Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s currently a thread on heating or eating and some posters can’t see how that could possibly be a real
Issue !!! I actually despair
I'm sure that thread has been started by some sort of poverty tourist 🤢 it doesn't at all sound like a post from someone who is genuinely facing this issue

Reactions: 8
Anyone seen those playmobil threads in chat?! Someone making random scenes using playmobil figures. They all go wild for it! Just seen the poster has started a Winter Olympics one 😴 and all the posts of “oh I so needed this today, you are so awesome” etc etc. I must really be missing something 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I've just read a whole 8 page thread about whether a poster should take a packed lunch to a cafe for their 18 month old. Someone tell me to step away!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I've just read a whole 8 page thread about whether a poster should take a packed lunch to a cafe for their 18 month old. Someone tell me to step away!
Haha I just came on here to say about this! Apparently the OP just genuinely didn’t realise how much of a cheeky fucker she is... yeah right!

Reactions: 5
I've just read a thread where friend was excluded from her friends 50th party. Turns out bday girl has form for this sort of behaviour. I think it's karma for not calling out so called friend on her crappy behaviour all these years.

Reactions: 10
I've just read a thread where friend was excluded from her friends 50th party. Turns out bday girl has form for this sort of behaviour. I think it's karma for not calling out so called friend on her crappy behaviour all these years.
this thread- there are some truly weird people out there that really do enjoy playing games with people they call ‘friends’. It’s an awful and immature way to treat someone and it’s it hurts so bad to be excluded (I’ve been there) but I do agree that these people are the sort that get away with it time after time and people just sit back and think ‘at least it wasn’t me that time’ no feeling for the one that’s been left out.

Reactions: 13
this thread- there are some truly weird people out there that really do enjoy playing games with people they call ‘friends’. It’s an awful and immature way to treat someone and it’s it hurts so bad to be excluded (I’ve been there) but I do agree that these people are the sort that get away with it time after time and people just sit back and think ‘at least it wasn’t me that time’ no feeling for the one that’s been left out.
I was friends with a group of 8 women. 2 of them were the ring leaders. I enabled their behaviour for a couple of years until I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up for myself & all the other women sided with the other 2. It's been 2.5 years since I spoke too them all & I am so much better out of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m sure by now the others will have been on the receiving end of the exclusions and be wishing they had the guts to do what you did. I think it’s more common than what we probably think and I also think that been hurt by a friend can be hundred times worse than a crappy partner but it doesn’t hold the same gravitas to society when a friendship ends. And I hate to say this but I genuinely believe that females are much worse at this than male friendships.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m sure by now the others will have been on the receiving end of the exclusions and be wishing they had the guts to do what you did. I think it’s more common than what we probably think and I also think that been hurt by a friend can be hundred times worse than a crappy partner but it doesn’t hold the same gravitas to society when a friendship ends. And I hate to say this but I genuinely believe that females are much worse at this than male friendships.
There was definitely some sort of grieving process when the friendship ended. And I've heard they are still being arseholes. Sadly one of the women lost her daughter 12 years ago & uses that as her get out of jail card for not being a very nice human. I called her out on that & she didn't like it. And you're completely right some females are much worse than males. And women in their 40's & 50's can be vile.

Reactions: 7
There’s a thread about a 14 year old boy having a bit of fun selling sweets at school and making a good profit, so of course a Mumsnetter comes along and says that he should register the business and pay tax 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
There’s a thread about a 14 year old boy having a bit of fun selling sweets at school and making a good profit, so of course a Mumsnetter comes along and says that he should register the business and pay tax 😂
Oh ffs really 😂
Funniest I saw today was a woman who’d posted several times previously about how she doesn’t like her boyfriend liking pictures of other women on social media (friends, not random bikini women) and then went ballistic when she realised he has his ex girlfriends on social media and liked one of their pics. Totally inappropriate she claims 🤔 - she’s made him delete them all of his social media as him having other women on his social media is a hard no from her. At least the majority of posters have called out her abusive and controlling behaviour.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Had a look on AIBU this morning, I know better than to start my day like that, only puts me in a bad mood!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The Waitrose card also angered them yesterday 😂 I love how frothed up they get!

And the one where she withdrew money from the bank and was unhappy with the questions asked but she lied because she wants her money at home where its safer

Reactions: 6
There is a rant about today's Wordle answer! I won't spoil it for anyone just incase they play!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
There's a thread about Captain Tom on there where they've all (finally) had a Road to Damascus moment and realised his daughter/ family were all in it for the money all along...well over a year behind Tattle of course!

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.