Mumsnet #41 A cesspit of superiority, casual racism, loathing, and tinkly laughter

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Clearly not a MNetter at all or she would have activated the twit protocol.

Head tilt
Initiate a singsong of, "Did you mean to be so rude?" (extended version)
Tinkly laugh/curl up in survival ball (delete as appropriate) View attachment 3002451
I must read that, it sounds hilarious 😂
---
I don't even know how to get a code. Not that I want to give them one.
I think you have to be VIP to refer - but you click on your icon and there's an option to refer

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I was reading the WOMAN'S HOUR TODAY! thread.

By the time I abandoned the thread (due to increasing danger of complete brain-rot at reading the same simpleminded tropes and soundbites on a loop in an actual echo chamber) they were concluding Reform would/should receive their votes.

I believe it is safe to conclude they'll be receiving zero digits from @girlinbrum in the near future, unless it's of the two 'flicking' variety. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m sorry @Miss Begotten, did you actually mean you lick the lettuce leaf? Are you sure you’re not size carb?

I just give a thistle a sideways glance every so often. Whenever I get hungry. Mostly I’m a breatharian.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Very excited to have my comment as thread title..I've had biscuits and am slobbing in fat person clothes to celebrate

• Haha
Reactions: 27
The mumsnet islamophobes are out in full force tonight on a thread about a pta bbq, oddly none have suggested that a burger would be far to filling.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
MN would love me because:

- I earn 6 figures (but that’s not that unusual here)
- I never speak to my mother-in-law (it’s because she’s dead but who cares about that detail)
- I studied French to degree level
- my husband is 6ft 3, even taller in his cowboy boots
- I make my own bread

But they would hate me because:

- I’m size XXXL (extra extra extra lard) with a 6-figure calorie intake
- I have a pit bull
- I have tattoos
- I’m an American
- I work from home
- I have guns
- I drive somewhere they would walk (but I need the a/c of my car, I’d be too hot if I walked)
- I love my husband
- I use a dryer for my laundry
- I answer the door
- I don’t own a Breton top
- I always mean to be so rude

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
1 boy 1 girl who are both what???? Gifted and talented? Called Persephone? Teeny tiny? Massive salad eaters?
Sorry they're both so intelligent, I wrote their IQs and qualifications down but had to write it in teeny numbers so it all fit.

I did briefly considered calling the boy Inigo until my husband asked if I was mad as well as pregnant. I was unable to line up any waterfowl in order to leave so I wrote him a formal letter expressing my displeasure at his reference to my sanity and setting out the future suitable ways he could raise his objections to names I listed. That is formally in writing which would be circulated ahead of our weekly meeting. After Digby and Barnaby were also struck from the list I realised I was a pregnant hormonal madwoman and we chose a very nice name which is in the top 100 and so very very outing

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I reckon the only things I have in common with (some) MNers is being:
  • mortgage free,
  • reasonably financially comfortable
  • an out-and-out classist (not really but my teeth grind when I encounter a Hyacinth type)
  • Breton top ownership (multiples - I suit stripes, okay???)
  • I use towels once then launder,
  • partner is 6'6" (see below)

In all else, I'm the antithesis
  • partner is 'only' 6'6",
  • love my partner,
  • actively enjoy sex with said partner,
  • childfree,
  • divorced,
  • early retired,
  • size DeepFriedMarsBar,
  • live on my own,
  • I adore partner's gym-wife - she listens to all his shite about carbs, protein, reps etc. etc. meaning I don't have to,
  • zero interest in fashion beyond what actually suits me, (see above - Breton tops) and
  • have zero tolerance of vacuous/vain/vile people
  • keep short accounts with people - if you've upset or annoyed me I'll tell you rather than witch about you or let it fester

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
The mumsnet islamophobes are out in full force tonight on a thread about a pta bbq, oddly none have suggested that a burger would be far to filling.
Burgers are UPF too.
I’m shocked nobody has commented on the carbs in the bun.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
MN would love me because:

- I earn 6 figures (but that’s not that unusual here)
- I never speak to my mother-in-law (it’s because she’s dead but who cares about that detail)
- I studied French to degree level
- my husband is 6ft 3, even taller in his cowboy boots
- I make my own bread

But they would hate me because:

- I’m size XXXL (extra extra extra lard) with a 6-figure calorie intake
- I have a pit bull
- I have tattoos
- I’m an American
- I work from home
- I have guns
- I drive somewhere they would walk (but I need the a/c of my car, I’d be too hot if I walked)
- I love my husband
- I use a dryer for my laundry
- I answer the door
- I don’t own a Breton top

This cracked me up! 😄

I have often wondered what they would say if, perhaps, they said the "Did you mean to be so rude?" thing to me and I and the response was "Why, yes. Yes, I did mean to be so rude. That's why I said it. Why were you in any doubt?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I've had biscuits and am slobbing in fat person clothes to celebrate
“Fat person clothes”? Do you mean size 8? <head tilt> Can you donate them to a homeless charity later to be used for shelter?
---
Ooo look.... how to make a MASSIVE SALAD! (Does the salad bar at Pizza Hut count?)
Raw courgette in a salad? But wouldn’t that be like chewing dried wallpaper paste? Some vegetables are great crunchy and raw - potatoes and courgettes are not.
---
I wouldn’t want to out myself due to my unique list of living and circumstance features (think mother, housed, has pets, 2 legs, 2 arms, - size TUI half-board).

Last edited:
  • Haha
“Fat person clothes”? Do you mean size 8? <head tilt> Can you donate them to a homeless charity later to be used for shelter?
---

Raw courgette in a salad? But wouldn’t that be like chewing dried wallpaper paste? Some vegetables are great crunchy and raw - potatoes and courgettes are not.
---
I wouldn’t want to out myself due to my unique list of living and circumstance features (think mother, housed, has pets, 2 legs, 2 arms, - size TUI half-board).
I had courgette in a salad for the first and only time yesterday. It was cut very, very thin and was less unpleasant than I expected but I wouldn't rush to repeat the experience.

I was more struck with the fact that you had to spiralise it according to the instructions above . . . probably to make sure it was wafer thin and therefore almost edible. The thought of 80 yards of tissue thin courgette is just . . . chilling . . .

• Haha
Seen a thread where someone was asking for a tattle code, a poster said it was against the rules and when they apologised for getting it wrong and they were then asked if they could DM a code they just replied....

No.
Well MNetters are always telling us that "no" is a complete sentence :)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I have a detached house, two hollow legged sons (only one is a rugby player though), and the husband with the 6 figure salary.

Unfortunately I am size Very Fat, from NI, the 6 figure husband is one of those foreign men they love to scaremonger and panic about, I open the door when someone knocks, make workmen snacks and tea and don't have an issue with them using the loo, and we eat one pizza each for dinner instead of sharing one between us and being painfully full afterwards.

So I will never be accepted on MN 😭
Yes but we love you on tattle ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I see their new choice of hate figure is Muslims.

There are some horrific threads at the moment. This means old (over 30s), black, recovered addicts, council home dwelling, state school educating people must never go on mn
Why is it suddenly so absolutely horrible there at the moment?
Trying to find the threads to laugh at but they are really rare!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
The pregnancy boards are generally free from nastiness but AIBU is bloody awful. Bunch of bullies descending onto one poor poster, accusing them of lying, being a terrible mother, thoroughly unpleasant, a nasty person - usually in response to someone asking what to say to the mean girls at the school gate.

• Sick
Reactions: 8