Mumsnet #39 Chatbot or fatbot?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone has started a thread about not wanting to go to a buffet. Every time I see “plates piled high” and “gluttony” I shall eat 1000 calories to balance out their outrage.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Someone has started a thread about not wanting to go to a buffet. Every time I see “plates piled high” and “gluttony” I shall eat 1000 calories to balance out their outrage.
Doing my part too at an all-inclusive in Bali. There may be a national shortage of the hazelnut vanilla ice cream by the time we leave.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
It is ridiculous, being so fixated on what others are eating. The poster seems to think she has to eat everything as it is “all you can eat”. It is not a challenge (although I am sure some people will treat it like one!), just eat what you want!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
For the first time in absolutely ever I have just seen a useful post on Mumsnet!!

My child benefit hasn't gone in, I was all prepared to eff about trying to work out my government gateway that I haven't even looked at for 10 years but there is a trending post about loads of people not receiving it - and Martin Lewis is already involved.

Phew nearly had to do some admin today, thanks Mumsnet!

Edit - actually this is terrible. I'm thinking of it from my perspective of it being part of my monthly income but if was no longer to receive it it wouldn't make life hard, but for others this is the difference between kids eating or not. I withdraw my previous complaint about it being an inconvenient admin job for me and I hope others are not finding themselves in a really difficult situation this morning.

(Gonna leave this post though in case anyone else needs to know that it seems like it's a huge HMRC duck up)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Outraged woman has had a go at a colleague for using same utensil to take a veg pizza out of oven after a meat one cos her pal is veggie. One batshit MN said she shouldn’t have said anything to the guy, should’ve said to his manager or HR 🤦🏻‍♀️ any HR folk I know would be like oh do duck off you melt 😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Outraged woman has had a go at a colleague for using same utensil to take a veg pizza out of oven after a meat one cos her pal is veggie. One batshit MN said she shouldn’t have said anything to the guy, should’ve said to his manager or HR 🤦🏻‍♀️ any HR folk I know would be like oh do duck off you melt 😆
It's the way she said she raised her voice at him, I don't think i've ever raised my voice at work! Normal people would just say "Oi Emma, the pizzas were done in the same oven and removed using the same spatula, you alright with that or shall we grab a sandwich instead?"

• Haha
Reactions: 10
There's loads of people my height (5ft 7in) who are 8 stone something. I would never be able to get that low. I was over 20 stone. I'm now down to 12st 7lbs and aiming for 11ish. I'm currently a size 12 and I look fine. If I was 8st 5lbs I would look like a skeleton. I don't think I've lost sight of what a normal weight looks like but threads like this make me feel huge and as if I should try harder even though I haven't been below 11stone since I was a teenager. It's so fucked up.
I am 5ft 8 and my usual weight is around 70kg (11 stone) and if I go any lower I look emaciated and skeletal, At 11 stone I can wear size 12 comfortably although by Mumsnet standards anything bigger than a size 8 is obese. I am currently pregnant and have just returned from an all inclusive Tui holiday and I can categorically state I am nowhere near 11 stone at the moment, I am a human hippo. After my baby is born, I will NOT be joining Biwi's bootcamp though. I'll go back to my usual exercises like swimming and paddleboarding and watching Netflix, and trying to eat relatively healthily.

Congratulations on your incredible weight loss!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Which s shithole's post? I find them hugely entertaining
God, not her again. Her apathy is unbearable. And she only want cheerleaders, anyone who suggests she needs to pull her socks up rather than attention-seeking gets reported and deleted.

Reactions: 8
We've got another parent wanting to talk about the fact her 13 year old son has had sex
Just been reading that - I would bet my (not 6 figure) salary that the author is a perve, wanting anecdotes about underage teenagers having sex. Luckily for him, Mumsnetters have obliged with torrid tales of when they lost their own virginity. His wank fodder drawer will soon be full.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I see Noddy is being berated by Biwi for wanting to lose weight😬 and then Noddy pointed Biwi to this thread regarding the bananas and being a food Hitler

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I see Noddy is being berated by Biwi for wanting to lose weight😬 and then Noddy pointed Biwi to this thread regarding the bananas and being a food Hitler
Bloody hell, I just AS’d her and she’s as rude as duck on nearly every thread she’s on!
---
Aside: I thought Noddy had been banned?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.