Mumsnet #37 Wipe down my cucumber and sanitise my Hovis, I need to get my dicks in a row!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We had not just a Vegas wedding, but got married at The Tunnel of Love (drive-thru), with the taxi driver as one of the witnesses. My Scottish husband’s choice. I think just heard a MNer keeling over in disgust.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
We had not just a Vegas wedding, but got married at The Tunnel of Love (drive-thru), with the taxi driver as one of the witnesses. My Scottish husband’s choice. I think just heard a MNer keeling over in disgust.
What do you think they’re most disgusted by? The vegas wedding or the Scottish husband? I’ll go with a 50/50 split.

Someone posted a few years ago about something to do with their kids and someone asked why they weren’t at school and someone said maybe they’re Scottish because the school holidays were different and the person who asked why the kids at school replied ‘that doesn’t count’…

• Haha
Reactions: 24
What do you think they’re most disgusted by? The vegas wedding or the Scottish husband? I’ll go with a 50/50 split.

Someone posted a few years ago about something to do with their kids and someone asked why they weren’t at school and someone said maybe they’re Scottish because the school holidays were different and the person who asked why the kids at school replied ‘that doesn’t count’…
I think because a Scottish guy marrying an American in the tackiest city ever is probably a MN trifecta. We wouldn’t even need to mention my wedding outfit.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I think because a Scottish guy marrying an American in the tackiest city ever is probably a MN trifecta. We wouldn’t even need to mention my wedding outfit.
If you consummated the marriage we will need to inform every dcoroner in the land that women dying from exploded heads or clutching their pearls too tightly are just mners who have found out about your life 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Quite enjoying this one…..lots of calling out of the mn MASSIVE salad and hollow legged teen DSs….wonder how many Tattlers are on there 😂 Also, calling out the competitive under eaters 😃
IMG_0977.png

---
Quite enjoying this one…..lots of calling out of the mn MASSIVE salad and hollow legged teen DSs….wonder how many Tattlers are on there 😂 Also, calling out the competitive under eaters 😃
IMG_0977.png
BTW…. battery life is giving me the fear but can’t be arsed going next door for my charger 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m enjoying the “cringing about COVID” thread. The sanctimonious witches! Most of them saying they didn’t join in any of the clapping, ignored all the “rooolz”, didn’t like Captain Tom, went on 25 walks an hour, because “I knew it was all unnecessary”. If I had more time on my hands I’d do a few advanced searches to see what they were saying at the time. Guaranteed they were full paid-up members of the shopping washers and are still eating their way through a million boxes of noodles.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
If you consummated the marriage we will need to inform every dcoroner in the land that women dying from exploded heads or clutching their pearls too tightly are just mners who have found out about your life 😂
MNers idea of an American breakfast. Which is wrong.
Everyone knows the breakfast gun goes on the left.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I’m enjoying the “cringing about COVID” thread. The sanctimonious witches! Most of them saying they didn’t join in any of the clapping, ignored all the “rooolz”, didn’t like Captain Tom, went on 25 walks an hour, because “I knew it was all unnecessary”. If I had more time on my hands I’d do a few advanced searches to see what they were saying at the time. Guaranteed they were full paid-up members of the shopping washers and are still eating their way through a million boxes of noodles.
Absolutely! The ones accusing anyone of being murderous for accidentally walking up the supermarket aisle the “wrong” direction 🙄 My neighbour across the road road used to be seen taking delivery of her (copious amount of) takeaways by wearing her oven gloves, face mask and a shower cap 🤣🤣 Absolute roaster!

Speaking of Covid, I work in a niche but outing health sector (think occupational health) and the calls we used to get blew my mind. One woman called up at the height of the first wave asking if it was okay to sleep in a bed that someone slept in 5 days before but who’d had Covid 🙄 (here’s an idea….if you’re that concerned then use a couple of brain cells and change the bleeping sheets instead of wasting my time 🤣) Clearly not a MNer as their sheets would’ve been changed every 2nd day pre-Covid!

• Haha
  • Wow
There’s so much hypocrisy on that thread and I bet they’ve all name changed so we can’t prove they were reporting their neighbours to the police for walking the dog twice a day and jet washing their groceries with neat bleach.

Also the clapping - people I know who work for the DNHS found it gratifying

• Haha
I could never admit it on MN of course but to begin with I found the clapping/pot banging for the NHS very emotional. It made me feel like we were all in it together and I thought it was a lovely sentiment. Of course we know we weren't all in it together now but at the time it felt like a good thing to do!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I could never admit it on MN of course but to begin with I found the clapping/pot banging for the NHS very emotional. It made me feel like we were all in it together and I thought it was a lovely sentiment. Of course we know we weren't all in it together now but at the time it felt like a good thing to do!
I found it emotional too, and it was a tiny bit of social interaction with other people, calling over to our neighbours and waving at the old fella across the street banging his tambourine, when nothing else was happening and lots of people were completely isolated.

Mumsnetters don’t get on with their neighbours though and have no friends and are NC with family and think the DNHS is tit anyway and nurses and doctors were just doing their job for VERY good money etc etc so why should they be getting weekly applause?

Reactions: 15
For a start they would have had to open their door to go out and clap and we know how much the thought of that horrifies them

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Is it just me pr does there seem to be an alarming number of husbands on dating sites or simply cheating with other women on Mumsnet? So many threads where the wife has found messages on his phone/tablet. I can't access my husband's phone, it's facial recognition, as is mine. He's currently watching the Westham game and his phone is constantly buzzing, and I'm pretty sure it's his footie mad mates providing their own running commentary on the match. On the other hand, he could have a secret dating profile and being inundated with messages from the OW :eek:

Maybe I'm being naïve but there must be other signs your DH is playing away from home (good football analogy eh?) than messages to and from another woman? In the many, many threads about cheating husbands, it always comes as a complete surprise.

If it turns out my DH is a cheating scumbag and isn't having a live online convo with his mates, I shall have to get my poultry in logical formation forthwith.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Is it just me pr does there seem to be an alarming number of husbands on dating sites or simply cheating with other women on Mumsnet? So many threads where the wife has found messages on his phone/tablet. I can't access my husband's phone, it's facial recognition, as is mine. He's currently watching the Westham game and his phone is constantly buzzing, and I'm pretty sure it's his footie mad mates providing their own running commentary on the match. On the other hand, he could have a secret dating profile and being inundated with messages from the OW :eek:

Maybe I'm being naïve but there must be other signs your DH is playing away from home (good football analogy eh?) than messages to and from another woman? In the many, many threads about cheating husbands, it always comes as a complete surprise.

If it turns out my DH is a cheating scumbag and isn't having a live online convo with his mates, I shall have to get my poultry in logical formation forthwith.
I always wonder if a lot of those are made up tbh. They always seem to encourage the pom pom waving cheerleaders who like to scream LTB, keep your powder dry, hire a private detective, put an air tag in his car, see a solicitor for a free half hour so you can get your share, assemble your waterfowl in a linear fashion etc etc

They really love a multi-thread about a break up too, so they can come up with a "funny" name for the ex to be and be entertained by outlandish situations happening and culminating in the ex getting his just desserts. Or am I too cynical?

Reactions: 14

I don’t believe it’s a complete surprise to them because if they didn’t suspect why check his phone? My husband went for a nap the other day and his phone was plugged into the computer transferring stuff in the same room as me while he napped. I know his PIN but the phone was unlocked anyway but I didn’t look through it because I don’t have any concerns he’s cheating, if I did I might have looked. So I think they’re looking for a reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I always wonder if a lot of those are made up tbh. They always seem to encourage the pom pom waving cheerleaders who like to scream LTB, keep your powder dry, hire a private detective, put an air tag in his car, see a solicitor for a free half hour so you can get your share, assemble your waterfowl in a linear fashion etc etc

They really love a multi-thread about a break up too, so they can come up with a "funny" name for the ex to be and be entertained by outlandish situations happening and culminating in the ex getting his just desserts. Or am I too cynical?
There's one on there at the moment with cheerleaders assembled at the ready. OP is not going to tell DH she knows he is cheating because they are away for the weekend celebrating one of the DC's birthdays and she doesn't want to spoil it. Considering she's updating the thread really frequently (assuming they really are on a weekend break) then her husband probably thinks she's also having an affair, because she's constantly typing on her phone.

I don't understand how people have the time free to run these saga threads, not when they claim to have children as well. When do they have time to batch cook and shop for sister wife dresses?

• Haha
There's one on there at the moment with cheerleaders assembled at the ready. OP is not going to tell DH she knows he is cheating because they are away for the weekend celebrating one of the DC's birthdays and she doesn't want to spoil it. Considering she's updating the thread really frequently (assuming they really are on a weekend break) then her husband probably thinks she's also having an affair, because she's constantly typing on her phone.

I don't understand how people have the time free to run these saga threads, not when they claim to have children as well. When do they have time to batch cook and shop for sister wife dresses?
I’ve just read the ops posts on that one and she actually is having an affair so if her husband sees her typing on Mumsnet loads and checks her phone, he’ll find out! Or maybe he has a thread running around elsewhere about how he knows his wife is having an affair but he isn’t confronting her yet and has started an affair of his own. What a tangled web!

• Haha
I’ve just read the ops posts on that one and she actually is having an affair so if her husband sees her typing on Mumsnet loads and checks her phone, he’ll find out! Or maybe he has a thread running around elsewhere about how he knows his wife is having an affair but he isn’t confronting her yet and has started an affair of his own. What a tangled web!
Oh bless her, she's trying to get the thread deleted now

Where is the report button please?

I still think it's made up.

Reactions: 4
They're obsessed with their husband/partner's phones over there.

I know my partner's pin and he knows mine. We leave our phones lying around all the time. If his work phones beeps when he's in another room, I might glance at it in case it's anything urgent (he works for himself so the phone constantly beeps) but otherwise I'm not bothered and I doubt he's ever looked at mine either, though I couldn't care less if he does.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.