Mumsnet #39 Chatbot or fatbot?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd happily bet a pound to a penny that all those bleating on about weight loss drugs being 'cheating' or 'concerning' are happily filling their faces with botox whilst having their teeth done in some Turkish clinic. And, that's after they've had the 'Mummy Makeover' to rid themselves of their motherhood related imperfections.

Vain, vacuous, vile vipers.
I don’t understand the cheating aspect. Even if it was cheating, they’re only cheating themselves, not anyone else. A person cheating at weight loss doesn’t stop another person losing weight or pass the weight they’ve lost to someone else 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 18
What they mean by cheating of course is that the only ‘right’ way to be thin is to have iron willpower, constant refusing ‘bad’ food, and thus exercise moral superiority over all the stupid lazy less ‘good’ people. If people cheat their way to thin but remain secretly morally lacking then that’s Just Not Fair.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
What they mean by cheating of course is that the only ‘right’ way to be thin is to have iron willpower, constant refusing ‘bad’ food, and thus exercise moral superiority over all the stupid lazy less ‘good’ people. If people cheat their way to thin but remain secretly morally lacking then that’s Just Not Fair.
They’re a bunch of lunatics honestly. There’s literally murderers and pedos and abusers on this earth and they’re concerned about fat people, hairy women and that their mother in law won’t quit her job to do their childcare. And I know we can all worry about more than one thing at a time but I’m not sure they are considering a woman with hairy legs gave someone actual nightmares!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
They put a moral value on being a certain weight and they feel they "earned" it. They are angry that someone else might get that same social currency, as they see it, without doing what they did to "earn" it. Never mind that to get prescribed these medicines, you will have more than "earned" it, if misery and poor mental health surrounding food and body image is the yardstick, which of course it is. So if you are to get the social currency, they need to devalue it somehow, which they'll do by essentially claiming that you gained it immorally. You cheated. You don't really deserve it. It's tainted.

It's nothing to do with health, physical or mental; if it were, they'd be glad that there's an option to try when mere diet and exercise hasn't worked long term. They'd also understand that mental health matters too and it might be worth carrying some extra flesh if it prevents mental breakdown - fat people still deserve to be happy, ffs. It's about placing a moral value on something that doesn't have one and then trying to devalue it in others so they can still feel superior.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I’ve had a look at this particular thread and one poster has pretty much said what I did, unashamedly from her own point of view.

There is huge ignorance about every aspect of these drugs on the thread too, and bariatric issues too of course.

I shall revert to my previous stance of ignoring it all.

Reactions: 11
They put a moral value on being a certain weight and they feel they "earned" it. They are angry that someone else might get that same social currency, as they see it, without doing what they did to "earn" it. Never mind that to get prescribed these medicines, you will have more than "earned" it, if misery and poor mental health surrounding food and body image is the yardstick, which of course it is. So if you are to get the social currency, they need to devalue it somehow, which they'll do by essentially claiming that you gained it immorally. You cheated. You don't really deserve it. It's tainted.

It's nothing to do with health, physical or mental; if it were, they'd be glad that there's an option to try when mere diet and exercise hasn't worked long term. They'd also understand that mental health matters too and it might be worth carrying some extra flesh if it prevents mental breakdown - fat people still deserve to be happy, ffs. It's about placing a moral value on something that doesn't have one and then trying to devalue it in others so they can still feel superior.
Same posters, oddly enough, don't think it's 'cheating' to be handed massive inheritances, using family connections to obtain jobs, or having their parents pay for their grand-loin-fruit's education.

Oh, no, that's not cheating, that earned. Earned by dint of by being thin and therefore worthy. That's ED thin, btw, if even half of what they type about their eating habits is true.

They are a bunch of corkscrew thinkers. Anything, absolutely anything goes, to justify their own entitlement to anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Well thanks to the horrible mumsnet thread and the resulting discussion on here I couldn’t sleep for thinking about weight loss injections and I have just ordered my first mountjaro pen. I weigh a metric fucktonne and realistically it’s not going to magically drop off now if it hasn’t in the past twenty years 🤦🏻‍♀️

I have to take pictures of myself now so that the Asda doctor can agree I’m fat enough for MJ to complete my shame 🤣

• Heart
Am I missing something? There’s a woman on AIBU who se husband took a tit in the bathroom of their master suite and apparently it left a smell. He snores sometimes, and one night he woke her up because he was opening and closing drawers and things in the the room in the night, looking for something.
Almost all if the responses as far as I could bear to read were “divorce him”. She says she’s sleep deprived. That’s not going to improve if she becomes a single parent.

She said the smell was so bad she couldn’t take her contacts out and why did he do that in their bathroom. Well, if they didn’t have a master suite and they only had a hall bathroom, it’d smell the same. What does it matter which bathroom it is?

Imagine if a man posted on there that his wife is disgusting because she went to the bathroom and it was smelly afterwards. And she snores sometimes. And one night she woke him up because she was moving around the room, looking for something. There would be “she might have medical issues” to explain the smell, he’d be told to “grow up”, and worse. I guarantee you not one person would tell him to divorce her.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Same posters, oddly enough, don't think it's 'cheating' to be handed massive inheritances, using family connections to obtain jobs, or having their parents pay for their grand-loin-fruit's education.

Oh, no, that's not cheating, that earned. Earned by dint of by being thin and therefore worthy. That's ED thin, btw, if even half of what they type about their eating habits is true.

They are a bunch of corkscrew thinkers. Anything, absolutely anything goes, to justify their own entitlement to anything.
If a fat person says they only eat once a day, then they are doing weight loss WRONG and not eating enough. If a thin person says they’ve got very little appetite and just eats like a bird that’s great.

Reactions: 13
Bet you a tenner the OP of that thread slinks into Boots for a “new year, new me” 2025 lifestyle change.

Personally I reserve my loathing for cancer patients who have radiation and chemotherapy - dreadful side effects. Can’t they just FIGHT IT and be positive? I don’t have cancer, but I don’t think I’m wrong.

• Haha
  • Sad
Bet you a tenner the OP of that thread slinks into Boots for a “new year, new me” 2025 lifestyle change.

Personally I reserve my loathing for cancer patients who have radiation and chemotherapy - dreadful side effects. Can’t they just FIGHT IT and be positive? I don’t have cancer, but I don’t think I’m wrong.
Did you see that loathsome thread about how breast cancer is nothing more than a minor annoyance?

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I genuinely had a salad from maccies yesterday 😢 although I had crispy chicken so MN still wouldn't be happy.

• Heart
But “AandE NOW!!” is not cheating? Can’t they just chop their own leg off if it’s hurting or bleeding?
---
The pooping in the en-suite escalated quickly. Now she’s being told that because he had a quick wank in bed then he’s going to rape her in her sleep.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
It’s because 100% of their self worth is tied to being 4 stone 3. If a fatty takes DRUGS to become slim and not a social outcast that is POOR FORM.

Reactions: 12
There’s definitely some moral purity stuff going on. Someone on that thread spoke of being slim and acknowledging the hunger blah blah. I mean I know that we’re not supposed to dive head first into the TUI buffet every 2 hours just so we never experience a stomach rumble… but I suspect the poster was referring more to deliberate ED style behaviour rather than “bloody hell it’s been a day and I’m starving’ Marvin”.

I’ve told before of someone I know who did a “21 day fast”. 🤨 Yes love, Bobby Sands did it for his health too.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
My OH won't poo in the en suite, which confuses me. It's there to be used, right? I happily use it both ways but he takes himself away to the 'family bathroom'. It's probably because I'd keep talking to him if he was a mere three metres away. I like him and want to talk to him but he just wants to tit in peace 😠

• Haha
Reactions: 21
My husband won’t either. I’m quite pleased though as my side of the bed is about three feet from the loo. My friend has banned her husband from pooing in their en suite.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.