Mumsnet #37 Wipe down my cucumber and sanitise my Hovis, I need to get my dicks in a row!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't how some of them are claiming to now even have been apart for one hour from their baby in their first year. What if they have a medical appointment themselves? Or drinks with friends? We did leave baby with grandparents for a week whilst on holiday abroad, she loved it, grandparents loved, we had an amazing holiday - baby is now 16 and healthy, happy, well adjusted and we have a great relationship, did no harm to anyone.
They take the children with them to medical appointments, hairdressers, Michelin star restaurants, anywhere really! there’s threads on there about it all the time with some people saying it’s not ok and others saying tough because they won’t/can’t leave their children.

And they don’t see any friends who aren’t willing to go to soft play with them so usually they lose all their friends who are childfree, childless, have older children, have younger children, have disabled children, don’t want to go to soft play or don’t have the money to go to soft play. And then they start a thread complaining about them.

Reactions: 11
Isn’t there that pic of Peaches Geldoff on her phone walking along and she accidentally tips her baby out on to the street 😅 she didn’t even put down the phone she just hastily shoved the baby back in and carried on.

Mumsnetters are always boasting about how many times their baby fell off the bed so maybe that’s attachment parenting to them 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Ours was £7k a few years ago, I bleeping loved it and it was worth every penny. But we did have a barn reception and a BBQ and I know most mumsnetters come out in hives at the mere thought of that kind of wedding. Oh and my bridesmaids wore black dresses

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I left my baby for several hours to go to a football match and he was only 4 weeks old! (Not on his own, with my mum)

I never bought Peaches Geldof and her attachment bollocks. She left them kids plenty when sneaking up to the attic for her smack.

But there are many MN martyrs. Would do anything for their kids apart from booting out abusive and lazy men of course.

Reactions: 16
Only on mumsnet is £200 too much to spend on your own wedding
View attachment 2898662
That must have been further back than the 80s. I got married early 80s and our (very intimate - think 16 guests) wedding cost way more than that.

I've been to an inexpensive wedding. It was in a community centre, the aunties provided the buffet, and the uncles provided the bar. It was an absolutely fantastic night.

That wedding lives long in the memories of all those who were there - almost fifty years ago!

It certainly lives much longer than the posh hotel or castle events that are sooooo production-line in their presentation and effect on the memory.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Tbf someone did say you can leave your kids cos once they're 16 they'll have to leave home anyway 😅😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ours was £7k a few years ago, I bleeping loved it and it was worth every penny. But we did have a barn reception and a BBQ and I know most mumsnetters come out in hives at the mere thought of that kind of wedding. Oh and my bridesmaids wore black dresses
Mine was a bbq too! No bridesmaids and childfree. MN would have kittens.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
That must have been further back than the 80s. I got married early 80s and our (very intimate - think 16 guests) wedding cost way more than that.

I've been to an inexpensive wedding. It was in a community centre, the aunties provided the buffet, and the uncles provided the bar. It was an absolutely fantastic night.

That wedding lives long in the memories of all those who were there - almost fifty years ago!

It certainly lives much longer than the posh hotel or castle events that are sooooo production-line in their presentation and effect on the memory.
Our family's had loads of do's like that and we've all really enjoyed them over the years

• Heart
Reactions: 4
That’s so unfair. My Persephone would love to be your bridesmaid and skip down the aisle behind you AND she’s breastfed. I’m sure you’ll make an exception for me because breastfed.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Feel it’s right to report that after all our ironing chat recently I was inspired by @doctordoctor and attacked my ironing pile. Now did I finish the task? No. But it’s a less monstrous pile now!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
That’s really selfish, a wedding is a joining of families and that includes children.
Why do you hate children?
Why do you hate vegetarians and vegans?
Why even bother to get married? It’s just a piece of paper.
No bridesmaids? Don’t you care about your family and friends?
I couldn’t have bridesmaids because everyone I know has died so you’re selfish for not having them.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Your day, organise it as you wish. BUT, you must take my exceptionalism (breastfeeding, veganism, inability to tolerate cooking smells, wear semi-casual outfits, and fear of fire) into account otherwise you're a selfish, self-centred bridezilla (or groomzilla)!
---
Oh, yeah, and I'd like a refund for Petronella's flowergirl outfit and the (designer) hat and breastfeeding dress I bought for this 'wedding' of yours.

After you've made the refund, consider yourself NC'd forevermore!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Isn’t there that pic of Peaches Geldoff on her phone walking along and she accidentally tips her baby out on to the street 😅 she didn’t even put down the phone she just hastily shoved the baby back in and carried on.

Mumsnetters are always boasting about how many times their baby fell off the bed so maybe that’s attachment parenting to them 🤷🏻‍♀️
Peaches Geldof was the worst example of attachment parenting ever, particularly when she died. That poor baby boy was on his own, in a separate room, for hours. I know she was ill with an addiction, but she did a good job of making ordinary mothers feel like a bag of tit for not wanting their children with them 24/7, while she was alive.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Peaches Geldof was the worst example of attachment parenting ever, particularly when she died. That poor baby boy was on his own, in a separate room, for hours. I know she was ill with an addiction, but she did a good job of making ordinary mothers feel like a bag of tit for not wanting their children with them 24/7, while she was alive.
I had no idea she was even held up as a beacon of attachment parenting, I mean where did that even come from?! Weird what they vilify on there and what they don’t. I said I had a couple of glasses of wine of an evening when my baby was a newborn and I was home alone with him (not breastfed and didn’t even co sleep) and I was basically Myra Hindley and should be locked up and have my baby regifted to a family that would never put him in such mortal peril by drinking WINE whilst in sole charge. Yet Peaches could have a bit of smack and lob her baby out onto the pavement and that’s apparently ok 😅

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
The site is such a bore now, threads constantly deleted because they’re created by trolls and 100 people took the bait.

Reactions: 8
I had a lockdown wedding, 15 guests, I wore a red dress and my baby boy was 6 months old at the time, in the tiniest tuxedo ever seen. He threw up down my back, the little tit, so all wedding photos (eight of them) are taken from the front :D :D I'm glad it was during the pandemic because if I was getting married now, there would be arguments over which particular cousins and aunties and various long term friends should be invited.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.