Mumsnet #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And roast a chicken, will feed the family until a week on Wednesday x

Honestly I had a brief period of wondering why I couldn’t make a chicken stretch as long as a mythical Mumsnet chicken, but then realised it’s because we all eat normal sized portions.
Yeah, these are the people who stop at just one biscuit and don’t eat the whole packet in one sitting.

bleeping weirdos.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Post the other day asking how much would you pay for this meal at a chain pizza restaurant
Was something like
4x pizza
1x kids meal
4x soft drinks

was then 2 pages of people guessing anything from 60-100

even after OP had answered (£75 for anyone on the edge of their seats) there was still pages of people guessing 🥴

overall not really sure what the point of the thread was, it ended up being Zizzis which you can easily browse menu online and see prices and budget accordingly if money is issue?

And they always have vouchers thru email so OP has missed a trick there

edit to add- on further reading the thread someone has commented that they use Tesco vouchers and her 2x kids meals for herself and partner
I have secondhand embarrassment for her going out as 2 adults and ordering a full 3 course meal (plus squash 🤪) off a kids menu
How many people commented that 4 pizzas are far too much for 4 people/one slice and a bit of salad should fill up any adult/no wonder 98.9% of the UK population is obese, yadda yadda? 🤣🤣
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Wow, the tattle thread is still up. I’m amazed, and amazed at how many of them also use this site and are defending it. Maybe they’ve seen the light and realised how awful MN is?
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Where is the Tattle thread please?

Also, one pizza per person is the law, preferably with dough balls first, and salad is for wimps. Fact. Pudding may be optional, but if in Pizza Express a nice coffee with a little smitchen of pudding on the side is perfectly acceptable.
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 10
I honestly have to question the sanity of someone who says they hate pizza. It’s such a delicious yet completely non offensive collection of ingredients. That’s a friend filter for me for sure
I LOVE food, however there is something about pizza, it swallows heavy , however how much I chew I have to over chew it , , it feels weird going down , it doesn't sit well , when it does go down it's the " heaviness " that sits unwell , I have literally sat with my head over a bowl because of it.. it's like a brick .. I can eat thai , Chinese ,Indian, pub food , burger king, McDonald's, but something about a pizza will literally make my belly feel queasy as soon as I eat it ..

Just stick to a massive salad and that should fill you up for at least a week.
No thanks very much.. my medium chicken will feed all 6 of us for 5 days will do me thanks . Including, roast dinner. sandwiches, stir fry, soup and stock for 6 !! Anyone that feeds less are greedy
Including leftovers that are slimy after day 6 thank you very much indeed
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 8
Wow, the tattle thread is still up. I’m amazed, and amazed at how many of them also use this site and are defending it. Maybe they’ve seen the light and realised how awful MN is?
That's why I switched teams, so probably!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
Wow, the tattle thread is still up. I’m amazed, and amazed at how many of them also use this site and are defending it. Maybe they’ve seen the light and realised how awful MN is?
I think there's probably quite a few people that are on both. It's not like you have to pick a side or anything.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 13
Just read the thread... some of them are so holier than thou arent they? "ooh, if I cant say anything nice I never say anything at all" "they must be obsessed" blah blah. but agree there is no need to take sides (well, there is, because they are mostly a bunch of bleeps :p ) but its not like there's a law or anything forbidding people from using A.N.Other website is there?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
Somebody wants to ban people talking about their kids in the workplace… 🙄 ok I understand infertility struggles etc but seriously? How entitled can you get!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
Somebody wants to ban people talking about their kids in the workplace… 🙄 ok I understand infertility struggles etc but seriously? How entitled can you get!
Very true . I don’t talk about my kids at work though because well I think kid talk is boring. Cats though - that is perfectly acceptable 😀
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
On that thread there’s a couple saying we (Tattlers) are idiots because every time we diss an influencer, they earn more money.

Not sure it works like that!

I deal with influencers at work (hatred of their grifting drove me to this site), and we are careful to only use ones that are universally well-liked. So eg MOD would not be a goer, ditto Jack Monroe, Sali Hughes, etc etc.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
On that thread there’s a couple saying we (Tattlers) are idiots because every time we diss an influencer, they earn more money.

Not sure it works like that!

I deal with influencers at work (hatred of their grifting drove me to this site), and we are careful to only use ones that are universally well-liked. So eg MOD would not be a goer, ditto Jack Monroe, Sali Hughes, etc etc.
What? So if I say right now - just as an example - Vicky Pattison is a grifty twit. She gets more money? How? Do they know what influencers are?
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 7
Exactly this.
There's good and bad on both sites, it's v easy to choose your favourite bits of both which is what I do.
There isn’t any good on Mumsnet though. That’s the thing. I’ve never seen a pile on here, or the sneering that goes on towards people on a lower income to them. Nor the competitive under eating.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 11
There isn’t any good on Mumsnet though. That’s the thing. I’ve never seen a pile on here, or the sneering that goes on towards people on a lower income to them. Nor the competitive under eating.
I like the feminism section, I’ve actually learnt a lot and been made to think about some things I previously hadn’t. I’m grateful for that.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
There isn’t any good on Mumsnet though. That’s the thing. I’ve never seen a pile on here, or the sneering that goes on towards people on a lower income to them. Nor the competitive under eating.
Ah well, I've seen a lot of good and met some great people from there.
I love this site too, some goes too far for me but I know which threads to avoid now.
The eating thing is ridiculous, I find it hilarious and mainly made up anyway most likely.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Somebody wants to ban people talking about their kids in the workplace… 🙄 ok I understand infertility struggles etc but seriously? How entitled can you get!
I've seen discussions in my workplace around kids appearing while on calls and WFH (not as a regular thing obviously, just the odd time when they are home from school and pestering you for a snack etc), someone raised the possibility of it being insensitive to those with infertility! I mean, WTF! I'm sorry if anyone has to deal with that, but I can't pretend my kids don't exist - they live in this house, they're not kept in a locked box!
 
  • Like
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
The tattle thread is interesting, or it was. I was going to comment but it’s been taken over my someone who has never even been mentioned on here making it about herself.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.