Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was a crazy one yesterday saying that Christmas should be moved to the summer because of Covid. A lot of posters disagreeing weirdly enough but the OP seemed deadly serious about it.
My American friend used to do a "Christmas in July" event for charity. She'd collect toys and then donate them.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've been banned again after asking for genuine advice after my step son brought covid into the house where i have a poorly newborn.. because I'm a 'previously banned poster'

bleeping arseholes. I was in a right panic aswell.
I think I saw your thread. Hope you’re all feeling okay?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I've been banned again after asking for genuine advice after my step son brought covid into the house where i have a poorly newborn.. because I'm a 'previously banned poster'

bleeping arseholes. I was in a right panic aswell.
I was banned for speculating about celebrity affairs. I created a new post to ask a gardening question and was banned again straight away. Yet the amount of passive aggressiveness and cattiness between members that goes unchecked is unreal. Yet we at Tattle are supposed to be the nasty ones :rolleyes: I think if you've been banned from Mumsnet it's probably just a sign that you're reasonable and sane.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I was banned for speculating about celebrity affairs. I created a new post to ask a gardening question and was banned again straight away. Yet the amount of passive aggressiveness and cattiness between members that goes unchecked is unreal. Yet we at Tattle are supposed to be the nasty ones :rolleyes: I think if you've been banned from Mumsnet it's probably just a sign that you're reasonable and sane.
It's ridiculous isn't it. It's often the same names coming up time and time again to stick to boot in when somebody is going through a hard time, you don't see them getting banned.

I got an email after my second ban saying that we should know by now that mumsnet isn't the site for me so to please stop trying to sign up. I sent one back telling them to go and duck themselves. Such a condescending bunch of twits and they wonder why the site owners or mods, whoever it was, become a target for 'swatting'

I hope it happens again when they're in the middle of their Christmas lunch.

Pricks.

Tattle is much nicer 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It's ridiculous isn't it. It's often the same names coming up time and time again to stick to boot in when somebody is going through a hard time, you don't see them getting banned.

I got an email after my second ban saying that we should know by now that mumsnet isn't the site for me so to please stop trying to sign up. I sent one back telling them to go and duck themselves. Such a condescending bunch of twits and they wonder why the site owners or mods, whoever it was, become a target for 'swatting'

I hope it happens again when they're in the middle of their Christmas lunch.

Pricks.

Tattle is much nicer 😊
And yet they let the serial fantasist with stairs in the kitchen back in FFS? If you are married to the bankrupt desperate Dan who is battling with a serious weight issue, at least melt in to the background.

Reactions: 6
And yet they let the serial fantasist with stairs in the kitchen back in FFS? If you are married to the bankrupt desperate Dan who is battling with a serious weight issue, at least melt in to the background.
What have I missed? I'm not familiar with that person, but I am intrigued 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What have I missed? I'm not familiar with that person, but I am intrigued 😂
She was banned but back now. Has a habit of making others feel awful about their own marriage, children etc and exaggerates her wealth. Was LeQueen.

lives a very pedestrian life and nothing wrong with that. But her insecurities turn her to exaggerate and inflate things.

no idea why she was allowed back but her dull lies and misrepresentation of a pretty average lifestyle in an attempt to belittle others will be her downfall.

she is on here I am sure.

• Wow
She was banned but back now. Has a habit of making others feel awful about their own marriage, children etc and exaggerates her wealth. Was LeQueen.

lives a very pedestrian life and nothing wrong with that. But her insecurities turn her to exaggerate and inflate things.

no idea why she was allowed back but her dull lies and misrepresentation of a pretty average lifestyle in an attempt to belittle others will be her downfall.

she is on here I am sure.
Ah! I have briefly heard of that user, she was mentioned on reddit I'm sure. I have some time on my hands this evening I might go and look up some of her posts, stairs in the kitchen?! Bonkers.

• Haha
Have you seen the one about the Dad who left the six year old alone for 20 mins while he walked the dog.

The replies are brutal, dont think the OP came back!

What was the "most mumsnetty thing" that poster did? It's been in the top 5 threads for about 3 days now. Maximum cringe level, has the OP even come back to let everyone know??

• Haha
Reactions: 5
EEDFB145-255E-423D-8026-69D40520243D.jpeg
What was the "most mumsnetty thing" that poster did? It's been in the top 5 threads for about 3 days now. Maximum cringe level, has the OP even come back to let everyone know??
I just saw that. Apparently it was ‘bleach the skirting boards’ which I’ve never heard anyone mention before. My money was on logging something with 101 or cancelling a cheque (the bantz!).

She’s just really pleased to be a Mumsnetter, bless ‘er 😑

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Have you seen the one about the Dad who left the six year old alone for 20 mins while he walked the dog.

The replies are brutal, dont think the OP came back!
God I saw that one this morning, the frothers were properly out in force yelling LTB, punch him (!), report him to Social Services. Talk about over reaction. For all we know he only took the dog for a 5 min walk round the block for a wee (I reckon no one on MN ever allows their dog to piss and tit in their own back garden!) . Not surprised OP didn't come back, she is probably now getting her financial info and passports together before instructing a SHL, true MN style...!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I hate how some posters are treating mumsnet as some kind of oracle for all things Covid related. The Covid form is a joke with
loads of threads asking can I do this or can I do that? Why not just bloody Google like the rest of us have to? A lot of the ‘advice’ posted in response isn’t even accurate. Actually a lot of the advice is terrible most of the time. The mods should really police threads asking for advice.

Reactions: 8
I hate how some posters are treating mumsnet as some kind of oracle for all things Covid related. The Covid form is a joke with
loads of threads asking can I do this or can I do that? Why not just bloody Google like the rest of us have to? A lot of the ‘advice’ posted in response isn’t even accurate. Actually a lot of the advice is terrible most of the time. The mods should really police threads asking for advice.
They often don't really want an answer, they just want to whinge and moan and for everyone to agree with them. I used to post a link to the relevant section on the govt website, then I'd get accused of being the thread police, just for answering the question they've asked in the OP.

I’ve got an ex JW in the family and it might sound daft, but not celebrating Christmas or your birthday does affect little kids (other religions like Islam or Judaism have their own celebrations, so I’m not talking about those who don’t celebrate Christmas specifically, obvs. JW don’t really celebrate anything, except Easter and even then it’s not a big family get together type thing).

The fact that the guy has left the Witnesses but still won’t celebrate Christmas tells me he really has some deep down issues that are affecting him. It sounds a bit like he’s still hedging his bets and could maybe do with that de-programming type counselling that is specific to ex cult members. My family member, who is ex JW, has gone the other way and makes a huge deal out of birthdays and Christmas, and really spoils his kids. He’s still close to his JW family as he wasn’t baptised (or their version of it) so he wasn’t dis fellowshipped, although his sister was and the rest of the family won’t talk to her. and he still resents his mother a bit for what she put him through as a kid.
As the daughter of a JW Christmas was always horrible even though my dad (not JW) tried to make it nice for us, it does leave deep emotional trauma so i did feel sorry for her partner ☹ It’s not as easy as just suddenly enjoying it when you’ve been told your whole life Christmas is literally the devil and pagan and everything else and your mum sits there with a face like a slapped ass all day

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I went to school with a JW and she missed out on so much. No Christmas, no birthdays, having to sit out of every single assembly throughout primary school… not even a single school trip.

Because your parents had to sign a permission form for medical treatment in the event of an emergency, didn’t they? Her parents couldn’t risk a terrible accident happening that might end with a teacher giving permission for a blood transfusion. So no school trips, ever.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I went to school with a JW and she missed out on so much. No Christmas, no birthdays, having to sit out of every single assembly throughout primary school… not even a single school trip.

Because your parents had to sign a permission form for medical treatment in the event of an emergency, didn’t they? Her parents couldn’t risk a terrible accident happening that might end with a teacher giving permission for a blood transfusion. So no school trips, ever.
I got to go just in the knowledge blood transfusions wouldn’t be happening in the event of an emergency 🙃

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.