Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're trying to do their bit for population control again at the moment.

Somebody's describing possible heart attack symptoms and they've already been diagnosed with menopause, Covid vaccination and it being all in her head.

1640475594418.png

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Somebody's describing possible heart attack symptoms and they've already been diagnosed with menopause, Covid vaccination and it being all in her head.

View attachment 943689
Excellent... excellent. I absolutely love this. "Hmmm. I have these strange and terrifying symptoms. I shall consult Mumsnet, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it, 111"

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Big debate going on over there now about bathroom bins.
Who are all these weirdos that don't have one and put absolutely everything in the kitchen bin?
And for the love of God, stop referring to sanitary towels and tampons as "Sanpro" :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
I've just joined because I've had a laugh reading some of the threads and posts on here. Haven't done so on mumsnet for a while because everyone is so serious, always ready to preach and get offended over everything.

Surprised to find the infamous Tattle a bit of a breath of fresh air.😲

And I can post gifs too? Say no more!

Never mind, spoke too soon. It's just like mumsnet or worse. Gifs aren't worth it 🤣

View attachment 943689
Menopause is blamed for everything over there. Got a pain in your arse? You must be Peri! Go to the GP and ask for HRT.

I hate MN as much as the next woman and proudly wear my 6 or so PBP medals 😁 - but *shudder* - I gather juicy couture is back in.

Reactions: 7
What even is a market town? Is this part of the geography GCSE syllabus that my school didn’t offer to us cos I just think of Brixton or Dagenham markets when they say this and I don’t think that’s the image they’re wishing to portray here?
It's an old fashioned term really, stems from the Middle Ages - certain towns would be given permission with a royal charter to hold their weekly market.

These days for sure a Mumsnet middle class term to use (see also: Emma Bridgewater does a 'Market Town' collection, of course).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_town

• Haha
I am most excited to get stuck into the bathroom bin thread. I might treat myself to a pepsi max for my adventure into madness.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
It's an old fashioned term really, stems from the Middle Ages - certain towns would be given permission with a royal charter to hold their weekly market.

These days for sure a Mumsnet middle class term to use (see also: Emma Bridgewater does a 'Market Town' collection, of course).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_town
Thank you for explaining ❤

Loool @ the idea of a cabinet full of Emma Bridgwater on display.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I love the faux embarrassment they have about everything. ‘Today I ate two sausage rolls’ along with embarrassed emoji. Makes very minor typo i.e. if instead of is... cue the embarrassed emoji and like it’s the end of the world 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I live for the financial threads, there was one asking what Christmas is like if you are wealthy. I did my poster bingo for that, then I do bingo for the horrified miseries who do the lemon sucking face at the full fridge photos.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Has anyone seen the ‘who earns a six figure salary and what do you do’ thread? A couple of posters are trying to frame it as inspirational in a patronising kind of ‘we did it and if you just knuckle down, work hard and pretend you don’t have kids, you can do it too!’ way. I mean I don’t believe even half of them on that thread earn that much because there are some familiar names on there who are on every thread, and if you have a job earning over £100,000 it’s unlikely you’d be spending 15 hours of the day on MN 🙄 It’s quite astonishing, nay almost unbelievable, how many high earning women use MN 🤥

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I saw the stupid thread about how to save £100,000
I mean it's great to have good saving aspirations but I find it just showing off. I guarantee I'll never be able to save 100,000.

The best one tonight is about piercing kids ears. MN are obsessed with not allowing kids to have their ears pierced.
Posters are saying it's mutilation 😅
They absolutely obsessed with it.

Another AIBU about a woman who got a note put on her car and all the responses are for her to call the police 🥴😳 the police would laugh their tits off

Reactions: 10
I am torn between teasing the crusts of bread from yester year and winding up the 500k part time fantastists.

Although I think I swing towards winding up the posters who can’t believe that anyone could earn more than £2.50 per week in the local arts centre coffee shop.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.