Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I had my first proper job, I could actually afford more tit than I do now, even though I now earn a lot more.

Because I didn’t have a mortgage/rent as I was living at home, didnt have loans to pay back, didn’t have to for pay bills, vet bills, buy stuff for my home, didnt have a car, groceries, so mostly all my money was just for myself. So it’s not really too far fetched a young adult with a part time job can save up 600 quid for a laptop.

She is an adult and that poster is far too nosy
Completely agree & the fact the mum is going to confiscate the presents off her son until daughter tells how she earnt the money is so controlling

Reactions: 9
I have been on MN for years but haven’t noticed Crumbs - will keep an eye out. The one who bugs me is Worra Liberty. Always a bit pleased with herself in a slightly irritating way. Lost the plot a bit mid pandemic as she wanted to go to her second home but rules forbade it.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

the daily Mail loves them

Holy F*CK! I didn’t know you could fit that much smug inside one little article. Unbelievable.

the daily Mail loves them

Did she say that or was it one of the rabid troll hunters?
Holy F*CK! I didn’t know you could fit that much smug inside one little article. Unbelievable.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just read a thread where they were discussing how much they would be happy to pay for childcare and how much they think childminders and nannies deserve. The ignorance and entitlement from them made me so glad I have given up childminding. I gave up because of a lot of reasons, the main one being it pays peanuts. They seemed to think they shouldn't be working to fund a childminders lifestyle and that £3.50 an hour is more than enough because by the time they have 3 kids that's more than minimum wage and there's no overheads🙄

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
I think that was AnyFucker
AnyFucker gave me grief for having a cleaner while pregnant once. I have asthma and the midwife said no chores. It was something along the lines that my husband should do the cleaning and must be a sexist pig for hiring a woman to do the chores and not doing his share.

Actually the sexist was her as the cleaner was a bloke and my husband worked away so wasn’t physically there to do the chores a lot of the time.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Oh you lot make me laugh! so much better than reddit mn trolls... I once posted on aibu about horrible service at a posh shop where I bought my oldest something for her 21st, and they treated us like scum. God the vitriol!! basically because I only spent £120 in posh shop and therefore shouldnt have expected anything like polite service. (Never mind that she got other stuff as well, we had a day out inc lunch in that there London etc etc)
I remember that! You had a right old time of it. Mainly from people who had never stepped foot in the store but made out they were regulars and tried schooling you in what to expect in such a refined establishment- condescending twats

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I remember a post where op had a cleaner and had forgotten to leave cash out for her which was their weekly agreed payment method. Instead of the cleaner calling her to see where it was, she took some cash out of ops filing cabinet (I think or from somewhere similar - hidden away) and text her saying she had taken her payment! I was 😮 however the pile on to the op was awful, so patronising; how dare she forget to pay the obviously poverty stricken cleaner, totally fine the cleaner helped herself as it was what she was owed and it was ops fault for making the lower class wait for their money, no it was NOT theft as these poor working class people need money and she may not have been able to eat god dammit!

Why are MN obsessed with class?! If you ever read the baby name thread they're obsessed with posh names Vs 'down market' and considered working class names
when I was naming my daughter I googled her now name and an old Mumsnet thread came up.

The poster said they simply loved the name but expected in ten years time it would inevitably be claimed by CHAVS

I had to laugh as I was reading the thread almost ten years to the day since that was written - I can only assume I’m the scum of the earth who dared decided to use the (Victorian) baby name 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
AnyFucker got her arse handed to her last year when she posted whinging about not being able to visit her holiday cottage due to restrictions. I can’t remember the exact details, but she was then victim of a (well deserved IMO) pile on from lots of newer posters pointing out how privileged she was to even own a second home and telling her that others were having it far worse, she then flounced off but not before various ‘old school’ members of the MN clique came along to berate everyone for attacking a member of the hierarchy who had helped them enormously (probably by being blood rude) in the relationships forum.

Reactions: 16
AnyFucker keeps her own husband’s balls in her handbag I think. Or she’d like to give the impression she does.

Some of her advice might be sound but the delivery, especially to people who are having the toughest of times, leaves a lot to be desired.

I didn’t see the kerfuffle about her visiting her holiday place in lockdown but yeah, what a pillock.

• Haha
This has to be peak Mumsnet! bleeping pathetic!

View attachment 981448
I saw that this morning. The OP needs to go to the doctor for her anxiety ASAP, but instead the thread is 70% full of posters telling her she’s right about Primark and what other ‘small changes’ she can make to help the environment 🙄 Climate change is the new competitive underrating on there. There was a thread the other day about someone who made the switch from fast fashion to buying exclusively from charity shops and now ‘feels ill and overwhelmed’ whenever they go into a chain store. duck off. Buying all your clothes from Oxfam is great if you live in a big city like York or Bristol and the quality of clothing that’s been donated is off the scale, but for the majority of people who aren’t on the mythical Mumsnet ‘six figure income’, it’s not going to cut the mustard. They don’t have a £600 coat and £500 boots in the wardrobe already that’s going to last them for the next 20 winters. Some people have no choice but to shop at Primark and I wish shops like that had been around when I was a kid.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
To be fair in later comments she clarifies that she isn't having a pop at her sister as she knows she is genuinely broke and has no other option, she's angry at the whole system in general. Which is fair enough in my opinion! Being paid minimum wage and having to rely on cheap clothes that are made by exploiting workers abroad and are so awful they have to be chucked away soon enough IS an awful system.

Reactions: 7
AnyFucker keeps her own husband’s balls in her handbag I think. Or she’d like to give the impression she does.

Some of her advice might be sound but the delivery, especially to people who are having the toughest of times, leaves a lot to be desired.

I didn’t see the kerfuffle about her visiting her holiday place in lockdown but yeah, what a pillock.
Anyfucker's poor DH always has to firstly kiss a copy of 'The Female Eunuch' before they have sex.

This has to be peak Mumsnet! bleeping pathetic!

View attachment 981448
Oh dear God. This poor woman is clearly very ill and needs professional help. Even if the climate crisis was magically solved overnight she would just find something else to fixate about in a negative way.

• Haha
I saw that this morning. The OP needs to go to the doctor for her anxiety ASAP, but instead the thread is 70% full of posters telling her she’s right about Primark and what other ‘small changes’ she can make to help the environment 🙄 Climate change is the new competitive underrating on there. There was a thread the other day about someone who made the switch from fast fashion to buying exclusively from charity shops and now ‘feels ill and overwhelmed’ whenever they go into a chain store. duck off. Buying all your clothes from Oxfam is great if you live in a big city like York or Bristol and the quality of clothing that’s been donated is off the scale, but for the majority of people who aren’t on the mythical Mumsnet ‘six figure income’, it’s not going to cut the mustard. They don’t have a £600 coat and £500 boots in the wardrobe already that’s going to last them for the next 20 winters. Some people have no choice but to shop at Primark and I wish shops like that had been around when I was a kid.
This! I’ve had a few good finds from charity shops over the years, but the majority of stuff in the ones near me is crap. Not because the stuff is second hand, but because it’s clearly been worn to death, washed god knows how many times and is threadbare and bobbly. Obviously if you live in London, Manchester, Brighton etc it’s going to be a totally different story though.

• Heart
I rarely look at mumsnet, all the interesting posters and posts are gone, so they’re left to salivate over clear fantatists, trolls and the odd parking thread.

they sucked all the money out of it rather than making it user friendly so it looks really old fashioned, and feels the same. Have the traffic numbers tanked ? Where did you see that

the only thread I like is the Anti -mlm one, far more tattle in nature (the one concession is they use fun fake names)

Reactions: 6
This! I’ve had a few good finds from charity shops over the years, but the majority of stuff in the ones near me is crap. Not because the stuff is second hand, but because it’s clearly been worn to death, washed god knows how many times and is threadbare and bobbly. Obviously if you live in London, Manchester, Brighton etc it’s going to be a totally different story though.
Yeah, I saw someone on IG who has given up fast fashion and now only shops in charity shops. She looks fabulous but lives in Bristol or Brighton (can’t remember which one). I’d love to do that, but I live in a run down ex mining town in Yorkshire and the majority of clothes in the charity shops are polyester old lady clothes that smell like a cross between disinfectant and wee. I’m not going to be lectured to about my shopping ethics by someone who lives in a trendy town like Brighton and has 50 times the choice, thanks 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.