Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Truly never understand why there seem to be so many people who don’t have children or in any way shape interested in children go on “mums”net where nearly every other post is about being a parent or children in some form. Of course anyone can join in the discussion but every now and again you’ll even get some sneery post “aibu to be thrilled I don’t have children”. No they’re not been unreasonable but god being a mum sometimes is crappy and hard without going to “mums”net to seek some help and finding “I can have sex all day, my house is immaculate, me and my husband go on holiday all the time and have so much money, my friends who have kids have tit lives, it’s boring” etc…. I’m genuinely not saying anyone’s unreasonable to feel that way it’s just such an odd platform to write it. Someone will eventually bite and then there’ll be a pile on- it’s a bit odd!
Tbh I find women who go on about how great it is not to have children because they can *list superficial reasons here* seem to be insecure and will likely regret their choice. It's like they need to constantly reassure themselves out loud .

I have friends who are childfree by choice who just silently enjoy their freedom and I know they are genuinely content with their lifestyle (I envy their weekend lie-ins!)

But I have one friend who just goes on and on about how awful kids are and how much she would miss doing drugs and buying designer clothes if she ever had them. Tbh I just feel a bit sad for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Aah Crumbs, super talented achieving children and Christmas-card-village life.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Aah Crumbs, super talented achieving children and Christmas-card-village life.
Don’t forget the fairy light bedecked sheep for the Christmas nativity on the village green! She had 6 high achieving, super popular children (including twins) in her first incarnation, but I think she’s down to four at the moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Crumbs is/was a prominent fantasist but there are many, many more.

Since their number of users has dropped off a cliff they have trolls on the payroll I think. They are desperate for the clicks.

The Mumsnet standard vitriolic replies are a sure fire way of generating clicks. They’re not there by accident.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I've thought for years that some of the most well known posters were actually created by MNHQ purely to generate traffic and clicks on the site.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
currently in a small wooden boat as my husband rows us on this Sunday morning to the nearest town to visit its bakery - dreamt heaven
I am convinced they live in an 1800s aristocratic alternate universe who dips into our universe every now and then to post on Mumsnet. Because I’ve been to France nearly a dozen times, and I have never seen anyone using a small wooden row boat as means of transportation in the countryside.

• Haha
Just checked. Yes, Cherry Pavlova is definitely Crumbs. This was in response to what hobbies do you have
2534B193-B8CA-4F0D-9A34-2B0E31CF8664.jpeg

Makes a change from ‘cycling’ or ‘running’ I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I am convinced they live in an 1800s aristocratic alternate universe who dips into our universe every now and then to post on Mumsnet. Because I’ve been to France nearly a dozen times, and I have never seen anyone using a small wooden row boat as means of transportation in the countryside.
She must have a lot of faith in her husband's rowing skills to be using a mobile phone (not known for being waterproof) in a small wooden boat. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She must have a lot of faith in her husband's rowing skills to be using a mobile phone (not known for being waterproof) in a small wooden boat. 🤣
Also the fact they have signal in the middle of a river in the French countryside on their way to get a pain au raisin. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Crumbs is bizarre to me, I know who she is in RL (no I am not going to divulge details or hint etc). Some things she says are complete lies, others are true. I am surprised that she has not got in a serious amount of trouble with her employer though. Her desperate attempts at trying to appear upper class are where she embarrasses herself, plus the bedroom and house fibs.

I also know who another serial fantasist is and cringe at how she portrays her life on mumsnet. Kind of fascinating though.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Some things she says are complete lies, others are true.
Please tell me the Annual Village Christmas Nativity is true! I would love to meet the teenagers who are chuffed to be playing Joseph and Mary.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who had to look up what Cartography was 🤷‍♀️🤣
It’s to guide her way through the french countryside and its rivers you uneducated pleb!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Please tell me the Annual Village Christmas Nativity is true! I would love to meet the teenagers who are chuffed to be playing Joseph and Mary.

It’s to guide her way through the french countryside and its rivers you uneducated pleb!
Why do I feel like I should be dressed as a scullery girl looking at the floor in shame 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7

🤣 I don’t know that much detail, I want to be invited to a safari supper though. No teenagers, they have grown up, escaped and run free from light up sheep.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
🤣 I don’t know that much detail, I want to be invited to a safari supper though. No teenagers, they have grown up, escaped and run free from light up sheep.
The safari supper! I’d forgotten that one. I also liked when she said her favourite thing in the house was a 16th Century salt cupboard (whatever that is).

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.