Mumsnet #30 Six figure salary, never eats a calorie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As if mumsnetters didn't already panic and lose their minds about enough pointless tit, apparently everybody should be keeping their GCSE certificates in a fireproof box

View attachment 2711142
I can’t remember the last time I was asked to show qualifications at a job interview. I think it was when I was a new graduate. After a certain amount of time, all an employer cares about is the experience you have. Not what you got in your GCSEs in 1994!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Do they not even have the decency to tell you?
No, you just have to do a best guess at which limpet hit the “report post” button when you told them to get a grip of n a variety of threads.
You just find you can’t log on… 🙄 because even the bleeping mods don’t want confrontation.

edit: they go NC with their users.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Quite a few have said the same, but I'm not sure I believe 'would you complain? Very rude hospital receptionist' in aibu

Reactions: 1
No, you just have to do a best guess at which limpet hit the “report post” button when you told them to get a grip of n a variety of threads.
You just find you can’t log on… 🙄 because even the bleeping mods don’t want confrontation.

edit: they go NC with their users.
God they really are arseholes. I would have thought they'd send you an email.

Reactions: 1
God they really are arseholes. I would have thought they'd send you an email.
Where’s the power-trip in an automated email saying “we’ve closed your account due to breaking our rules”?

Far more mean girl attitude with having someone (getting banned the first time) emailing and saying “hi,I tried to reset my password but I can’t log on” and a PA reply…

first response would make you flick the Vs at the screen - second is designed to humiliate.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
The thread about the poster who binned the wedding invite she just received from a bride, in front of said bride is quite amusing

OP not accepting that she was rude and said well I put the details in my phone so why wouldn’t I throw it out

Fair enough but not straight away and not in front of the person who gave it to you two mins ago 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The thread about the poster who binned the wedding invite she just received from a bride, in front of said bride is quite amusing

OP not accepting that she was rude and said well I put the details in my phone so why wouldn’t I throw it out

Fair enough but not straight away and not in front of the person who gave it to you two mins ago 😂
It makes me think she couldn't stand having this superfluous bit of card in her house one moment longer than necessary. Oh, the clutter!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I really want to go to France, but am worried I might bump into to many mumsnetters. How do I keep them away?! Tell everyone in France uses loo brushes?!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I really want to go to France, but am worried I might bump into to many mumsnetters. How do I keep them away?! Tell everyone in France uses loo brushes?!
Don’t worry, not many of them actually go there because they don’t leave the house. They’re just relying on the few that have been there to tell them how thin all the French women are and how fat all the tourists are.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Get yourself a tattoo, a loud barky dog and dress yourself in head to toe Primark and no Mumsnetter will come within 50 miles of you.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I am so pissed off. I read the entire lift to work thread and went to thread two to find it bloody deleted!
Anyone find any more out?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
What's the point of everything in a fireproof box?

There are two scenarios if my house burns to the ground.

1) I survive, either by escaping or not being in. I simply replace everything.

2) I don't survive. That is what a will tracing service is for.

I do have everything together, but that is for ease and order. Certificates are all in my National Record of Achievement., which is far more useful than a firebox and was given to me for free.
---
I am so pissed off. I read the entire lift to work thread and went to thread two to find it bloody deleted!
Anyone find any more out?
Last I read was that she was claiming that she wasn't going to be a drama queen about it, but co-worker had been shirty with her all day having arrived late. It was far too much drama, and what on earth is the job that you commute an hour to and work 12 hour shifts every day? She talked of a 'shop floor' but then also production department and packing department.

Oh and something about tuna sandwiches whilst she sat in the back seat because it was safer.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ah. Thanks. That's a good 15 mins I will never get back....like most of the ruddy threads on there!

• Haha
Ohhh! It had been deleted when I clicked. What was it called again? (Early onset dementia message I can't remember obvs)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.