Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is MN at its finest.

Get a bleeping grip

Responses are already saying they're embarrassed to be eating chocolate on Christmas

This is MN at its finest.

Get a bleeping grip

Responses are already saying they're embarrassed to be eating chocolate on Christmas
You can’t link to MN from Tattle - what’s the gist?

Although I’m guessing it’s all orthorexia and snobbery as usual?

Reactions: 3
Oooh ok that's annoying, let me dig it out. It's classic MN

"Thinking 10am bacon rolls and part bake chocopan and then dinner at 3pm?

What about you?"
OP’s posts: See all
Bookmark

58 responses!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Mumsnet
Premium

6 3
Talk AIBU?
FirstPrev
NextLast3
What time is your breakfast and then Christmas dinner? 58
Today 15:00Fmesanta

Thinking 10am bacon rolls and part bake chocopan and then dinner at 3pm?

What about you?
OP’s posts: See all
Bookmark

ADVERTISEMENT

Today 15:18Ludoole

Breakfast for us at Xmas was selection boxes grin.
As a kid we ate Xmas Dinner at 12 and had tea at 4.
As an adult it's still selection boxes for breakfast then dinner between 3 and 4 and picky stuff laid out for the evening.
Bookmark

Today 15:21GiltEdges

We'll be doing a quick breakfast of crumpets (and Christmas chocolate blush) at 7/8ish, depending on what time DS wakes up, but it's generally early. Then brunch of bacon/sausage sandwiches and pastries at FILs late morning. Christmas dinner will be back at home around 4-5PM.
Bookmark

Today 15:26monkeystockings

Depends what time we get up. Another reason I like being at home
Bookmark

Today 15:26ThatsAllFolks

Aim for 4 always an hour late tho
Bookmark

Today 15:30Alaimo

My husband is British, I'm not, so we mix traditions. We have a leisurely breakfast around 10. Continental breakfast with warm croissants, nice bread, boiled eggs, and a slice of stollen to finish. Then make the most of the day light by spending time outside, before coming back for cheese, oatcakes & mulled wine around 3pm. We then have a British-style Christmas dinner around 7.
Bookmark
🥴🥴🥴🥴

15:57WeeFae

8/9ish for breakfast of bagels, pancakes, bacon, maple syrup, fruit salad

stocking fruit/chocs and crackers for snacks in between

3pm for starter, 3.30pm for main Christmas dinner

6/7pm, mulled cider, trifle and crisps/dips while we play family games

Reactions: 1
I still have selection boxes for breakfast on xmas day and I’m nearly 40 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This thread is peak MN.

I mean, I think most people would try not to but if they had to… sure?

B18F59D8-49E1-449B-8650-F6CB8088625B.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣

48FD4B33-2E14-400B-B580-98116B5CED54.jpeg

Never EVER talk about infrequent washing of towels on Mumsnet:

850F750F-7535-490D-BB6C-A4E46553F711.jpeg

Which generated this horrified reply:

DF63361C-6723-4343-AE8C-B599D060AB35.jpeg

All this within the first six replies. Six!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I've just joined because I've had a laugh reading some of the threads and posts on here. Haven't done so on mumsnet for a while because everyone is so serious, always ready to preach and get offended over everything.

Surprised to find the infamous Tattle a bit of a breath of fresh air.😲

And I can post gifs too? Say no more!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
So her OH forgot to pack the 8 year olds presents…mad scramble for sweets and Roblox tokens (or whatever they are 🤣) so she receives something. Turns out she got a new laptop 2 days ago, and at home has a sewing machine and a tablet waiting for her! And she’s going snowboarding tomorrow!

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 5
None of them live near their relatives have you noticed? They all seem to live hours away and have to drive miles to be hosted by their in laws for xmas.

Reactions: 11
Mumsnet at Christmas is hilarious. I suppose it’s still far too early for a ‘DH got blind drunk on Baileys and ruined Xmas’ thread.But there are already the annual ungrateful children threads. Got to admit this one really made me laugh though. A poster wondering why her 13 year old wasn’t made up with the Juicy Couture tracksuit she’s bought her. I mean Juicy Couture?! Come on, it’s not 2003 anymore is it?! I’d be ungrateful too!

98EBD932-7903-48F6-83D6-984FB46C2E6F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Mumsnet at Christmas is hilarious. I suppose it’s still far too early for a ‘DH got blind drunk on Baileys and ruined Xmas’ thread.But there are already the annual ungrateful children threads. Got to admit this one really made me laugh though. A poster wondering why her 13 year old wasn’t made up with the Juicy Couture tracksuit she’s bought her. I mean Juicy Couture?! Come on, it’s not 2003 anymore is it?! I’d be ungrateful too!

View attachment 942901
My 13yr old is clothes style fussy too, I dont just buy for her without checking though, I take her with me and then make note of what she hates and likes re clothes.

Reactions: 9
Just reading the thread where the mum hasn’t received a present from her 14 year old. I appear to be in the minority because I wouldn’t expect my kids to buy me gifts. And I find it a bit odd and extreme to be giving my child my card, telling them what I wanted and reminding them to buy me something. A gift should come from the heart, not at gunpoint!

If you are wondering why there is an LFT shortage look no further than MN. Some of them are doing multiple tests a day at the moment. They are wildly inaccurate in my own experience and they are putting way too much faith in them.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
There’s some people getting their knickers in a twist on a thread called positive on Christmas Day. Telling people they are wrong to isolate.

Just reading the thread where the mum hasn’t received a present from her 14 year old. I appear to be in the minority because I wouldn’t expect my kids to buy me gifts. And I find it a bit odd and extreme to be giving my child my card, telling them what I wanted and reminding them to buy me something. A gift should come from the heart, not at gunpoint!
I saw this one!! Access to a credit card at 14?! That was your first mistake love…

Reactions: 6
What an absolutely odd/bizarre thing to concern yourself with on xmas day never mind posting about it..

Screenshot 2021-12-25 10.55.24 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 14
What an absolutely odd/bizarre thing to concern yourself with on xmas day never mind posting about it..

View attachment 943662
What even is a market town? Is this part of the geography GCSE syllabus that my school didn’t offer to us cos I just think of Brixton or Dagenham markets when they say this and I don’t think that’s the image they’re wishing to portray here?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Don‘t forget Whistles, Hobbs and Uniqlo. Unless you are going someone really posh and then it’s always Mint Velvet.
I always look for presents for my Mum from Mint Velvet. It usually results in me getting told I spend too much but Mum’s worth it and they always seem to have some really nice clothes and jewellery in the collection,

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.