Mumsnet #39 Chatbot or fatbot?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbh I expected better of you lot. 😉 Some of us (ie moi) are really lean at big weights. At 68 kilos I would be a teeny tiny with a 23” waist. At 13 stone I have a 27” waist. I’m freaky muscly. 🤷‍♀️

Today I’ve been enjoying the “I can’t believe fatties are taking DRUGS”. OP lists the only MN-approved way to lose weight - the incredible rarely spoken about Eat Less, Move More diet.

OP also admits she’s a big fat size TUI. So I’m wondering why she doesn’t just ELMM?
Honest to God, if you’re fat you can’t win and MNetters embody everything about that. Eat less, but not that kind of food, exercise, but not near them or in public, don’t expect brands to make plus sizes but don’t wear anything but a sack (and don’t, whatever you do, wear swimwear which involves both skimpy clothing AND exercising in public), don’t be caught smiling or enjoying life because you can’t possibly be doing that in a fat body, don’t eat in public (or in private for that matter), lose weight, but not with drugs, don’t be fat and have kids, don’t be fat and get old, don’t fat and get ill, don’t be fat and claim benefits … it just goes on and on and on. It’s so bloody boring - and more so when people repeat this nonsense and think they’re being original or worse still, they pretend they’re being concerned. Most of the nastiness seems to come from people who just have to hate someone and they can’t get away with being racist, homophobic, xenophobic or whatever else publicly anymore, so they direct the venom at fat people and it makes them feel all warm and toasty with the glow of self-righteousness. I thank God every day that my life, just like my arse, isn’t that small.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Babs allotment op hasnt posted today and infact hasn't been seen since the 18th.

Colour noone (but her fans on mn) surprised. If she does return she'll have had a relapse and no idea what's happening at the allotment to drag it out.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Someone years ago posted that the first time they had anal sex with DH it was on a holiday to centre parcs. So anytime he or she wanted bum fun they'd say "Fancy going to centre parcs?"

Coincidentally I was at Alton Towers yesterday and found myself wondering what MN would think that "going to alton towers" was a euphemism for.
Dogging? MMF threesome? Urethral sounding?
Thank you! The explanation is rather more tame than I had hoped, I was longing for a mad MN rabbit hole 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Someone years ago posted that the first time they had anal sex with DH it was on a holiday to centre parcs. So anytime he or she wanted bum fun they'd say "Fancy going to centre parcs?"

Coincidentally I was at Alton Towers yesterday and found myself wondering what MN would think that "going to alton towers" was a euphemism for.
Wasn’t there also a legend about someone finding a sachet of lube behind the curtain in centre parcs and it became a thing? Mners took to hiding them there as a jokey nod to other MNers ( I don’t actually know if anyone did this or if they just talked about it)

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Babs allotment op hasnt posted today and infact hasn't been seen since the 18th.

Colour noone (but her fans on mn) surprised. If she does return she'll have had a relapse and no idea what's happening at the allotment to drag it out.
Wasn’t it all supposed to end yesterday as that’s when her notice ended and the husband was going to go there and make sure she had gone? It’s really annoying when people forget their fake threads and never come back 😂

• Haha
Scaffolder drugs or the other ones?
Well apparently celebrities and famous people (this could be a stretch as OP also admits to being “influenced”) use these DRUGS to get thin(ner) and so Kingdoms will fall at the cult of copying slebs or something.

Aye, and Soho House is 95% cocaine dust. But I think that’s an acceptable DRUG because it makes you talk more, care less.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Why do they always want everything they don’t like to be banned. Everything ‘shouldn’t be allowed’. Do I think it’s a great idea to take drugs invented for something else to be used for weight loss? Maybe not, we don’t know if it’ll cause issues in the future. Would I take them? No. Do I care if other people I don’t even know take them because they’ve decided it’s right for them and have considered the risks of the drugs vs the risk of remaining overweight and decided the drugs are the better option for them? No.

Reactions: 15
Honest to God, if you’re fat you can’t win and MNetters embody everything about that.
I've seen this poster around, and they are an absolute bleeping tool, and here I think they've captured exactly what the MN (and societal, and be fair) opposition is to any kind of artificial assistance to weight loss, no matter how beneficial it can be for someone. They don't care about your health or happiness....they're just pissed off because they think surgery or medicine is cheating.

In the interests of fairness, it's an unpopular opinion thread so maybe it's the right place to talk rubbish, but this isn't an unpopular opinion!

Screenshot_20240521-191239_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: 10
MNers are obsessed with fat people. I bet the size French skinnies are secretly fat too and just hate themselves. Sad really!

Reactions: 7
I need some of you six fig earners to help me out with some logic. FAT DRUGS OP (fat people not being fat any more could end in disaster thread) says one of the reasons she’s fat is because she’s only 5’.

Does this mean all Amazonian women are willowy?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I had to hide the weight loss DRUGS thread I've lost 7.5 stone on Ozempic/Wegovy and they can shove their concern trolling up their arses.

And as for the unpopular opinions threads they are always a hideous disaster, from 0 to euthanise fat and disabled people in 2.5 seconds. Also the opinions are rarely unpopular on MN, they are bog standard snobby middle-class, racist. bigoted, fat hating ableist bullshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Trolls often kill themselves off when they get in too deep. Clurr being the best example of this.

• Haha

That reminds me of the poster that said her husband promised to take her up the OXO Tower. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I'd happily bet a pound to a penny that all those bleating on about weight loss drugs being 'cheating' or 'concerning' are happily filling their faces with botox whilst having their teeth done in some Turkish clinic. And, that's after they've had the 'Mummy Makeover' to rid themselves of their motherhood related imperfections.

Vain, vacuous, vile vipers.

• Haha
I'd happily bet a pound to a penny that all those bleating on about weight loss drugs being 'cheating' or 'concerning' are happily filling their faces with botox whilst having their teeth done in some Turkish clinic. And, that's after they've had the 'Mummy Makeover' to rid themselves of their motherhood related imperfections.

Vain, vacuous, vile vipers.
That last sentence is a defo thread title 😂 #40 vain, vacuous vile vipers

• Haha
Reactions: 29
They've infiltrated sewing bee, awful frocks, made to measure sacks/tents, fitted where it touched

• Haha
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.