Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here you go!

Summary: "I told a married male friend I love him and he turned me down because he loves and is faithful to his wife. Monogamy is evil like capitalism"

WTAF šŸ˜²šŸ˜²šŸ˜²

View attachment 961768
Good grief! "Be grateful for it" ???? The poor bloke sounds like he was quite kind in his response. Very clear but far from brutal. Whilst I do think he should probably stop any contact, he most probably feels responsible for her wellbeing unfortunately.

Reactions: 3
Apropos to nothing I recall the Daily Fail (or was it the independent?) describing MN as a forum for ā€œover educated mothersā€

Suggesting if youā€™re going to bring up children you really need only go so far in your own educational exploits. Although I dislike MN as a whole I do want to slap the tithead who wrote that particular sentence. Wanker.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I messaged my husband today asking for chocolate. His response; do you want your usual working class chocolate? šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I messaged my husband today asking for chocolate. His response; do you want your usual working class chocolate? šŸ˜‚
So how did the chips fall with this one? Whatā€™s working class vs. MC?

does having a dairy intolerance immediately put you in the high roller stakes?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So how did the chips fall with this one? Whatā€™s working class vs. MC?

does having a dairy intolerance immediately put you in the high roller stakes?
Twirl/Dairy milk = working class.
Not sure about kitkats as he brought these back too.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Did anyone catch the class thread about what to call Santa?

They absolutely hate the name Santa though as itā€™s an Americanism. They really do hate American culture. I couldnā€™t imagine disgust of other cultures being so tolerated.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Did anyone catch the class thread about what to call Santa?

They absolutely hate the name Santa though as itā€™s an Americanism. They really do hate American culture. I couldnā€™t imagine disgust of other cultures being so tolerated.
As a Scottish person the annual thread about it being an Americanism does my head in. Other countries (Scotland) use it too.

I always thought "father Christmas" was just what posh people (my southern Grandma for example) called it.

Guess I'll just go chill out with Santa and my dairy milk.

Reactions: 15
The class obsession and desperately needing to appear middle class is unreal, imagine having such a sad life that all you care about is keeping up appearances.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
We use both FC and Santa (although I have my preferences). One is definitely easier to work into Christmas songsā€¦.

one of my friends would fit right in with the MN lot (despite not having kids) she certainly has a tinkly laughā€¦ I love her but sheā€™s hard work some days (arenā€™t we all).

Reactions: 8
Is that a characteristic of people on Mumsnet? How would you know how their laughter sounds?
A ā€œtinkly laughā€ is a Mumsnet classic - usually used when explaining how a situation played out with a difficult person, e.g. ā€œshe tried to get the better of me but I simply gave a tinkly laugh and reminded her I could get her fired and she would never work in Santaā€™s Grotto again, even if she was Mrs Claus.ā€

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
The only possible response to 'Did you mean to be so rude?' is 'Yes, yes I did'.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
OPs need to stop saying '(light-hearted)' and start saying '(no tit comebacks or tinkly laughs)'.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I reckon the mumsnet staff users must be reading on here, allowing a sudden quite a few non-man hating threads including one actually asking mumsnetters to (clutches pearls!) praise their husbands! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I reckon the mumsnet staff users must be reading on here, allowing a sudden quite a few non-man hating threads including one actually asking mumsnetters to (clutches pearls!) praise their husbands! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚God yes they wear a twin set.
I remember there was a thread yonks ago about posting good/positive stories about your partner. The OP was wanting happy stories because she's come out of a tit relationship.
MN turned on her. The vitriol was disgusting, telling her she was disgraceful for asking to brag about nice partners.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I just looked at one, and goodness it seems the bar is low.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.