Mumsnet #39 Chatbot or fatbot?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those of us of a certain age used to wash everything prior to wearing or using it. I think there were chemicals on items that killed bugs/fleas and the chemicals were not skin-friendly. I don't that's what the chemicals were for sure, but certainly my mother and grandmothers washed everything - clothes, bedding, towels, curtains etc. before use.

I continued the tradition until one day I grew up and thought: duck this, life's too short for pre-washing and ironing of any sort!

😂 I think I'm the weird one on that topic, I do still wash everything first. Just looked it up as well, there's also still a recommendation to do so (something about the dyes being used being irritating). I'll see myself over to MN now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
That weight and height thread in chat is starting to have a definite pro ana feel about it. It's full of people saying they are 8 stone and massive

This poster is 6 stone and has described herself as having big bones and a big belly😞 a few people have said some supportive comments but the whole thread is fucked up and for someone who is clearly trying to overcome anorexia/disordered eating it's just not good or helpful at all
1717424050624.png

---
Another one who apparently has a jelly belly at less than 8 stone🤦‍♀️
1717424179715.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Her BMI is 14. Clinically underweight. There really needs to be some sort of Community Notes function on there to point stuff like that out.

Sorry, on edit, she is obviously anorexic and (hopefully) recovering. But even so, these threads are only going to be harmful for anyone in her position. They stoke insecurity.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
That weight and height thread in chat is starting to have a definite pro ana feel about it. It's full of people saying they are 8 stone and massive

This poster is 6 stone and has described herself as having big bones and a big belly😞 a few people have said some supportive comments but the whole thread is fucked up and for someone who is clearly trying to overcome anorexia/disordered eating it's just not good or helpful at all
View attachment 2972045
---
View attachment 2972047

If she is genuinely ill, i hope she recovers, but we all know that pro ana is a thing and that people take this as inspiration (or "thinspiration" :sick:). I used to be part of a forum with a focus on Beauty and Style and post with weight/height were removed for this sort of thing. Feel like it would do MN a world of good to do the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'll counteract with a grievance procedure, obviously.
Personally I’d get the union involved.
---
You know how we were saying that this thread predicts bad news? Like we talk about someone and then a few days later they die? Just seen that one of Black Lace has died (Agadoo was discussed up thread).
Please don’t talk about Adam Ant. I have concert tickets for later this year and he already cancelled 3 times during COVID.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Personally I’d get the union involved.
---
You know how we were saying that this thread predicts bad news? Like we talk about someone and then a few days later they die? Just seen that one of Black Lace has died (Agadoo was discussed up thread).
Please don’t talk about Adam Ant. I have concert tickets for later this year and he already cancelled 3 times during COVID.
I won't talk about Adam Ant if you promise not to talk about Rod Stewart because my mum and stepdad are going to see him in Las Vegas and mum is super-excited. If he dies before then, she'll be inconsolable. Stay alive, Sir Rod!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Very disappointing to hear about Noddy. 😔

Some people act very strangely online.
I referred someone once. Luckily she has been as happy go lucky on here as she was on MN and likes to chatter about reality TV only!

I have to admit if I'm in a bad mood and have had a drink I can be a bit snappy online 😳

I called someone thick once on MN and it didn't get deleted and I wasn't banned. It was a stupid comment from her though...

Thought perhaps I should apologise to the poster but this is going back a few months now

Reactions: 6

View attachment 2972045
---
View attachment 2972047
Any adult of normal height who weighs six stones and has a big belly is suffering from kwashiorkor

Reactions: 5
But not surprising surely??
Maybe I’m a bit naive, because I thought she was pretty “normal” and I liked her humour.
I referred someone once. Luckily she has been as happy go lucky on here as she was on MN and likes to chatter about reality TV only!

I have to admit if I'm in a bad mood and have had a drink I can be a bit snappy online 😳

I called someone thick once on MN and it didn't get deleted and I wasn't banned. It was a stupid comment from her though...

Thought perhaps I should apologise to the poster but this is going back a few months now
I’ve been a proper bleep to people online - BUT, I’ve never been into sock puppets or grandiose stories. Anyway, telling a daft MNer to get a grip is often a public duty.

Reactions: 14
Feeling slightly smug about Noddy as I had her hidden.

Ah, poor Ghostspirit. Life is a nightmare, imagine your mess of a life being so uniquely shite that a forum of thousands can spot it in minutes. The piss on her lino is that she could fix it, but she won't.

I'm back for the greedy Husband troll. What a birthday stealing bastard.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I need info re Noddy as I have no idea what you’re all talking about!!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.