Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm just waiting for the, "AIBU to think that parking rules should apply to all, including Royals?" post:
1644019377026.png

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm just waiting for the, "AIBU to think that parking rules should apply to all, including Royals?" post:
View attachment 1040837
😂 cue responses about how they’re environmentally inconsiderate to even have a car. Oh a 4x4 too, in a city. Shock horror. She’s single handily destroyed earth. We’re all doomed! bleeping woman should have taken a bus or walked.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I find the dichotomy between how much income they all say they have and the reluctance they have to spend it (usually on clothes for DC or ANYTHING new for second babies) infuriating.

Reactions: 9
Have you seen the new thread by the mum that spends £600 on a whole new wardrobe every time her daughter goes up a clothing size and can't begin to fathom how she could do it any cheaper? 🤯
One poster has replied that she was obsessed with her son having the same sizing throughout his whole wardrobe so even if something still fit him but wasn't the right size she would throw it away! Just ... wtf 😶

• Wow
Have you seen the new thread by the mum that spends £600 on a whole new wardrobe every time her daughter goes up a clothing size and can't begin to fathom how she could do it any cheaper? 🤯
One poster has replied that she was obsessed with her son having the same sizing throughout his whole wardrobe so even if something still fit him but wasn't the right size she would throw it away! Just ... wtf 😶
One of mine only stopped wearing her age 3 shorts when she was 13. Scrawny little ratbag she was - I drew the line at the 18-24 months T shirt still being worn as a crop top.

Saved me buying shorts for ten years, though.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Somebody with the user name of PrettyPissyPants has started a thread about wetting themselves after falling off a swing and wants to know if it’s ever happened to anyone else. Cue replies of ‘on the off chance you’re not a troll…here’s my story about the time I pissed myself’.

Ffs.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Somebody with the user name of PrettyPissyPants has started a thread about wetting themselves after falling off a swing and wants to know if it’s ever happened to anyone else. Cue replies of ‘on the off chance you’re not a troll…here’s my story about the time I pissed myself’.

Ffs.
As long as MNers remain that stupid and naive, it’ll always be a pervs haven 🙄

Reactions: 9
Gross. Did you see the one about the husband who pooed in the garden so the poster didn't have to get out of the bath?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Theyre actually arguing about religion on a thread about Rayan, the little Moroccan boy who has died..

The foul witches.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
The competitive grief tourism gets me riled up every time. Imagine spending a day in the head of someone like that, it makes my skin crawl. Emotional vampires.

The competitive grief tourism gets me riled up every time. Imagine spending a day in the head of someone like that, it makes my skin crawl. Emotional vampires.
Grief wankers I call them.

Some of the threads about murdered or missing kids and women are over the top ghoulish and dead celeb threads are mawkish. There are some sick minds going about.

Grief wankers I call them.

Some of the threads about murdered or missing kids and women are over the top ghoulish and dead celeb threads are mawkish. There are some sick minds going about.
People who ‘sob all day’ about someone they don’t know totally weirds me out

Reactions: 15
There’s another one complaining that they haven’t been able to buy their way into oxbridge as all the places are going to those sneaky state school kids

• Haha
Reactions: 6
AIBUwatch!

A poster wants to know if she should take her 11-year-old, severely disabled son into the ladies' toilets with her when there is no disabled toilet available. Most posters said they would be OK with it and it's not like you can see anything in there, etc. whereas in men's toilets they obviously have it all hanging out, so they would not want OP going in there with her son. That's fair enough but I wonder how many of these are the same people that will be over in the feminism chat talking as if women are completely nude in the loos all the time, to argue against transwomen using the women's toilets?

"AIBU TO WONDER HOW IN GOD'S NAME PEOPLE WILL BE ABLE TO AFFORD THE INRESE IN ENERGY PRICES" NO, YOU ARE NOT, BUT PLEASE LEARN WHERE YOUR CAPSLOCK KEY IS

"Am I dead and don't know it? Am I the guy in the Sixth Sense?" Presumably if you can still type, you are some kind of poltergeist. Please consult the Handbook for the Recently Deceased

Someone worrying that at 40 she is "too old" to be trying for a baby (has been trying for some time, had a couple of miscarriages, contemplating adoption if it doesn't work out.) Most posters are quite sympathetic but I can't help feeling like this is a byproduct of so many people on Mumsnet sneering at any woman over 35 as "too old" to have a baby and making out that what a child really needs is a mum that looks hot at the school gates

"NIGHTMARE HOUSE SITUATION" - unfortunately it's just a dispute with an estate agent. I was expecting pipes rattling, blood spewing out of the taps, something a bit more interesting

Another thread about "are middle and upper class people richer because they're just better with money?" Yes really

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just reading about the "harrowing experience" of the Mumsnetter receiving her shopping delivery without carrier bags! :ROFLMAO: These people walk amongst us!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
There was a thread this morning from a period troll. Did anyone see it? Woman came on her period in the middle of the night whilst staying in a hotel and it as all over the sheets. Of course the first thing she did 5am was post on mumsnet about how mortified she was.

At this point I genuinely believe they welcome the traffic they get from paraphilic men. There’s no other explanation.
100% this. I firmly believe that MNHQ font give a duck about harm to users from either trolls or the awful "advice" on their forums, it's just about traffic and revenue. Their furlough claims in peak pandemic are testament to the ethics of the business.

There’s currently a thread on heating or eating and some posters can’t see how that could possibly be a real
Issue !!! I actually despair

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.