Mumsnet #39 Chatbot or fatbot?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I recommend joining BIWI’s boot camp. Then you too can lose 4lb in 10 years.
If it worked you'd do it once and that would be it for all time and if it was that easy no one would fall of the wagon continuously and need endless bootcamps. Four lbs in ten years is about right.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
God I love reading that bootcamp thread... Generally while eating a McDonald's!

Does BIWI have a job? She must have a lot of time on her hands creating the spreadsheet and writing out the numerous rules.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I like big fat chip shop chips. During my pregnancies I always wanted zingy, carby hangover food...pizza, nachos (oh, nachos), chip shop chips, all that.

I'm veggie so I'm a bit limited on fast food, but the veggie stuff is all rubbish these days. BK used to do a lovely spicy beanburger but it's all crap now. Sad face.

Reactions: 4
I used to love BK beanburger
Yeah, it was really good back in the day. The one they do now is crap and the vegan fake chicken burger thing is even worse. A tasteless beige slab of despair.

The McDonald's veg burger is a bit better but only a bit. I wonder what happened.

Reactions: 3
I've had 3 mcdonalds in the past week. I'm gonna need a seat belt extender when I go on my holidays. #SizeJet2

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I like big fat chip shop chips. During my pregnancies I always wanted zingy, carby hangover food...pizza, nachos (oh, nachos), chip shop chips, all that.

I'm veggie so I'm a bit limited on fast food, but the veggie stuff is all rubbish these days. BK used to do a lovely spicy beanburger but it's all crap now. Sad face.
If you still have a Wimpy near you , their spicy beanburger is really lush ! Had one about 3 weeks back...

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I remember a friend doing the Atkins diet years ago and it made them bleeping stink. I think of them when I see the low carb saddos posting their lard and giblet stews, and I sit on my throne of potatoes and I laugh 🙏

• Haha
Reactions: 34

i also generally steer clear of fast food because veggie. But have seen the BK rice bowls and almost tempted to give them a try. Anyone know if they’re any good?

If you’re ever in Amsterdam get a veggie mcchicken sandwich. Utterly amazing, and almost indistinguishable from the real thing ( which probably says a lot about mcd’s “chicken” 😂).

I have no idea why they sell the crappy plant burgers when veggie mchickens exist.

I would definitely do a one veggie mcchicken a day diet…

Reactions: 2
If you're a size 12 or 14 and 5ft9 or 5ft10, what do you weigh?

Obviously OP is getting responses from people who are 5ft3 and 5ft5 who just had to come on and say how little they weigh
Gotta admit I was tempted to post I was five foot and weighed 6 stone and just don't know how to get rid of my flabby arms and thighs.

I'm not. I'm taller and size Samoa. I go on holiday to my first all inclusive this week and plan to eat a lot of... everything.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m a committed carnivore but it came to my attention (possibly via my daughter) that quorn not chicken nuggets are the closest frozen thing to an actual McNugget. And it’s true. They are.

Reactions: 4
Aw I thought it was really sweet the quote where he said people who see him eating his Big Mac think it's his first time because he's so happy. And his work colleagues get them for him when he's on a double shift, and his Mum and wife are ok with it all. I mean it's a bit weird but he's happy and 70 and been eating them since 1972 so ....
And I really fancy a Big Mac now, but one from 1985 when they were a delicious Mac Attack treat, not a disappointment of a husk in a brioche bun like they are recently 😥

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I’m also currently on a tui holiday and it’s bloody fantastic. Coach from the airport, pool, lovely buffet, parade of hot Italian waiters bringing me drinks. What’s not to like.
It’s grand isn’t it? I’ve already made my holiday buddy (a woman fatter than me so I look less elephantine in the photos) and I’m endeavouring to eat every single thing off the buffet that isn’t a massive salad 🥗

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Still prefer a whopper to a Big Mac, but McD’s is literally around the corner and BK a 20 minute drive. Boooo.
Obviously I order a massive salad and a water from both. Tinkly laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
When I was a young thing I used to go to the gym after work most days, and then dine healthily on a meal of Whopper and chip shop chips (BK was next to a chippie).

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.