Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Very pleased to see the weekly log burner thread is up and thriving already. It makes me want to get one installed to counteract the lecturing on that.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh you lot make me laugh! so much better than reddit mn trolls... I once posted on aibu about horrible service at a posh shop where I bought my oldest something for her 21st, and they treated us like scum. God the vitriol!! basically because I only spent £120 in posh shop and therefore shouldnt have expected anything like polite service. (Never mind that she got other stuff as well, we had a day out inc lunch in that there London etc etc)
Yes there's always a selection of posters on MN who - irrespective of what you paid for something - will always say well what do you expect for that amount of money? you should have spent 3x that and THEN you could complain.

That said you also always get some smart arse especially on car threads who buys ALL their cars for £500 and they always pass their MOTs and never need any work doing. Yeah, right.

The whole site is full of competitive braggers and one-uppers. I'd say they've all been to Elevenerife except that they'd all turn their noses up at the Canary Islands 😂 😂 😂

This! I’ve had a few good finds from charity shops over the years, but the majority of stuff in the ones near me is crap. Not because the stuff is second hand, but because it’s clearly been worn to death, washed god knows how many times and is threadbare and bobbly. Obviously if you live in London, Manchester, Brighton etc it’s going to be a totally different story though.
Most of the stuff in our charity shops is from Primark/ Asda/ Tesco, and almost same price as it would have been new! Anything from somewhere more expensive - Monsoon, Hobbs etc will be £20 minimum.

I was a student in a very well to do area years ago, the local charity shops and church jumble sales there were brilliant because so many of the locals were super wealthy and gave stuff away barely worn, my best bargain was 30p for an almost new Ralph Lauren shirt. You'd get cocktail dresses and leather bags for £1 at most. Those were the days!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I live in a market town. It's ok, you're either very very rich or on the breadline (im neither unfortunately/fortunately).
Anyhow we have so many charity shops here. I try my best to pop in there and always up for a bargain but I'm always disappointed. The charity shops are full of tat and over priced. It drives me crazy.
Like nice branded shoes for £30 quid but absolutely gross and should be binned.
Lots of primark, Asda ,Tesco clothes which are definitely prices at higher than the original price.

Reactions: 11
In Hinckley Leics there is a outlet clothes place. Sells clothes from M&S & other retailers. I just noticed they sell Hush, the MN crew would pee their pants at the bargains to be had!

Reactions: 6
I’m sure this one has been done before. The details have been changed slightly, last time the problem was ‘young boys’ looking into the garden now it’s ‘random adults looking into the house’. They always mention that they’ve got ‘shrubs’ that do little to keep it private as well, and there are always stilts involved somewhere. A tree house wouldn’t need to be on stilts surely?🤔 What a load of bollocks and yet the bints fall for it every time and the mods let it go, probably because the poster is someone they‘ve employed.

0201C517-1339-4F47-B7EF-01338EF95FC8.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Someone has asked on chat if the new McDonald’s veggie burger is nice. Someone else replied with a full list of ingredients and asked why anyone would want to eat it because it’s so “over processed” 🤣🤣🤣 it’s a bloody McDonald’s!! Why would you see the thread, having not tried the burger then set off to find the full list of ingredients & post them just to give everyone your judgmental opinion! Get a life 🤣
Edited to add - what did they think a Maccy is made off, silken tofu and quinoa!?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Someone has asked on chat if the new McDonald’s veggie burger is nice. Someone else replied with a full list of ingredients and asked why anyone would want to eat it because it’s so “over processed” 🤣🤣🤣 it’s a bloody McDonald’s!! Why would you see the thread, having not tried the burger then set off to find the full list of ingredients & post them just to give everyone your judgmental opinion! Get a life 🤣
Edited to add - what did they think a Maccy is made off, silken tofu and quinoa!?
Come on now they can’t be expected to eat something processed they might put on half a pound or something 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wasn’t well on Saturday and the only thing I fancied was a quarter pounder and cheese - large meal with a milkshake. I inhaled it and was still a couple of lbs down on Monday.

I think I’ve discovered a new weight loss miracle. I would post my discovery on Mumsnet if I was able to 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Mentioning McDonalds on any thread sends out the bat signal! They rush into talk about how sick it makes them and how they never eat it!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Remember, in MN-land… McDonalds is NOT FOOD.

I went out extra early last week so I could have a sausage & egg McMuffin. It was glorious.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Does McDonald's smell especially bad in the UK or something? I remember a thread where a poster spoke about sneaking in some to the cinema and everyone went on and on about the smell. I was so confused...to me, it smells like any other fried fast food i.e. generally good?

Or was that another chance for them to virtue-signal about their abhorrence of all things enjoyable?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I have had to hide that, BIWI is a twit.

Lolz at all the triggered meat eaters on that thread 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Does McDonald's smell especially bad in the UK or something? I remember a thread where a poster spoke about sneaking in some to the cinema and everyone went on and on about the smell. I was so confused...to me, it smells like any other fried fast food i.e. generally good?

Or was that another chance for them to virtue-signal about their abhorrence of all things enjoyable?
The latter. They’re such a joyless bunch.

I was just reading a fairly boring thread about someone’s plans to travel to London for dinner and the theatre. Someone was agog that so many people think dinner + theatre go together, because if SHE were going to do something like that, she’d bring sandwiches from home 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
There is one that was really tickled me and it's nothing really. "To think I ate the prawns" One of the replies " "If the packet was swollen in anyway, or went pupfff when you opened it, you're screwed"
First world problems.

Reactions: 6
Mentioning McDonalds on any thread sends out the bat signal! They rush into talk about how sick it makes them and how they never eat it!
It gets them really clutching their statement necklaces doesn’t it?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
There is one that was really tickled me and it's nothing really. "To think I ate the prawns" One of the replies " "If the packet was swollen in anyway, or went pupfff when you opened it, you're screwed"
First world problems.
People on MN do have some seriously questionable food hygiene though. I’m guessing it was a thread about eating out of date prawns? 🤢

I just had to seek out that thread for the lolz.

Reactions: 4

I thought I recognised that user name as having form for twattishness.
Some of them on there “thanks for posting the ingredients, I was going to try it but won’t now” 🤣🤣 I’m still chuckling to myself about it!

Reactions: 5
Well obviously. There might be (shock horror!) working class people or even worse (gasps!) tradesmen on holiday with their families there 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Imagine the horror?! I once had some dick on there trying to sneer at me because I'd recommended Benidorm for a family break and she attempted to rip me apart because "out of the whole gorgeous world, you recommend a hovel like Benidorm"

She recommended Centre Parcs. bleeping Centre Parcs!!!

Crumbs is bizarre to me, I know who she is in RL (no I am not going to divulge details or hint etc). Some things she says are complete lies, others are true. I am surprised that she has not got in a serious amount of trouble with her employer though. Her desperate attempts at trying to appear upper class are where she embarrasses herself, plus the bedroom and house fibs.

I also know who another serial fantasist is and cringe at how she portrays her life on mumsnet. Kind of fascinating though.
Do they know that you know?! I dont think I'd be able to hold my tongue if I knew them 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.