Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yup, this! All teachers are saints, but all midwives are terribly cruel, don’t care and their baby could have died because no one would listen.

This probs bothers me more than most because I’m a labour ward coordinator, I think I’m quite nice and honestly I really do care and try my best to look after everyone. And if I ever thought one of my team was being cruel, trust me I’d be pulling them up on it
The midwife who delivered my first one was so lovely and kind and also fabulous at her job that I swear I almost saw a halo above her head. She put me at ease and got on with the job. She even came to the ward next day to see how I was. She didn’t have to do that but it was a lovely touch. I had good experiences with all the midwives that saw me, but that one stood out.

As a kid and as a parent I’ve had crappy, bullying teachers to deal with…and also had some fabulous ones. I couldn’t do too much about it as a kid. One teacher was so horrible to me constantly that a classmate complained to the guidance teacher on my behalf, without me knowing about it first. That was an interesting rest of the year when the horrible teacher had to be nice to me through gritted teeth 😂

Different story as a parent, and that times have changed. Two teachers have bullied my eldest. She’s a quiet type so they made the mistake of picking on her. One of them is no longer teaching and I’m working on the second. Adults who get jobs in teaching to aide them in their humiliation of youngsters deserve a special place in hell. There are plenty of them.

See also the police (the news today about misogyny and racism in the Met is awful).

Anyone seen the ghost thread? Absolute rubbish that one.. can already see it running into multiple threads, it’s screaming out troll.
The ghost nurse? Even though I know they’re bollocks, I do enjoy ghost stories!

Reactions: 7
There was an awful thread once about a girl who had been singled out by a teacher. I think she was about 15 and up to this one teacher her reports had been amazing. I’m sure it was something to do with her having really long dark eyelashes and the teacher sending her out to wash her face because she thought she was wearing make up. The teacher was so bad they ended up taking the daughter out of school (obviously other events happened after the face washing incident). Some of the responses the woman got were awful “never in 30 years teaching have I known a teacher take against a student” type thing. The thing is if you have been on the other side of this as a pupil or parent you know exactly what type of person you’re dealing with and it 100% can happen.

Reactions: 15

Yel

Has there been much talk on there about "mumsnet premium"?

I'm still astounded with how much that company makes, the 100+ employees then cheek of asking 5 squids a month while also pretending like it was going broke when internet companies have never had it so good since covid.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve defected from mumsnet, the wake up call was when I realised I couldn’t be arsed to start a thread, as it was bound to descend into another bun fight!

Reactions: 9
Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here.
I came here from mumsnet. Read how terrible it all was and should be shut down! I thought I have to see this site. Came on here, read a few threads & thought finally I am home. People on here are so rational compared to Mumsnet. It truly is a nest of vipers preying on sacrificial lambs!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Oh my god that article! Me me me me me ME
I’ve never read so much self-indulgent tit in my life. Why on earth didn’t her friends that she confided in, tell her to get the duck over herself?

Must be exhausting being such a miserable witch over something so minor.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Another creative writing exercise! And some of the advice reads like the plot of a chick lit novel. Absolute drivel!
That’s a troll announcing that they are literally ‘playing the long game’ by setting up a multi-thread saga with escalating drama.

Reactions: 9
The mini bar thread 🤣. Lady obviously excited to be at a hotel for her birthday in a nice suite, probably feels a bit awkward (sure we’ve all been there in different scenarios) asks mumsnet if they think the wine in the fridge is free. People come a long and say “no it’s usually charged and at an inflated price you should ask to be sure”. Fair enough.

Then you get you’re immature, a wet lettuce, it’s never free, if you need to ask the price you can’t afford it etc.

then amongst all this other posters come along with names of actual hotels and chains where in fact the mini bar is free.

One poster is pissed pff because she’s not a drinker and doesn’t see why her room rate should include a mini bottle of wine that probably cost the hotel 67p.

A few people come along with nice advice (like the sort you would actually give a friend or someone in real life). “Don’t be scared hotel receptionists have seen it all” etc

OP comes along and confirms after the encouragement she asked and it was in fact free and is having a lovely time (I can just imagine her being a lovely lady who this is a real treat for).

Some “not free” people are still saying they’ve travelled extensively to “proper posh” hotels and it’s NEVER free. (Despite there being actual examples of it being free sometimes they are better travelled so therefore RIGHT!).

now I’m sure the lady really didn’t need to post on the internet and I’m sure that 9/10 would just ask the hotel but god she wasn’t moaning just asking for advice in a situation she was unfamiliar with it was all perfectly innocent and written in good spirits. Do these who called her “wet lettuce” people never discuss any situation with their friends/ partners/ family. Is their life really that clear cut? Are they not capable of giving advice without it being snipy? It’s actually nice to see someone have a nice time and to be fair most people were helpful and called out the bad behaviour. Just waiting for someone to come along and accuse her of being an alcoholic 🙄

I used to regularly stay in a great hotel in the centre of Glasgow where not only did they have a well stocked free mini bar in the room there was a residents lounge where all the drinks and snacks were also free. The room rate was about £20 more than the Premier Inn and included breakfast and parking if I remember correctly.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I used to regularly stay in a great hotel in the centre of Glasgow where not only did they have a well stocked free mini bar in the room there was a residents lounge where all the drinks and snacks were also free. The room rate was about £20 more than the Premier Inn and included breakfast and parking if I remember correctly.
lol funnily enough a hotel in Glasgow was used several times in the thread as an example where the mini bar is free. Is it something ‘George’?

Reactions: 2
lol funnily enough a hotel in Glasgow was used several times in the thread as an example where the mini bar is free. Is it something ‘George’?
Yep it was. It was great before people started taking the piss. The residents lounge used to be open 24/7 but it changed to closing at 1am.

Reactions: 5
I was ruminating this morning on a possible MN post.

My DH (narcissist) and DMIL (BPD) keep saying I'm not doing enough around the house. They both suffer with OCD. I have PTSD, BPD, ASC & ADD. Our two DC are ASD & ADHD with multiple allergies. My DH says if I'm not going to do the housework I should find a job. He is on a six figure salary and has a time consuming hobby. Be too outing to say what. Now I'm really fearful of developing OCD on top of my PTSD and multiple other syndromes. Is he BU?

Answer: LTB he's abusive & there's probably another woman. Block the MIL she sounds a complete witch.

• Haha
I was ruminating this morning on a possible MN post.

My DH (narcissist) and DMIL (BPD) keep saying I'm not doing enough around the house. They both suffer with OCD. I have PTSD, BPD, ASC & ADD. Our two DC are ASD & ADHD with multiple allergies. My DH says if I'm not going to do the housework I should find a job. He is on a six figure salary and has a time consuming hobby. Be too outing to say what. Now I'm really fearful of developing OCD on top of my PTSD and multiple other syndromes. Is he BU?

Answer: LTB he's abusive & there's probably another woman. Block the MIL she sounds a complete witch.
Add in to your answer that she should consider cooking a chicken on Sunday so she has meals for the next three weeks, and you’d have a mumsnet bingo!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.