Mumsnet #37 Wipe down my cucumber and sanitise my Hovis, I need to get my dicks in a row!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ex polytechnic university here - might as well have not bothered according to MN.
@PsychoKitty I had to just google what a PRU is :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Went to uni in my 40’s as I spent my sixth form years 1983-195 bunking off to sit outside Marc Almonds fan club in Soho and snogging unsuitable boys from the Poly over the road . So got D’s in my exams 😂. No regrets 🙌 . Without the snogging boys issue I managed to get 2 degrees and I’m now a psychotherapist !

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Went to uni in my 40’s as I spent my sixth form years 1983-195 bunking off to sit outside Marc Almonds fan club in Soho and snogging unsuitable boys from the Poly over the road . So got D’s in my exams 😂. No regrets 🙌 . Without the snogging boys issue I managed to get 2 degrees and I’m now a psychotherapist !
I ❤ Marc Almond.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Last day of my AI holiday. Thoughts & prayers I can get into my flying comfies after eating pastries for breakfast everyday. On topic - husband and I spent a few drunken evenings gazing at exotic fauna and talking about what we should have done at uni instead of humanities. In my parallel universe I'd be making six figures in the fishing industry off the back of Atlantic sardines. Or hunched over a desk in a sack dress studying turkey vultures, making sixpence but happy.

Relevant: Quebecois are the rudest people I've ever seen! And majorly sized North American. Stick it MN

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I picked my uni (really a college because, y'know, je suis americaine *gasp*) because they gave me a buttload of money to attend there as I was a "legacy" student. Also, it's a really good school and I could live at home (rent free! The actual horror, my mum didn't kick me out the day I turned 18). Picking it based on name or "status" was definitely not in my budget lol. Probably why I don't earn six figs now.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
How could you ever earn 6 figures if you didn't go to Uni??? 🤣
A friend's husband has a postgraduate degree but no undergraduate degree! He did an apprenticeship with Marconi back in the very early years of IT and worked for them for several years. When he was made redundant, he considered getting a degree from a local university as every job seemed to require it. The university department looked at all the stuff he had done, worked out that he knew far more and was working at a higher level than their graduates and put him straight into the postgraduate degree.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Someone's started a thread...what home decor trends do you hate? Or similar.
Always descends into an opportunity to slag off anything thought to be common or working class.
Grey interiors
Velvet sofas
Mirror furniture
Live laugh love signs

Oh how awful!!

Reactions: 10
Always descends into an opportunity to slag off anything thought to be common or working class.
Grey interiors
Velvet sofas
Mirror furniture
Live laugh love signs

Oh how awful!!
A good rule of thumb is if the women of mumsnet hate something, it’s probably either fun or delicious.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Grey interiors
Velvet sofas
Mirror furniture
Live laugh love signs

Oh how awful!!
Have to say, when I was house hunting around 2017 I ended up hating feature walls with a passion. Not my taste, but I never minded them. Until every bleeping house I went in had at least one feature wall. Some in every bleeping room. Always a variation on the same, B&Q must have had a limited selection.

The thought of wallpaper stripping and repapering, added to the fact I don’t like paper, much prefer paint which can easily be refreshed or changed.

I very nearly said to the agent no more properties with feature bloody walls.

Reactions: 8
The Russell Group didn’t even exist until the 90s as an idea and it only made itself formal years after that. It’s just a thing that some research-driven universities found to differentiate themselves from ‘new’ universities and beyond being the obvious MN shortcut for ‘my child is terribly clever’, Russell Group isn’t particularly a guarantee that you’re on the best course for anything.
Dahling, most of them are new universities. 😁

We used to be awfully snotty about Edinburgh - who thought themselves the bee's knees - as they weren't allowed into the Scottish Ancient Universities (St Andrews, Glasgow and Aberdeen) v English Ancient Universities (Oxford and Cambridge) debate as they were post-Reformation in 1583 and not founded by papal bull. 😂😂😂😂 (However, some count Edinburgh and sometimes Dundee, thanks to its origins as a college of St Andrews, as ancient due to their governance.) Mind you, I also went to Robert Gordon when it was a Central Institution before it became a university in 1992 so covered both ends of the spectrum 😁.
---
My brother’s friend in Australia got a recipe and attempted to make rowies. Long story short, he had to buy a new oven.
I think I need the long story.
---
Grey interiors
Velvet sofas
Mirror furniture
Live laugh love signs

Oh how awful!!
What board is it on, please? I want to tick off everything I've got in my house.
---
PS Aberdonians point out that they had two universities in their city (King's College 1495, Marischal College 1593, merged 1860) while the whole of England only had two (Oxford and Cambridge). Robert Gordon just restored the city's status quo after 132 years. 😉😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Dahling, most of them are new universities. 😁

We used to be awfully snotty about Edinburgh - who thought themselves the bee's knees - as they weren't allowed into the Scottish Ancient Universities (St Andrews, Glasgow and Aberdeen) v English Ancient Universities (Oxford and Cambridge) debate as they were post-Reformation in 1583 and not founded by papal bull. 😂😂😂😂 (However, some count Edinburgh and sometimes Dundee, thanks to its origins as a college of St Andrews, as ancient due to their governance.) Mind you, I also went to Robert Gordon when it was a Central Institution before it became a university in 1992 so covered both ends of the spectrum 😁.
---

I think I need the long story.
---

What board is it on, please? I want to tick off everything I've got in my house.
---
PS Aberdonians point out that they had two universities in their city (King's College 1495, Marischal College 1593, merged 1860) while the whole of England only had two (Oxford and Cambridge). Robert Gordon just restored the city's status quo after 132 years. 😉😁
Its on property/diy methinks

Reactions: 1
This has got to be a wind up, seriously?

Along with the poster complaining her partner makes their child laugh too much. Sour bake is probably jealous

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Errr???

To want this man to leave our garden?
0 replies

KeenNavyKoala · Today 22:11
2 days ago a man set up a tent in our garden. We went out in the morning and then we got home later he was just there in the garden with his tent up, he claims he got in to our garden by climbing over a neighbours fence and then our fence. He is refusing to leave and the police won't do anything because they say that trespassing is a civil matter. How we get rid of him? We don't want this man in our garden. I don't understand why the police can't make him leave, they just said they couldn't as trespassing is apparently a civil matter. The man doesn't spend the whole day in our garden but his tent is there all day, he comes in and out of the garden by climbing over both our fence and a neighbours fence. He claims that he is homeless and doesn't have anywhere to live but this doesn't mean that he can just stay in our garden. He has made a mess as well, all around is tent is just rubbish (cans, bottles, glass, crisp packets etc) that he has left there. We have no Idea how to get rid of him because we thought that the police would make him leave. The man is saying that even if we just get rid of his tent when he's not here then he will just get a new tent and come back anyway. I'm livid and so is DH but we don't know what we can do, the man is also threatening to call the police if we try to make him leave as well so I think he would call for the police for criminal damage or something like that if we were to just get rid of his tent. It is meaning that the the kids can't go in the garden either because this man is here and won't leave, we are all at the end of our tether with him and it's only been 2 days but we don't know what we can do to get him to leave. AIBU to want this man to leave our garden? He is also threatening legal action if we try to force him to leave in any way or if we try to move his tent.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I left school at 16 and genuinely turned over 6 figures as a sole trader last year, profit was under that mark, but I'm hoping next year it will be there.

I'm actually heading to Aberdeen for work next week and am dead excited now I know butteries exist. Will definitely be trying one!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.