Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ShopTilYouSlop

Chatty Member
That 3 course thread fucked me off so I ate 2 packets of hula hoops and I feel much happier. They’re such a miserable bunch, aren’t they? Joyless in every possible way.
One roast potato?! One????
If it's a MN roast potato, made with no fat and sprinkled liberally with despair and anxiety, one is all you'll want.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

ShopTilYouSlop

Chatty Member
The Vietnamese are teeny tiny though, even by teeny tiny mumsnet identifier standards, so as a Westerner, I look like a giant lumbering through the streets, brandishing my bag of chickennotreallychicken :D When I was last there, I saw a shop advertising "BIG LADY CLOTHES" and the largest size was a 14. A small 14 at that, although the label said XXXXXXXXXL.
My sister is 5'7" and a 12-14, 34C/D bust. She lost her luggage in Thailand and had to try to buy underwear. She tells a very funny story of all the petite Thai ladies gasping "But you are huge!" and frantically pulling out groundsheets and pillowcases. She says they weren't trying to be rude; they were just genuinely astounded at the task of fitting this mammoth creature, like Lilliputians meeting Gulliver.

I'm a 32HH and I'm terrified to go there in case I get mistaken for an army missile.

• Haha

ShopTilYouSlop

Chatty Member
If I was in the forest and a six foot wraith with long black hair and clown sized feet approached me I think I’d shit bricks.
Don't worry, sounds like it would trip over the tits. Assuming it could stand up at all with them. Maybe that's why it lives in the woods and goes cold water swimming...it's actually a string with two buoys.

• Haha

50degreesnorth

VIP Member
D5C4F295-7BCB-4167-A3F2-02809B2017A6.jpeg
Typing on my £2k MacBook and my big house in London, I’m worried that my minimum-wage employee might give me the poors. It makes me feel uncomfortable- but I don’t know why. <head tilt>

Marie Antoinette (French) reincarnated 2024.

I bet it’s a fucking Quencha and not even a Berghaus. 😔

• Haha
  • Sad

holasun

Yeah yeah yeah Hola! We all know about your arse domestos obsession 😂
Bloody hell do you think I'm made of money??
I go for the cheap gallon bleach bottles. Although, if I'm feeling fancy, one scented like "tropical sunset" or similar. Makes me feel like my arse has been on holiday.

• Haha
  • Heart

CrimsonCountess

VIP Member
Well some of us don't even have arms to be able to use an iron and yet you are all showing off about it. I'm logging it with 111 immediately

• Haha

50degreesnorth

VIP Member
I didn’t go to university 😒 should I even be on MN?
Have you been masquerading as a medic all this time? 🤬 I’m going to get a free half hour with a solicitor to discuss this. Obviously not my lawyer husband as he doesn’t work for free - but I’m sure there are loads of solicitors who work for free and give out useful advice and official letters. My husband wouldn’t work for free as he’s very important - think London Bridge.

Christ I’ve had an awful thought. If @doctordoctor used that name on MN she’d be inundated with flange pics.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Couldn't resist doing a search on AFSB.
They apparently have a fear of beards.
I bet they do.
Terrified lest the bugger grows back.

• Haha

Serene Serena

VIP Member
I can honestly say that I've never been sent a dick pic in my life.
Then again, I'm not on any OLD sites. Maybe I ought to join a few to see how many I get sent, then I can score them using a bingo type card.
The only dick pic I have seen is the one Christian Horner sent to his PA and there's still a debate going on as to whether it's his winkie or pinkie.

• Haha

orangehead

VIP Member
One asking how she can get her shopping under 1K for a month for 2 adults, 2 teenage boys and 2 dogs.
The usual mix of batch cooking, bulk out with lentils etc.
And one really helpful one simply states she wouldnt have 2 dogs.
How did she think that was helpful.
Can people not solve their own problems? Rehome the dogs, get the kids adopted, divorce the husband, downsize to a smaller home, get a better paid job and your shopping will be less. Simple.

• Haha

orangehead

VIP Member
Mine was a bbq too! No bridesmaids and childfree. MN would have kittens.
That’s really selfish, a wedding is a joining of families and that includes children.
Why do you hate children?
Why do you hate vegetarians and vegans?
Why even bother to get married? It’s just a piece of paper.
No bridesmaids? Don’t you care about your family and friends?
I couldn’t have bridesmaids because everyone I know has died so you’re selfish for not having them.

• Haha

Sunlifeover50

VIP Member
Is it your housekeeper’s tiny thong that had fallen out of DHs suit pocket?
I’m not that stupid- after BIL ran off with the Swedish au pair all our staff have to be 168 months older than me and stick to a strict diet of carbs. I did once catch the lady who does my laundry eyeing up my large salad so gave her 2 weeks notice and changed the locks.

• Haha

bread-pitt

Chatty Member
Breathing is so working class. Just turn that oxygen machine off. Next she’ll be complaining that the neighbor eats.

• Haha

yessenia_d

Chatty Member
They’re actually lovely! Dates stuffed with nuts and sealed back up with chocolate are really nice too. I do love frozen grapes as well though 😂 I’m not size Japanese or size French though (maybe both put together 😂) so that’s not diet advice!
---
My friend made some recently for Eid and they were amazing. Good enough to make me nix my lifelong "but what are dates good for?" shower thought.

Ou est le banque?
The sum total of the French I remember from school, Along with the word oiseau (bird) because it was similar enough to wazzock to amuse me.

Cultured I am not.
The only French thing I can say perfectly (full on French accent with all the nasal-y and gargle-y stuff) is L'Arc de Triomphe. To English speakers it sounds like I've got a wicked hacking cough, but French speakers in the vicinity come running as fast as their little baguette legs can carry them.

• Haha