Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s a thread on there now from someone who’s husband has told her he’s unhappy and thinks he might want to be on his own. Of course that’s resulted in umpteen posts telling her that he’s obviously having an affair that she should expect another woman to come out of the woodwork etc. Totally unhelpful given that the OP is so upset, and yes he might be having an affair, but he might also be depressed or stressed or genuinely unhappy and if he is he has a right to leave. He is doing what they always say men should do when they are unhappy in discussing it openly. They always project onto threads like these.

Reactions: 14
Imagine the horror?! I once had some dick on there trying to sneer at me because I'd recommended Benidorm for a family break and she attempted to rip me apart because "out of the whole gorgeous world, you recommend a hovel like Benidorm"

She recommended Centre Parcs. bleeping Centre Parcs!!!

Do they know that you know?! I dont think I'd be able to hold my tongue if I knew them 🤣
No they don’t know although I did message one once to offer some advice to stop the pile ons. She ignored me so I gave up.

Reactions: 6
I don’t eat fast food because I simply don’t like it but some people genuinely think it is the Devils food. Like I don’t think someone having a quarter pounder and chips every now and then is going to be the demise of society.

Imagine the horror?! I once had some dick on there trying to sneer at me because I'd recommended Benidorm for a family break and she attempted to rip me apart because "out of the whole gorgeous world, you recommend a hovel like Benidorm"
I’ve been to many places Korea and USA etc and I never had a laugh as much as I did than when I spent a week in Benidorm, it’s a laugh, cheap, sunny and a just a general good time, they are just snidey wannabe posh twats.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
There is one that was really tickled me and it's nothing really. "To think I ate the prawns" One of the replies " "If the packet was swollen in anyway, or went pupfff when you opened it, you're screwed"
First world problems.
The replies on that were amazing 🤣

Set up a makeshift bed in the toilet with towels, water and hydration sachets because you will need it

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’m still reading the McPlant thread 🤣

I can’t believe B iwi copy & pasted the ingredients list, including the bun to make it sound as scary and processed as possible. And people are falling for it!

Confession: I did her low carb Bootcamp a few times when I was trying to lose baby weight. And it did work, and I was amazed by how much work she’d put into it (it was a whole programme she’d put together, seemingly for free). I have nothing against low carbing done in a sustainable way. I prefer reducing carbs to full-on keto these days. But god, she was so high-handed with people! Bearing in mind these posters were essentially sucking up to her as the low carb queen, she was soooo critical of every meal plan, every question asked, you name it 😳

Reactions: 9
I curse this thread 😂

I looked at MN to read the prawn madness as it sounded promising.

That led me to clicking on another thread about what small things improve your life. First few posts had me nodding along, a sellotape dispenser is indeed handy. Then of course you get the standard competitive posts from wannabes with suggestions that are neither small or inexpensive. A few comedians mention their divorces (tinkly laugh).

Some hole mentions their coat. I Google it and it’s a snip at £450. Another pillock seconds the coat. It’s some ethical Swedish brand. I’m now eyeing up these stupidly expensive coats.

I actually do need to give my head a wobble and head to H&M or Zara or possibly Primark like a normal person.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
On a thread about a daughter saying her mother was embarrassing. I LOVE it when people share these incredibly banal anecdotes as some kind of tour de force. ‘Had to pick his jaw up from the floor’ is equivalent to ‘everyone in the shop clapped’.
ADAEDBFB-7472-4570-9C65-87E9FF4032CB.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 13
that
On a thread about a daughter saying her mother was embarrassing. I LOVE it when people share these incredibly banal anecdotes as some kind of tour de force. ‘Had to pick his jaw up from the floor’ is equivalent to ‘everyone in the shop clapped’. View attachment 983643
Oooof necking a picnic bottle of M&S wine 🤣 she’s wild!!! And the poor man with his jaw on the floor…. Honestly do these people live in some alternate universe 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 25
On a thread about a daughter saying her mother was embarrassing. I LOVE it when people share these incredibly banal anecdotes as some kind of tour de force. ‘Had to pick his jaw up from the floor’ is equivalent to ‘everyone in the shop clapped’. View attachment 983643
‘tis - that’s another mumsnet word. I don’t know anyone that uses that apart from seeing it over there.

Reactions: 8
Why can’t someone make a comment about a female without it being called ‘misogynistic’?! Someone’s started a thread on Carrie Johnson

Reactions: 8
Why can’t someone make a comment about a female without it being called ‘misogynistic’?! Someone’s started a thread on Carrie Johnson
Yeah I was reading that... the fact that she is clearly a woman without morals, politically ambitious and financially 'edgy' matters less than someone saying she shouldn't be attending govt 'meetings' because she's not elected. Not sure I've phrased that right, but it's ok not to like her or her seeming influence and it doesnt mean you're a misogynist!!

Reactions: 9
that

Oooof necking a picnic bottle of M&S wine 🤣 she’s wild!!! And the poor man with his jaw on the floor…. Honestly do these people live in some alternate universe 🤣🤣🤣
Picnic bottle of wine? I'd neck that whilst waiting for my big bottle to be opened.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m still reading the McPlant thread 🤣

I can’t believe B iwi copy & pasted the ingredients list, including the bun to make it sound as scary and processed as possible. And people are falling for it!

Confession: I did her low carb Bootcamp a few times when I was trying to lose baby weight. And it did work, and I was amazed by how much work she’d put into it (it was a whole programme she’d put together, seemingly for free). I have nothing against low carbing done in a sustainable way. I prefer reducing carbs to full-on keto these days. But god, she was so high-handed with people! Bearing in mind these posters were essentially sucking up to her as the low carb queen, she was soooo critical of every meal plan, every question asked, you name it 😳
She is a funny one, when I realised that she was obsessively posting on every mumsnet spin off forum going too, I thought she was quite sad. And very odd.

But maybe the diet works.

Reactions: 5
When face masks first become mandatory in England someone posted saying that she was so distressed at wearing one that she vomited all over the counter in Boots.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
When face masks first become mandatory in England someone posted saying that she was so distressed at wearing one that she vomited all over the counter in Boots.
If she had a mask on, it'd have gone down her front, not on the counter, wouldn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.