Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she played a bit of a game with the troll hunters in that much of what she said was true. I remember them mocking her about certain things to do with publishing that they definitely were wrong about. She must have enjoyed that.
I could never work her out. Strange lady and a bit of a hyacinth character.

Reactions: 4
what is a safari supper?

the daily Mail loves them

The safari supper! I’d forgotten that one. I also liked when she said her favourite thing in the house was a 16th Century salt cupboard (whatever that is).
Did she say that or was it one of the rabid troll hunters?

Reactions: 1
I was really hoping a Safari supper was on the back of an Elephant whilst looking at the sunset sipping Chablis.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I do not understand their obsession with 'lie-ins'. Sure, a couple hours' extra sleep with a new baby is a much-needed break but many of these women talking about lie-ins do not have children keeping them up at night.

I feel like they think it's one of the hallmarks of middle-aged, middle-class womanhood - wine, lie-ins, Amish clothes and a 1200 calorie-a-day diet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I was really hoping a Safari supper was on the back of an Elephant whilst looking at the sunset sipping Chablis.
To be honest it sounds like a recipe for an orgy.

Is that another village tradition? The annual orgy.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I feel like they think it's one of the hallmarks of middle-aged, middle-class womanhood - wine, lie-ins, Amish clothes and a 1200 calorie-a-day diet.
The level of entitlement on MN is insane! "I deserve my lie in, my £500 Amish sack dress and ALL of my husband's money even though I hate him"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
To be honest it sounds like a recipe for an orgy.

Is that another village tradition? The annual orgy.
If they were anything like the ones my parents used to organise in the late '70s/early '80s, everyone would have been too drunk to manage sex! They used to call them progressive dinners, because all the houses were in the same street, so you 'progressed' up or down the road. All the kids would be put in one house with a babysitter and the adults would cut loose. I remember my father only getting home after one particularly good evening because he'd hung on to all the garden walls on the way.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
If they were anything like the ones my parents used to organise in the late '70s/early '80s, everyone would have been too drunk to manage sex! They used to call them progressive dinners, because all the houses were in the same street, so you 'progressed' up or down the road. All the kids would be put in one house with a babysitter and the adults would cut loose. I remember my father only getting home after one particularly good evening because he'd hung on to all the garden walls on the way.
Thought you were saying your parents organised orgies! 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Thought you were saying your parents organised orgies! 👀
I would not put it past my mother - some time in the late '60s or early '70s when she was between husbands, she threw a clout-casting party. Cast ne'er a clout till May is out, it was on 31st May and at midnight everyone had to take an item of clothing off. She won't say anything more about it than that!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The level of entitlement on MN is insane! "I deserve my lie in, my £500 Amish sack dress and ALL of my husband's money even though I hate him"
That's the word - entitlement. I absolutely cannot stand their entitlement to all things that they believe are owed to them and their sacred offspring.

I will never forget a thread where the OP's husband was a senior professional who got his dream career opportunity in Australia, I believe. She was a SAHM despite the children being teenagers and had a housekeeper. It was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for her husband and she didn't want to go because she didn't want to give up her 'lovely house and lifestyle'. She refused to think that because he supported their very cushy lifestyle, she should make any sacrifices. She even stated that she couldn't move because she needed her mother nearby to assist. And the absolutely INCREDIBLE thing was that there were others saying that her desire to continue living as is trumped his career as the sole breadwinner. I was appalled and honestly, in awe at how they twisted the situation to support her arguments. She even said she couldn't work because her teenagers were at a stage of life where they needed someone to talk to when they got home. And people actually agreed!

My jaw has never been the same from hanging open while I read all 10 pages.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
That's the word - entitlement. I absolutely cannot stand their entitlement to all things that they believe are owed to them and their sacred offspring.

I will never forget a thread where the OP's husband was a senior professional who got his dream career opportunity in Australia, I believe. She was a SAHM despite the children being teenagers and had a housekeeper. It was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for her husband and she didn't want to go because she didn't want to give up her 'lovely house and lifestyle'. She refused to think that because he supported their very cushy lifestyle, she should make any sacrifices. She even stated that she couldn't move because she needed her mother nearby to assist. And the absolutely INCREDIBLE thing was that there were others saying that her desire to continue living as is trumped his career as the sole breadwinner. I was appalled and honestly, in awe at how they twisted the situation to support her arguments. She even said she couldn't work because her teenagers were at a stage of life where they needed someone to talk to when they got home. And people actually agreed!

My jaw has never been the same from hanging open while I read all 10 pages.
I hope he left her and buggered off to Australia.

There is always a thread going about wanting another baby. It usual goes along the lines of "we agreed on having one baby but now I want other" and all the responses saying your husband is a waste of space, he's abusing you, gaslighting blah blah blah

Reactions: 5
When I had my first proper job, I could actually afford more tit than I do now, even though I now earn a lot more.

Because I didn’t have a mortgage/rent as I was living at home, didnt have loans to pay back, didn’t have to pay bills, vet bills, buy stuff for my home, health insurance, doctor visits, my prescriptions, didn’t have a car, groceries, so mostly all my money was just for myself. So it’s not really too far fetched a young adult with a part time job can save up 600 quid for a laptop.

She is an adult and that poster is far too nosy

Reactions: 9
Oh you lot make me laugh! so much better than reddit mn trolls... I once posted on aibu about horrible service at a posh shop where I bought my oldest something for her 21st, and they treated us like scum. God the vitriol!! basically because I only spent £120 in posh shop and therefore shouldnt have expected anything like polite service. (Never mind that she got other stuff as well, we had a day out inc lunch in that there London etc etc)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.