Mumsnet #37 Wipe down my cucumber and sanitise my Hovis, I need to get my dicks in a row!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Errr???

To want this man to leave our garden?
0 replies

KeenNavyKoala · Today 22:11
2 days ago a man set up a tent in our garden. We went out in the morning and then we got home later he was just there in the garden with his tent up, he claims he got in to our garden by climbing over a neighbours fence and then our fence. He is refusing to leave and the police won't do anything because they say that trespassing is a civil matter. How we get rid of him? We don't want this man in our garden. I don't understand why the police can't make him leave, they just said they couldn't as trespassing is apparently a civil matter. The man doesn't spend the whole day in our garden but his tent is there all day, he comes in and out of the garden by climbing over both our fence and a neighbours fence. He claims that he is homeless and doesn't have anywhere to live but this doesn't mean that he can just stay in our garden. He has made a mess as well, all around is tent is just rubbish (cans, bottles, glass, crisp packets etc) that he has left there. We have no Idea how to get rid of him because we thought that the police would make him leave. The man is saying that even if we just get rid of his tent when he's not here then he will just get a new tent and come back anyway. I'm livid and so is DH but we don't know what we can do, the man is also threatening to call the police if we try to make him leave as well so I think he would call for the police for criminal damage or something like that if we were to just get rid of his tent. It is meaning that the the kids can't go in the garden either because this man is here and won't leave, we are all at the end of our tether with him and it's only been 2 days but we don't know what we can do to get him to leave. AIBU to want this man to leave our garden? He is also threatening legal action if we try to force him to leave in any way or if we try to move his tent.
It's a squatter on their land , without the owners or Landlords permission. Police have to evict/ move on , by Law. The MN poster full well knows this......

Reactions: 11
It's a squatter on their land , without the owners or Landlords permission. Police have to evict/ move on , by Law. The MN poster full well knows this......
To be fair they closed the thread down pretty quickly 😂 I mean very obviously a troll who the held would want to camp out on a MNers lawn…. “Tinkly laugh”

• Haha
Reactions: 9
😃😃 I'm surprised there hasn't been a " somebody has stolen the tyres off of our Horsebox " thread , blaming chavs in secondhand Subaru's 😃😃

• Haha
Reactions: 9
😃😃 I'm surprised there hasn't been a " somebody has stolen the tyres off of our Horsebox " thread , blaming chavs in secondhand Subaru's 😃😃
I've got a twenty-year-old second hand Subaru Forester...

It keeps passing its MoT. As someone on another forum said "it's a Subaru. It'll probably outlast the sun exploding". I've also seen it described as "a farmer's car". Great loading, four wheel drive, two litre engine, cruise control, sun roof, retrofitted stereo, front and back dash cams. Fits the dogs in nicely. Perfect for those of us who genuinely live rurally rather than Crumbs' version of rural.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
How's a homeless man going to:
- keep buying and replacing his tent if they take his existing one
- go through the legal action he's threatening

I have many more questions, but importantly is he Korean?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The woman should have just told the squatter she’s a Mumsnetter, that would have had him running for the hills…

• Haha
Reactions: 17
That’s pretty insensitive. 😔 My mum died years ago and I wish she were still alive to brush her hair.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
That’s pretty insensitive. 😔 My mum died years ago and I wish she were still alive to brush her hair.
Screenshotting this to send to my 12 year old daughter to let her know she will one day miss the days of me dragging a brush through her rats tails every morning (and giving her a cheeky accidental wallop on the head with the brush when she tries to pull away).

• Haha
Reactions: 18

It keeps passing its MoT. As someone on another forum said "it's a Subaru. It'll probably outlast the sun exploding". I've also seen it described as "a farmer's car". Great loading, four wheel drive, two litre engine, cruise control, sun roof, retrofitted stereo, front and back dash cams. Fits the dogs in nicely. Perfect for those of us who genuinely live rurally rather than Crumbs' version of rural.
Oh come on Blurp, we've seen you wrapping up sheep in fairy lights and having kitchen sups with the vicar 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I do miss Crumbs and rural fantasies. I wonder where she's gone? I haven't seen her posting in ages.
Me too, although I don't miss her dangerous medical advice. Crumbs was just so hilarious, I loved her summer and winter sitting rooms, her worms and Tony Blair story and her 6 perfect children, each more gifted than the last 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Someone on S&B asking where to get ‘feminine linen trouser suits’. Erm, try women’s shops you daft cow

• Haha
Reactions: 19

My cousin loves her Forester , she won't change it 😃😎

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Why are there so many AMAs on there today?
Maybe I should do one:
Working mother, really quite stressed out: AMA

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Someone on S&B asking where to get ‘feminine linen trouser suits’. Erm, try women’s shops you daft cow
S&B is full of them. Someone was asking the other day whether it was “OK” to wear bootcut jeans.

If I weren’t banned I’d have told her to never feed them after midnight and not get them wet.

I just find it incomprehensible that you’d need to check with internet strangers whether you “can” wear a certain item of clothing or not. Their self-esteem must be in the gutter.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I bought a salad for lunch and was shocked to see what was basically a plastic bowl of lettuce was classed as 2 servings.
Made me wonder if this is the fabled MN massive salad.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I bought a salad for lunch and was shocked to see what was basically a plastic bowl of lettuce was classed as 2 servings.
Made me wonder if this is the fabled MN massive salad.
A plastic bowl of salad? That’s basically a ready meal (think poor people, fat people, UPFs, diabetes, DNHS’s knees…). To be a true MN Dsalad it has to be made “from scratch” with the lettuce leaves washed by the tears of newborn lambs, and tomatoes ripened by the glow of the celestial angels.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Why are there so many AMAs on there today?
Maybe I should do one:
Working mother, really quite stressed out: AMA
Why did you have children? *head tilt*

Can’t you just do a course and get a better job? *head tilt*

• Haha
Reactions: 15
On the subject of what home decor trend you hate: I wonder what their reaction would be if I told them I can’t stand Farrow and Ball paint. Had a look at it when I was redecorating and Christ I’ve never seen such a boring, beige set of colours, it makes sense that mumsnetters love it so much.

Also, a painter mannie on YouTube said it was shite quality, and in YouTube painter mannie I trust 🫡

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.