Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
It feels like every other thread I read at the moment contains 'people pleaser' - wouldn't like to use that in a drinking game, everyone would be on the floor

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Tretps29

It’s the competitive grief …. I find it weird when MN get so invested and upset with a death of someone they don’t know. You didn’t know him and no one is perfect
His mistress was there on the island with him

Attachments

It's the sort of inane fuckwittery that drunken old broad WOULD do.......
Madness. Did she do it after or before the DS lot. I'm sure they all had a specific meeting place before they all went off together. Mental when you think about safety etc.

As for Liz Jones' comments on pizza choice. I often pick the Special/Taste the Dif/Whatever bollocks they shill to make money range because it tastes better. It doesn't mean I have aspirations of a better life (well, I do but it involves a lottery win).

Shoreditcher

Someone in aibu wants to complain to the hospital that they didn’t feed her and her toddler a meal while they were sat waiting in a&e
And apparently forced them onto a balcony and prevented them putting more than a babygro on the toddler beforehand, yeah right

• Angry
  • Wow

TheMiceInTheShed

VIP Member
I also have my own mug at work due to the dubious hygiene of some of my colleagues. I go one step further though and also have my own teabags (Yorkshire) to ensure I dont have to drink inferior blends. I lock both mug and teabags in my desk overnight and don't give a fuck if my colleagues think I'm weird or tight. If I have to cope with their batshittery all day I need a proper brew in a clean cup.
Yorkshire Tea is the brew of choice in Chateau Mice as well.

Failing that, Punjana, which is also very nice, but pricier.

Tretps29

If it turns out that the telly doctor was having an affair, hence him leaving the beach to go for a “walk” how many grief stricken Mumsnetters will stop composing poetry and competitively wailing in order to clutch their pearls?
Yep, I had read this.
I don’t know if his poor wife was aware of his mistress but I feel so sorry for her.
I absolutely hate that he’s been hailed as a national treasure and saint.

• Haha

Audaciter

One SC place we rented had an oven tray too big for the actual oven. We discovered this *after* we’d constructed the dish that required oven-cooking.

It wasn’t even an airbnb, it belonged to a friend.

Sunlifeover50

VIP Member
Isn’t there a comedy sketch where a group of women go to A&E and one of them fancies the doctor so she rubs chilli on her bits? Or have I made that up. It’s all sounding very familiar

• Wow
  • Haha

Millie2023

Our tea = Joe’s. We have one of their catering packs (100 bags) delivered every 6 weeks, which is probably the most Mumsnet thing ever, but it’s my one indulgence (apart from wine, chocolate…..)
I do limit my intake and interspace it with non-Joe’s tea, even though it’s only 23p/bag. 🤣

TheMiceInTheShed

VIP Member
I once went for afternoon tea with a group of ten women, which was an unlimited sandwiches one (cakes sadly you just got what you got). We kept them coming for quite some time. All of us managed to put quite a lot away.
I'm proud of you.

Teeny-tiny sandwiches only belong on a teddy bears' picnic, if they're going to limit how many you can have.

• Heart