Mumsnet #37 Wipe down my cucumber and sanitise my Hovis, I need to get my dicks in a row!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I skipped a year in school and went to university much too young, I was only 20 when I graduated. However, one of our tutors did all his tutorials in the Union bar, so at least I learned how to drink as well as lots about mediaeval poetry. Mumsnet would have had a fit if it had existed: my parents never visited, and I had GRANT.
TBH I would think that medieval poetry is best learned while quaffing.

I used to be able to recite great chunks of Beowulf, and still, when in my cups, will occasionally declaim, to the great boredom and Oh-Christ-she's-off-again-ness fascination and respect of everyone within earshot. I do Shakespeare, too - the Archbishop of Canterbury's* speeches on Salic law to Henry V justifying Hal's right to the French throne are particularly loathed popular.

*My role in the school play. I was shyte.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
1713951426483.png

I was really looking forward to reading all the judgy comments from people saying it's a massive portion, but no it's just someone asking if her life is too busy

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I'm bowing my head in shame here but I went to a.... secretarial college I am lower than the lowest of the very low.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Never went to college, my mum couldnt afford it after putting my sister through it.
They would accept me on MN though as I only speak to said sister at Christmas and thats only because Im there when she rings my brother.

• Haha
We've got an epic drip feed today - 18 year old pocket money amount

Said 18 year old is in education and works part time earning a minimum of £600 a month, paying no rent or food money but does cover their own driving lessons and fun money. OP wants to know how much pocket money should be given

Obviously everyone is up in arms about how anyone could even think of giving an 18 year old any money

He's 18 not 15 ! Crikey absolutely no money whatsoever

He should be paying you!

He's an adult with a job. So nothing! I was paying my mum rent at that age when I was working.

Obviously nothing??? He’s an adult, he should be paying you!

OP then goes on to say that actually he doesn't live with them he lives with his mum, her husband is paying child maintenance and they want to know if they should keep giving anything when it ends soon. WHY NOT SAY THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE!? Now all she's been given is a load of irrelevant advice that doesn't even relate to the situation. And obviously people haven't read her next post so they are all chiming in with the same 'give him nothing, in fact why haven't you kicked him out yet??'
lol I bet that’s blown their minds.

From he’s an adult with a job, he can support himself, he should be paying you, to he’s a child living with his mum, you should be paying ALL your money to his mum until he’s 30 as she will need to support him through uni, masters, PhD, etc etc. She’ll have heat and light to pay, and fill his hollow legs, and keep a room for him while he’s at uni. And why aren’t you paying for half his driving lessons, you should be paying half of all his costs.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
No uni here either. Just 2 NVQ's in floristry which i earned at an agricultural college on day release from my apprenticeship in a shop, mixing with young pig farmers in training and the constant smell of tit in the air. Ahhhh the 90's were fab!

• Heart
  • Haha
I went to a Russell Group university but not one of the 3 MN-approved ones!

Although I only found that out many years after graduating when I looked up what this random “Russell Group” was that MN kept banging on about.
Who is Russell *head tilt’ I usually read encyclopaedias not celebrity gossip magazines so I’ve never heard of him.
---
View attachment 2894310
I was really looking forward to reading all the judgy comments from people saying it's a massive portion, but no it's just someone asking if her life is too busy
I’m surprised she’s still alive, her thread about whether she should breathe in and out must’ve been really helpful for her 🙄 How can you possibly not know your own self if your own life is too busy for your own self. You are you! Your life is your life! Idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Do you think they'd let me back on MN if they realised I'm a double graduate from a Russell Group (BSc and MRes) and currently about to start a PhD... :ROFLMAO: although I spent almost all my free time at uni visiting my friends at home (was only 30 mins down the road and used to hide in the toilet to avoid the train fare) as the people I got lumped in with were absolute stuck up knobs (they're probably all on MN as we speak!). The only friends I made at uni were actually ones who went to the poly in the same city...

Reactions: 5
Graphic photo. Desperate. Possible thrombosed hemerroid? I literally want to go to A&E

Something is telling me that I really don't want to click on that thread:oops:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Do you think they'd let me back on MN if they realised I'm a double graduate from a Russell Group (BSc and MRes) and currently about to start a PhD... :ROFLMAO: although I spent almost all my free time at uni visiting my friends at home (was only 30 mins down the road and used to hide in the toilet to avoid the train fare) as the people I got lumped in with were absolute stuck up knobs (they're probably all on MN as we speak!). The only friends I made at uni were actually ones who went to the poly in the same city...
I’ve already told you, despite being size French and very clever, you’ll never be a mumsnetter until you buy a hessian frock from Sister Jane and style it with mill girl boots, in the height of summer.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think MN is trolling me as for some reason when I go there every board is stuck on OP view - for reference, this also shows you pictures. After nearly throwing up when confronted with the recent possible tapeworm, I am no longer clicking on the health board to protect myself …

• Sick
Reactions: 8
I’ve already told you, despite being size French and very clever, you’ll never be a mumsnetter until you buy a hessian frock from Sister Jane and style it with mill girl boots, in the height of summer.
And go NC with everyone you know.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think MN is trolling me as for some reason when I go there every board is stuck on OP view - for reference, this also shows you pictures. After nearly throwing up when confronted with the recent possible tapeworm, I am no longer clicking on the health board to protect myself …
Still havent learned not to read this while eating lunch.
Gone right off those noodles now.🤑

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm bowing my head in shame here but I went to a.... secretarial college I am lower than the lowest of the very low.
My Nan wanted me to go to secretarial college. She thought it would be a good career path for the teenage rebel I was, and I might marry my boss. I went to uni instead, studied economics and married a skint student. My best memories are making pot noodle sandwiches and drinking Shite Lightening whilst debating which one out of the Libertines I would shag.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.