet:

‘If you think the solution to hunger is cake that's a problem.’

Eat a massive bag of ecoli and weesht your bleeping mouth x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Tbh given their experience of “the real world”, I’d have thought “let them eat cake” would be right up their street.

Unless… Ms Antoinette was just evil personified and knew she could kill off the poors using the double whammy of UPFs and the French health insurance system.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Hot debate again over whether you are a child abuser unless you go and sit in silence in a darkened room from 7pm onwards until your baby is over 6 months old.

This shite really rates on me. The "guidance" has created a bevvy of confused, disorientated women living in tit tips, subsisting on eating toast standing up, wondering why they have PND.

The debate in centred around whether the child will die of SIDS unless your breathing is there to regulate them. I wonder what the people who have children due from SIDS while sleeping next to them make of this? It's awful.

You cannot expect women to spend every waking moment alert enough to monitor a child's breathing for six months! It's ridiculous and any mother with more than one child knows is unachievable bollocks.

This comment nearly ended me though... Everyone should take the opportunity for a little light reading or better yet catch up on their embroidery 🤣

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Have you noticed how the 6'4" husbands have disappeared recently? I saw one mention that her ex was 6'5" and took a pretty much available everywhere 34" in a trouser length/standard trousers are impossible to find (to have a barrage of 5'4" women all claim they had legs longer than his :ROFLMAO: ) and all of a sudden, husbands across Mumsnet all became 6'5" instead.

Three months later and somebody posted last week that their 14 year old was 6'8". But despite asking how to get a school blazer to fit his height, said she was able to buy a school blazer from the standard supplier, but it was just a bit wider than his actual chest measurement.

View attachment 3002443

She has, statistically speaking, the tallest Year 9 in the world.

Bet the husbands of Mumsnet suddenly become at least 6'7" now.
Mind you, I did know a fifteen year old who was 6'7" and size 19 feet. His family were all well over 6' including his mother and he for one had growth hormone problems. Because of his size people treated him as an adult and forgot that he was mentally and emotionally still a child.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11