Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a maths teacher who was a JW but was also my form tutor in Yr 10. I remember some of the girls in the year above warning us that we’d be doing maths on the last day of term instead of the fun stuff.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Anyone else see the thread where her 2 year old came out with ‘stupid mummy’ after hearing her use the word stupid in an argument with her OH and was beside herself 😂 told her daughter if she ‘thought mummy was being stupid she could tell her’ wtf???? I don’t have kids but that is a slippery slope to letting your kid call you all the names under the sun and you just going ‘yeah, I am stupid’ have some self respect

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Anyone else see the thread where her 2 year old came out with ‘stupid mummy’ after hearing her use the word stupid in an argument with her OH and was beside herself 😂 told her daughter if she ‘thought mummy was being stupid she could tell her’ wtf???? I don’t have kids but that is a slippery slope to letting your kid call you all the names under the sun and you just going ‘yeah, I am stupid’ have some self respect
Well, to be fair, she does sound thick as mince. But I made the decision not to ever call my children stupid, even if they did something stupid and I expect the same courtesy from them.

Reactions: 5
A girl I went to school with was from a JW family (I didn't know her very well, she was a year older than me) She ended up working with a friend of mine years later and told her that as well as being terrified by all the JW stuff, her parents used to physically abuse her and her siblings (all of whom wanted nothing to do with JW now) Her younger brother moved to Australia because that was literally the farthest place he could go to get away from his parents. Sadly he took his own life a few years ago.
The father died last year and because he been involved in setting up a local men's mental health group a few years ago, was hailed as a 'pillar of the community'.
Not a word was said about all the mental health issues that he'd caused his own children though :mad:

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
A girl I went to school with was from a JW family (I didn't know her very well, she was a year older than me) She ended up working with a friend of mine years later and told her that as well as being terrified by all the JW stuff, her parents used to physically abuse her and her siblings (all of whom wanted nothing to do with JW now) Her younger brother moved to Australia because that was literally the farthest place he could go to get away from his parents. Sadly he took his own life a few years ago.
The father died last year and because he been involved in setting up a local men's mental health group a few years ago, was hailed as a 'pillar of the community'.
Not a word was said about all the mental health issues that he'd caused his own children though :mad:
you were in Jonathan creek last night, as a policewoman, you murdered a judge whilst on protection duty

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Have you seen the one about the Dad who left the six year old alone for 20 mins while he walked the dog.

The replies are brutal, dont think the OP came back!
The fact that they were all telling her to leave him and then one random poster said she’d have punched him absolutely sent me 😂

So overdramatic. But also can you imagine the responses if a woman wrote that she’d left her child in the house for 20 mins and when she came back her husband punched her??

Reactions: 16
Has anyone else seen the ‘Show me your Christmas fridge’ thread? Lots of photos of their Christmas fridges rammed full of mostly Waitrose stuff. No awareness of their privilege at all!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Has anyone else seen the ‘Show me your Christmas fridge’ thread? Lots of photos of their Christmas fridges rammed full of mostly Waitrose stuff. No awareness of their privilege at all!
I just took a look. I think someone started a thread about it last year too and they got slammed for it. I think it’s tasteless and showing off.

Reactions: 11
It’s just offensive when there are people who can barely afford to put food food on their tables. No one needs that much food and I bet most of it ends up in the bin.

It’s just offensive when there are people who can barely afford to put food food on their tables. No one needs that much food and I bet most of it ends up in the bin.
It really is in poor taste

Reactions: 7
This is off on a tangent but still Mumsnet. I find the style and beauty forum fascinating because it's so weird.
MN seem to be obsessed with the shop Toast. I've never shopped at toast, I've just had a look and I don't get the obsession. To me the clothes are super frumpy and expensive.
Am I missing something?

The poster is looking to buy two dresses from toast called the popin and chambrey. I know I'm off to hell but they're both hideous and so frumpy

• Sick
Reactions: 13
This is off on a tangent but still Mumsnet. I find the style and beauty forum fascinating because it's so weird.
MN seem to be obsessed with the shop Toast. I've never shopped at toast, I've just had a look and I don't get the obsession. To me the clothes are super frumpy and expensive.
Am I missing something?

The poster is looking to buy two dresses from toast called the popin and chambrey. I know I'm off to hell but they're both hideous and so frumpy
Don‘t forget Whistles, Hobbs and Uniqlo. Unless you are going someone really posh and then it’s always Mint Velvet.

Reactions: 7
Don‘t forget Whistles, Hobbs and Uniqlo. Unless you are going someone really posh and then it’s always Mint Velvet.
I did buy a summer dress from Hobbs this year ......it's not frumpy through.....I hope that doesn't constitute as me being a washed up frump 😭😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Uniqlo is good for affordable basics but all the others on that list are pretty frumpy. Mumsnetters also seem to love Joules, Fat Face, White Stuff and Seasalt Cornwall

There was a thread not too long ago from someone who wanted a formal ballgown for a New Year party but said it had to be from the high street, she refused to shop online. The responses were about 25% suggestions, 25% making fun of her/calling her a snob because she didn't want to buy it online, 25% asking what kind of party she needed a ballgown for, and 25% saying that going to any party risked spreading COVID and killing people. That was a fun one 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Just seen a thread titled ‘that’s it. No present for DH.’ So I click, thinking oooooooh what’s he done?? LTB.
aaaand it’s just that he’s impossible to buy for 😒 no dramatic fall out, no affair with the nanny, just that he’s hard to buy for. Clickbait 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 12
They love Boden too. They sneer at Primark a lot saying the stuff is cheap, nasty and just tat, which annoys me as not everyone can afford to shop at Boden and the like.

There was a thread that bugged me yesterday where a poster said she tested positive for Covid and was staying in a hotel and lots of posters jumped on to suggest she got the train back and jumping on her fiancé who was also unwell but wfh saying he should go and pick her up. Some were saying that 6 hours drive wasn’t hard.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
They love Boden too. They sneer at Primark a lot saying the stuff is cheap, nasty and just tat, which annoys me as not everyone can afford to shop at Boden and the like.

There was a thread that bugged me yesterday where a poster said she tested positive for Covid and was staying in a hotel and lots of posters jumped on to suggest she got the train back and jumping on her fiancé who was also unwell but wfh saying he should go and pick her up. Some were saying that 6 hours drive wasn’t hard.
Oh god, no doubt some of them have at least a six hour commute to work each day even on weekends that they have to do whilst also undergoing life saving treatment and being 40 months pregnant because they are just such a martyr 🙄

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.