Mumsnet #31 How on Earth do these people manage to exist on a day to day basis?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yaaaay. I like a new thread. I've nothing to add at the moment, except I like a new thread.
Let the fun commence.

Reactions: 4
There is a thread about receiving a wedding invitation and them putting it straight in the recycling pile in front of the person who gave it to them

She us being piled on as rude to do it in front if her

Apparently they bin every card after opening it, I at least keep cards for a couple weeks before putting them in a box for keepsakes

• Wow
Reactions: 8
My mum keeps everything like that. Every card, every invitation, all that sort of stuff. When I moved out she gave me a whole pile of all the ones she'd kept for me. Wtf!?

When I was getting married she was fuming that I hadn't given her a physical invitation. It hadn't even crossed my mind, you're my parents of course you know the date and you're going to be there. But no apparently she wanted one to keep:rolleyes:

Reactions: 6
I have a card problem. I hang on to them, then I get guilt about chucking them. Especially cards from loved ones no longer here.

Reactions: 17
To be fair, I keep cards from the kids.
I've managed to amass more cards than chuffing Clinton's!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
When my mum died she left a box chocka with every letter, card, telegram, house brochures, when they were paper in the 70s; flyers from holidays from the 60s onwards, postcards.....It was amazing to read through them. I'm glad she did.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Why are so many mumsnetters emetophobic? Does anyone actually enjoy seeing someone vomit? Surely it's a perfectly normal reaction to feel nauseous and unwell yourself? It doesn't mean you have emetophobia. Maybe I'm being harsh, but I think a lot of phobias are ordinary reactions to things, like rats and spiders and snakes. A genuine phobia is debilitating and disabling.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Why are so many mumsnetters emetophobic? Does anyone actually enjoy seeing someone vomit? Surely it's a perfectly normal reaction to feel nauseous and unwell yourself? It doesn't mean you have emetophobia. Maybe I'm being harsh, but I think a lot of phobias are ordinary reactions to things, like rats and spiders and snakes. A genuine phobia is debilitating and disabling.
Because they're unique and special and can't possibly be sharing a common human experience.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
My head isn’t fully in gear but the one where everyone is phobic of eating noises. I mean, who enjoys hearing other people chew? It’s kinda gross except when my kids or dog does it and then it’s adorable, of course. 🙄😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.