Mumsnet #39 Chatbot or fatbot?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s a post on there just now- “what jobs would put you off dating”

It’s crazy. Nearly everyone has said police which baffles me because who do they think will come round once they’ve logged their parking complaints with 101.

Someone has randomly said scaffolder!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
In my line of work 🍉 I often have cause to Google "[scaffolder name]+conviction". Less exciting than it sounds, and it doesn't sound that exciting ☺

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think I need to leave this thread. I’m officially a mumsnetter my god. Sittting here reading the McDonald’s posts feeling shocked and sick that so many people eat it. while wearing a striped cardigan over a midi dress from M&S.

That’s it, must get all my ducks in a row to go NC with myself. (in reality I’m going to throw some dippers in the air fryer and put Corrie on)

Quelle Vie De Merde (FML for all you uncultured non french speakers) 😜 🤣
We’re all going NC with you 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

It’s crazy. Nearly everyone has said police which baffles me because who do they think will come round once they’ve logged their parking complaints with 101.

To be fair, Mumsnet has put me off dating a police officer. So many times a thread starts with a woman saying her husband is having an affair.emotional affair with a woman he works with closely and she knew it would happen because all his colleagues did the same but he reassured her etc and someone will ask if he’s a police officer and every time she says yes! And then loads of people say their ex husband was a police officer and cheated on them!

Also I don’t think the met/what happened with Sarah everard etc have helped either!

Reactions: 10
Like absolute duck they're a size 6/8 at that weight and height. 67kg is 148lbs or close enough, I'm 5ft 6 and when I was 148lbs for most of my 20s I was a size 10 on top and a size 12 on bottom (pear shaped).
Exactly, I'm about 5'6" and at 67kg could get in a size 10 top (disclaimer I'm a titless wonder) and then probably need a 12 to get over my hips on the bottom if it's anything fitted. I'm currently about 60kg and could possibly squeeze myself into a size 8 on the bottom but only in the shops that are definitely leaning into vanity sizing and I prefer to be able to move in my clothes :ROFLMAO: I know we all carry weight differently but really doubt at 5'3" and about 10.5 stone you're wearing size 6 unless it's your shoes.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Mumsnet would hate me - I've kept my kid off school for the day due to sports day anxiety and instead of having a day outside doing good old fashioned exercise we went and got a McDonalds instead.

Far more fun had - something MN are always lacking

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
My tiny children easily plough through nine nuggets.

My brother used to work at Maccys and at the end of the night they could take home whatever was left on the shelf. He used to appear at midnight with 100 nuggets.

• Wow
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

I thought most women hate scaffolders? Typically known for being a bit Mysoginistic with a love for cocaine.
It the job I always see being described as a red flag

ETA if I wasn’t already married (6’4, 6 figures and over 6 inches) then I’d probably would date one. Red is my favourite colour.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
To be fair, Mumsnet has put me off dating a police officer. So many times a thread starts with a woman saying her husband is having an affair.emotional affair with a woman he works with closely and she knew it would happen because all his colleagues did the same but he reassured her etc and someone will ask if he’s a police officer and every time she says yes! And then loads of people say their ex husband was a police officer and cheated on them!

Also I don’t think the met/what happened with Sarah everard etc have helped either!
Over the years I’ve worked in a lot of fields. Chefs are insane and will shag anything. Academics are obsessed and will shag anything. Medics/nurses/drs are arrogant, think they’re gods gift, and will shag anything.

police officers and staff I actually found the most genuine out the lot. Most of them were there simply to catch bad guys. These days they rarely have the opportunity to be shagging on the job, no on call rooms or conferences abroad. Yes there’s the usual rate of marriage, divorce, and the few affairs. Tbh the only affairs I knew about were because other officers grassed them up to PSD 😂. No one can be doing with colleagues sneaking around with their attention off the job.

police and medics work insane hours. Most of them split because the spouse once married decides they are spending too much time at work. Which brings back to well you knew the job when you married them…

Reactions: 4
lol I must just be naive because I only know one scaffolder and he’s lovely 😂 luckily I’m not on the dating scene. I’d be crap at it because I’m married to another one of their major no-nos (someone who travels long haul… prone to shagging around a lot apparently). Maybe I am just blissfully naive 😂

Reactions: 9
I know quite a few really lovely police officers who are happily married to boot, and one whose wife cheated on him.

Reactions: 5
I know quite a few really lovely police officers who are happily married to boot, and one whose wife cheated on him.
I think if someone wants to cheat they will find a way but with some jobs, including police, it’s easier to find the time because you can easily tell your spouse you have to stay late or work an extra shift and also you can be in intense situations and spend long hours with colleagues which can ignite affairs. But there are people who live with their spouse, work from home, their spouse works from home and they still find a way to cheat so basically you can’t trust anyone 😂

Reactions: 11
Can't tempt me with McDonald's or Burger King, tbh, was never that into it.... now give me a Subway sandwich anytime over that! All this talk here about it made me think about how long I haven't had one and yeah, I know it's probably all crap in there, but tbh that Chicken Teriyaki was tasty. I want one now and I don't even eat chicken.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.